Star PMAGs 20 and 30 rounds

nightfire6

Whoa... are these listed anywhere yet?

I wonder why they even bothered to have the PTS info on the mags when they're clearly not a licensed PTS product. :huh:

Well, maybe they are licensed. You don't know that. ;)

Got word from Magpul PTS regarding these:

This is cooperation between Magpul PTS and StarAirsoft under our new product line called – Magpul PTS Green Label.

This is a low cost Real Cap AEG mag which is made by ABS plastic. This is totally different with our Mid-cap PMAG.

The official announcement and will send to later today or tomorrow.

Good to see Magpul PTS working with other mfgs. A win/win for consumers.

Got word from Magpul PTS regarding these:

Good to see Magpul PTS working with other mfgs. A win/win for consumers.

Wow... that really is awesome. Still, real capacity mags aren't my thing. I'll wait for standards or mid-caps... and especially FDE ones.

are these made of the same material as real steel ? ie are they as unbreakable as the real mags ?

No they are not (They, refering to the first Magpul PTS PMAG release from a few weeks ago) and no I haven't felt the need to test mine for durability compared to my real PMAGs.

No idea on the STAR PMAGs.

Realcaps are ok for CQB but are pretty useless in a woodland scenario where wind direction and speed fluctuate too much and range is an issue for accuracy.

I sometimes (when i can be bothered) use close to 90rnds in midcaps for woodland and always use a burst of 3 when firing to simulate a single round. A good option that balances realism and practicality.

These look ace and magpul products never disappoint.

Personally, midcaps are more practical cos if you choose to only load them up with 30rnds, you can. Choice and options are always good. Most Midcaps need 34 bbs to give 30 shots tho....

i've emailed Magpul requesting a Masada AEG! lets hope one arrives someday! :D

Ok guys, this might be stupid but...

Does anyone know if these actually hold 20 and 30 rounds of 6mm airsoft pellets? I THINK the 20 and 30 round numbers are referring to the size of the actual magazine in regards to real steel.

Then again..i may be completely wrong considering the fact that star was the first manufacturer to release real caps so whats to say these arent the same?

Can anyone shed some light on this? None of the websites, ie ebaybanned or even the star website list the actual capacity.

Perhaps im reading into this too much and im totally off base, i just figured i would throw the idea out there.

Does anyone know if these actually hold 20 and 30 rounds of 6mm airsoft pellets? I THINK the 20 and 30 round numbers are referring to the size of the actual magazine in regards to real steel.

Then again..i may be completely wrong considering the fact that star was the first manufacturer to release real caps so whats to say these arent the same?

Can anyone shed some light on this? None of the websites, ie ebaybanned or even the star website list the actual capacity.

Perhaps im reading into this too much and im totally off base, i just figured i would throw the idea out there.

They're probably just 20 and 30r mags, just like the real ones. They are realcaps after all. That would also explain why they're so cheap (less than 8$ a piece, if you exclude shipping).

The actual capacity on these specific magazines are 20 and 30 round respectively.

Archived