AKMS and Galil conversion kits coming soon

chas

I just spoke to Fung (the guy who runs gunnerairsoft.com) on MSN. I wanted to add an M4 stock to my order and he is giving me one for free! My M60 is not in stock (ordered it 2 days ago) so, instead of shipping it out next tuesday, he's getting one from a friend's shop and shipping it this saturday. If that's not good customer service, I dont know what is.

OK, lets cut to the cheese: Danmu (who, as far as I know, only make conversion kits for AK and AK accesories) are bringing out an AKMS and a Galil conversion kit, ALL STEEL and real wood.

Estimated arrival at Gunner's is late august for the AKMS and october for the Galil.

Price: Fung estimates 185$ for the Galil and a bit cheaper for the AKMS. Just guestimations.

If these conversion kits are like the other Danmu kits, you will only need a gearbox with motor, a hop up unit and an inner barrel. Using Cyma and Element parts, the total should be around 235$ plus shipping.

Well I'll be in line for the Galil also.

I've been so gutted ever since Guarder dropped their all steel limited edition kit, and have never bothered with the pre-built complete Galils.

Maybe Danmu have some experience under their belt's from their previous kits to get rid of all the china-esque low quality castings and get their act together for a good priced good quality kit.

my friend has a danmu AK74 kit, its pretty rough round the edges and has been nothing but trouble. i'll be avoiding these. looks like the best bet for an AKMS is G&G at the moment.

An absolute PITA. I have the same kit and whilst the quality is OK the work needed to install a gearbox and hop/barrel is beyond me and my toolset. A Dremel will not fix the problems and NONE of the bits (other than the upper receiver) will fit any other '74. All in all, buying that kit was a mistake.

I would advise that you avoid this make of kit completely.

I want a Galil too!

D

ASSEMBLY PROS:

1. pretty straight forward assembly

TIME TO ASSEMBLE:

About 3 hours without dremel ( i had to handsaw and file parts down), so approximately 1 hour with a dremel, and this includes disassembly of donor aeg, dry build then the real assembly.

Conclusion

Its definitely worth it. Its not as easy to assemble as a guarder/inokatsu kit, nor does it have the greatest fit and finish, but everything is fixable if you have a dremel and donor parts lying around (which most people will have). Keep in mind, this is the cheapest STEEL kit at the moment, so there are some issues you will have to contend with.

judging from my friend's kit i'd say they're very hit and miss. bits of my friend's kit barely fit, the dimensions are pretty off in some parts and needed work to fit together. apparently they don't use as many screws as inok either, which may explain the rattly handguards. even the hole for the fire selector needed to be widened. the supplied fire selector wouldnt work at all (i cant remember why, it was a fair while ago) he ended up using a cyma selector. and the finish on the steel itself is VERY rough and cheap looking in places.

this might just be me here but i'd prefer to spend a bit more on a G&G AKMS for better fit and finish.

as for the galil, i can see it being worth it as your only other real alternatives are TSI (lovely but costly) or finding an inok. if they make a MAR i might be interested.

In my case I had the same problem with the fire selector hole and boy is that a pain to widenbecause of the thick steel used. Also, the holes that are used to mount the hop unit were too far forward meaning that the seal between the unit and nozzle was compromised.

I obviously got sold a lemon but how frequent these are I don't know. Caveat emptor definitely applies with this make.

D

• 4 weeks later...

Archived