Larue - Urban Dark Earth

orca

While not an airsoft only release, this new Urdan Dark Earth (UDE) furniture kit from Larue and Magpul, answers the question of why FDE doesn't match form produts from the same mfg's.

You WAM4 and Systema PTW owners will be able to take full advantage of this kit! And the price isn't bad for all the parts included. AEG owners wil be able to use everything except the MOE grip.

26.jpg

LaRue Urban Dark Earth ... The perfect compliment to the new ACU pattern.

Available only as a complete set, this kit provides everything needed to convert your favorite rifle to our new Urban Dark Earth.. UDE is a subtle cross between FDE and Foliage Green. Magpul matched our spec, and created a private run of CTR's, MOE grips, and XTM Panels exclusively for us.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=251

UDE%20Small.jpg

Very nice!

and price is not so expensive...

Especially considering that a new FUG normally costs about $100, and a new CTR normally costs about $100... You're essentially getting a Magpul MOE Pistol Grip and 12 sets of Magpul XTM Rail Panels for free. Even though the MOE grip is unusable for most airsofters, the rest of the package is at a very decent price. I'm definitely going to pick one of these up tonight.

For a some info on why Larue and alot of the Gear Manufacturers do not ship internationally pleaw see below :

Mark Larue has told me over the phone when I rang the shop that it was to to with ITAR, International Traffic in Arms Regulations, restrictions

Based on what i know from work, yes I am ITAR cleared, one of its aims is to regulate the control and export and import of defense-related articles and services on the United States Munitions List which is listed below :

The 20 categories of articles on the USML are:

1. Firearms, Close Assault Weapons and Combat Shotguns

2. Guns and Armament

3. Ammunition/Ordnance

4. Launch Vehicles, Guided Missiles, Ballistic Missiles, Rockets, Torpedoes, Bombs, and Mines

5. Explosives and Energetic Materials, Propellants, Incendiary Agents, and their Constituents

6. Vessels of War and Special Naval Equipment

7. Tanks and Military Vehicles

8. Aircraft and Associated Equipment

9. Military Training Equipment

10. Military Electronics

11. Protective Personnel Equipment

12. Fire Control, Range Finder, Optical and Guidance and Control Equipment

13. Auxiliary Military Equipment

14. Toxicological Agents, Including Chemical Agents, Biological Agents, and Associated Equipment

15. Spacecraft Systems and Associated Equipment

16. Nuclear Weapons, Design and Testing Related Items

17. Classified Articles, Technical Data and Defense Services Not Otherwise Enumerated

18. Directed Energy Weapons

19. [Reserved]

20. Submersible Vessels, Oceanographic and Associated Equipment

21. Miscellaneous Articles

Whilst it is there has been great debate whether certain weapon accessories fall under categories 2, 9 and 10, for a lot of the smaller manufacturer they play it safe as the problems and fines relating to braking these regs can be excessive to the extreme.

This is mainly why they do not ship world wide

UDE looks to match the ACU Light Green, or between ACU Light Green and ACU Light Tan. The prob with Magpul FDE across all their own products (PTS and Real) in FDE, are all different in shades, sometimes dramtically different. I think Larue's point is to make sure their UDE color matches across all the packaged products. I dont' think Mark created something to compete against FDE as a color, but to give consumers something that is consistent in color.

Using the Duracoat color guide, these may give you a better idea of the differences in color, compounded by the differences in FDE across different mfgs:

dcc_74.jpgdcc_75.jpgdcc_79.jpgdcc_86.jpgdcc_93.jpgdcc_98.jpg

That looks nice, hopefully magpul will release other rail covers, and or stocks and grips in UDE to benefit both airsoft, and RS.

Pretty confident this wil be a Larue ONLY release for their Real Steel customers. Airsoft isn't a consideration for Larue due to the copies. Larue actually kicks anyone suspected of being an airsoft clone company out of his booth at tradeshows.

Pretty confident this wil be a Larue ONLY release for their Real Steel customers. Airsoft isn't a consideration for Larue due to the copies. Larue actually kicks anyone suspected of being an airsoft clone company out of his booth at tradeshows.

Ya...and imagine what he's gonna do to the person who kicked a members only link deal out to the airsoft community..........

...what? What am I missing?

Do I even want to know?

-Vic

That link given out was supposed to be ONLY for the guys who signed up as Larue Team members. Not supposed to give it out since it had the special pricing. *shrugs* When people do dumb sh*t like that, it usually screws everyone when people like Larue as less motivated to do special deals like it.

Archived