King Arms Galil Series

ReDgUaRd008

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:) Guys, i've got the Galil sitting right next to me. Recieved it from King Arms a few days ago so expect a review on-line very shortly. Not going to give too much away just yet (you can read the review once it's complete!) - but wow, it's a nice bit of kit. Haven't actually got round to firing the damn thing yet because I'm trying to source a 9.6v stick battery (there is sooooo much room in the gas tube), i'm not going to risk 12v on it.

Stay tuned for more details as they follow...

If it's got a "Dummy Selector" does that mean that it's still not a true ambi-selector and the left selector is just for looks? :huh:

I really hope they make some decent midcaps... would go well with my TSI Galil.

I'm surprised they say they have "Licensed Galil Markings"... wonder if they bought them from Cybergun as this product would compete with ICS' Galil (which is done in partnership with Cybergun from what I recall).

It does look nice though. But no Hebrew markings?

I'm wondering why it's such a problem to make a functional left-side selector for a V3 mechbox. The CA SA58 has one, works fine (and why shouldn't it, the selector plate is also on the left side, so what's the problem?).

That said, HOLY *fruitcage*! This is awesome. And proper Galil mags. Thx KA, that MAR has my name on it (right there on the side, "israel miluttary industries", see?) fo real.

It is a bit of a shame they didn't make the left hand selector functional, I would have preferred to see that rather than the blowback bolt, would have been far more useful. Afterall, IMI made the Galil ambidexturous, would have been nice to see the airsoft model follow suit. Still, if it's anything like the Troy it'll have a 6.04mm barrel in it, and a decent hop-up too, which in my books more than makes up for it.

I'm wondering why it's such a problem to make a functional left-side selector for a V3 mechbox. The CA SA58 has one, works fine (and why shouldn't it, the selector plate is also on the left side, so what's the problem?).

That said, HOLY *fruitcage*! This is awesome. And proper Galil mags. Thx KA, that MAR has my name on it (right there on the side, "israel miluttary industries", see?) fo real.

I'm wondering why it's such a problem to make a functional left-side selector for a V3 mechbox.

It's not impossible. TSI's Galil has a functional left-side selector and works very nicely and it's a V3 GB. For me, I use the left selector on my Galil more than the right selector... that way I don't have to take my shooting hand off the pistol grip.

Hi Reborn, no this one will only take King Arms own magazines I'm afraid - I checked with them as I was thinking similar things!

This may be a newbie question, but can the Galil series take 30-round STANAG magazines?

It would be nice to be able to share magazines between my M733 and a Galil MAR.

Damn - what is it with all the Galils suddenly? I spent years dreaming of owning one - wet myself when the TSI Armouries version came along, and just got one - and now they're popping up all over the place.

Thank God KA are making proper mags for theirs - I'm a bit sick of having to use AK74 mags in my TSI. BTW, Galil's were built off of Valmet versions of AK receivers - so, no they don't take M16-type magazines (without an adapter), they use the AK style of magazine well.

I'm intrigued by the KA's battery claims too. That's actually the only thing about the TSI version that I'm not 100% satisfied with - it can't take a "big" battery, so I always have to have a spare on hand.

I'm not hugely fussed about the ambi-dexterous selector - yes its a nice feature and it adds to the realism, but I've found that on my TSI I have to always double-check the position of the big paddle-shaped right-hand selector anyways - as the left-side one isn't quite precise enough.

Can't fault the build-quality of the TSI Galil though - the thing is built like a Land Rover Defender.

P.S. Sale - I'm with you mate - I would love to have an RK95 AEG. :D

Archived