MP7 fit and finish: TM VS Galaxy VS WELL

Krazy L

I've had 3 TM MP7's... all very nice guns with the first being a lemon with very bad range on it (like 25 to 30 feet max...) the next to much better of course....

anyway how do some of the clones stack up against the TM? I really just want another to plink at cans with in the office/at home. not skirmishing or anything. and the internals may even get stripped out of it and replaces with a NBB internals at a later date.

My question is who makes the strongest mp7?

i'm talking fit and finish wise here. tightest fit of the frame, strongest plastic, best overall feel... I really don't want to dump what a TM cost into something that really isn't going to be used for anything but knocking cans over...

so a little help here...

thanks

Levi

I happened to be asking a well respected forumnite's opinion on the MP7. Between the well and galaxy, the advice I was given is that:

The well is better in terms of external fit and finish, the galaxy is better in terms of internal parts and robustness. Compared to each other of course.

This Well is a nightmare. I tell you this from firsthand experience. It reminds me of the half-assed quality put into the old UTG Mp5's.

I haven't handled the TM or the Galaxy (nor do I ever want to), however, I talked to an owner of a galaxy Mp7 who had more or less the same problems. This leads me to believe the design of the Mp7 series is just flawed in the first place, or must be very damn hard to get right.

I have 3 marui mp7's and HAD 1 well mp7. The Marui is without a doubt the winner here. The metal parts on the marui seem to be anodized of some sort and the finish may wear away instead of chip off in huge high lead content chunks painted of the well.

You guys may want to Reconsider the WELL, I have handled the TM aswell, And its Excelent.. Rock solid, and there are trades everywere (if there intact..)

Galaxy passes the WELL, when it comes to old models..

Well has released a Metal Body verion of there well Mp7, Witch I think is cool. It may not be realistic, But hay, How nice would it to be if you said you had a Metal MP7? That part alone should be worth it.. Plus, For me I have all of the internal upgrades I need sitting in a drower waiting to be used..

anyone here got specs on the MP7 size? mainly just the body not counting the stock or the flash hider. and if someone here has a pic of one opened up it would be very helpful.

thanks

Levi

strangely, with an AEP inside a body thats much larger than most AEP pistol bodies, it should be easier to get right.

Morugatu, could you perhaps elaborate on the various problems you've had with your Well MP7? Thanks.

-Well the hop up unit was severly over lubed (not that it even works in the first place regardless of lubricant applied).

-Plastic seems rather weak as the charging handle is currectly missing a chunck

-The selector switch got all messed up (it no longer works on semi and has a habit of going to full auto when set at semi).

-The battery contacts weren't shaped correctly forcing me to go in and bend them to work with the battery (which is absolute poo and should be replaced with a TM not only for a RoF increase, but it dies after 50 or so charges).

-The air nozzle came off the tappet plate which was just a pain as I wasn't used to the Mp7's style of tappet plate extending out of the gearbox shell.

-The Shimming is absolute crude, the gears are also poorly molded with the axles on one or two even being a tad 'off'.

-I've also read one individual (can't remember where, but I believe it was a review I read awhile back while trying to figure out how to takedown the Mp7) who had problems with installing aftermarket bushings and gears as the Well gearbox didin't have the right dimensions due to the terrible QC.

-Lastly, thanks to the rather poor fps and hop up unit, the max. distance I was ever really able to get was approx. 50ft. and even at that range accuracy was rather poor. Beyond 50ft. it was simply just luck if you managed to get someone.

Now, in all likelyhood, I could very well have recieved a lemon, but I see no reason anyone should risk $90 when there are much better choices of small, compact replicas out there in the same price range. ;)

As a Well Mp7 owner....

I had the gun so far for... 1 year, it only operated for 2 months. So for 10 months it is still taken apart in my drawer..

Ok.. what happened to mine... Ok... The "battery safety" catch broke (how you have to switch it to safety before the battery comes out or something)

The mag release catch half broke off- poor quality plastic i think!

The front barrel thingy which pushes in the battery was loose. and subsequently the battery didn't connect some times. In a fire fight this was not desired.

The rear stock is damn flimsy, IF you shoulder the weapon and put some weight on it, the stock will release and slide back in. ALSO not very nice when you're aiming and the stock slides in and your eye hits the sights.

The trigger is ever so not responsive. Reallllllllllly rubbish....

My semi shot in full auto and full auto didn't shoot at all.

Hop up was rubbish, didn't really hop up at all, then suddenly after a few more shots gave me negative hop which i could never solve.

haven't shot enough to tell you the gearbox issues,....So,.. sigh!!!!

I heard the galaxy one was much better than well!!!.. i bought the gun before this though... i wished i saved up more for galaxy.. i might get another one though!!!! because i have like 4 mp7 mags lying around!

Yep the guy who had trouble fitting bearings into his Well was me :) I also found that the trigger block had too small a hole through it to accept a Laylax tightbore without sticking a shim between the two halves.

As has been said the trigger is terrible. No matter what i tried to do to get it more sensitive it still required a tight squeeze right at the end of the travel make it shoot. I improved the situation, but couldn't eradicate it completely.

The stock is loose in the lock so when i hooked up a 8.4 mini the vibration from the gearbox would shake the lock loose and allow the stock to collapse on one side....

I'm sure you don't need me to tell you which I would choose between the TM and Well.

I've had my 2nd hand TM for over a year now, upgraded with spring, bearings and running continuously on 8.4v mini and it's given me no trouble at all.

I've got the Well and TM MP7's and I've actually had more problems with the TM one, unmodified with a standard 7.2v battery and its blown 3 fuses. can't find any reason for this as there doesn't seem to be any problems with the wiring. It also won't shoot on semi, FA or nothing. Not had any issues with the Well one. Range on both mp7's is good and no hop problems, good accuracy as well. Not tried the Galaxy one yet and heard the BE one is garbage.

I've got the Well and TM MP7's and I've actually had more problems with the TM one, unmodified with a standard 7.2v battery and its blown 3 fuses. can't find any reason for this as there doesn't seem to be any problems with the wiring. It also won't shoot on semi, FA or nothing. Not had any issues with the Well one. Range on both mp7's is good and no hop problems, good accuracy as well. Not tried the Galaxy one yet and heard the BE one is garbage.

Did you own your TM one from new? Maybe your gearbox is jammed.

Maybe the new runs of the Well mp7 are up to scratch now, but sadly for my i got one of the first batches and it was worse than bad :( My one had all the reported problems..... terrible hop, bent battery contacts, low rof, incompatible with laylax barrel, incompatible with bearings, wobbly stock that closed itself, very stiff trigger etc. It's only saving grace was that it could feed flawlessly from the TM hicap :P

I own a Both elephant Mp7 and a Galaxy, and ive held and fiddled with a TM and the TM is definately the best. However, i wouldnt pay what they ask for an AEP, and the Galaxy is near identical externally (minus trades) and shoots slightly hotter stock, and best of all for a clone mp7, the hop actually does something. Ive heard about battery compatability problems with the galaxy as captain barsteward mentioned, but im moving to an external battery set up in an eotech battery box so this isnt a problem for me, but you might want to keep that in mind.

Galaxy however have appauling QC on the mp7, and unless you get a good one (i was lucky) then you have yourself an externally beautiful paperweight. The BE is better on the QC but the plastic quality is much poorer, and from what i hear the well is even worse externally. Another problem with the galaxy is the mag catch will need replacing eventually, lemon or otherwise due to the horrid weak plastic used (already mentioned). It will wear down and eventually the mags wont hold in the magwell(the stock hicap is also fit for only the bin). I swaped my galaxy mag catch out for the BE one as spare mag catches are near impossible to source, and i bought the BE for parts anway such as gearset and motor which you cannot buy spares of.

I have the well myself and its been fine for about 6 months now. ive used the TM too and its no question, its far superior to anything else available. The galaxy is definitley below the well though, I work as an tech for an airsoft retailer and have compared both the galaxy and the Well.

you would imagine that galaxy would have done a better gob based on the quality in their mp5s.

Did you own your TM one from new? Maybe your gearbox is jammed.

Maybe the new runs of the Well mp7 are up to scratch now, but sadly for my i got one of the first batches and it was worse than bad :( My one had all the reported problems..... terrible hop, bent battery contacts, low rof, incompatible with laylax barrel, incompatible with bearings, wobbly stock that closed itself, very stiff trigger etc. It's only saving grace was that it could feed flawlessly from the TM hicap :P

I wasn't very clear was I... it will shoot fa just won't shoot on semi. Got it second hand and other than the minor problem of the semi not working (trigger mech I think) and blowing fuses (can't find a problem in the wiring and its not a regular fault) its fine.

I own the TM version... Got it second hand.

It's the best compact weapon I've owned. It's completely stock, so the FPS is around 250 with average range, not sure how far in feet :P It's currently fit with the 9ball silencer adapter and a short G&G silencer. It's almost silent from 15 feet away :D this is what does it for me :D optics wise I've got an aimpoint copy that's co witnessed with the iron sights.

Quality, externally I can't complain. It's solid, durable and feels nice. The only quirk it has is the bottom of the pistol grip splits slightly when using hicaps...

The selector, mag release, bolt release thing and cocking handle are all solid and fine

The hop does it's job quite satisfactoraly,

The ROF is ok, not as fast as a stock AEG, but fast enough to deliver a few rounds into a target when it's needed...

Although, this isn't an issue for me, I use standard mags in it and it's usually on semi :)

The batteries fit fine, no problems with the contacts or anything like that :)

Video and images to come soon :)

I wasn't very clear was I... it will shoot fa just won't shoot on semi. Got it second hand and other than the minor problem of the semi not working (trigger mech I think) and blowing fuses (can't find a problem in the wiring and its not a regular fault) its fine.

Sounds to me like the previous owner has had the gearbox out and forgotten to hook back on the bar that detatches the trigger in semi. Without it hooked on the mp7 will only fire in FA :) it's actually quite a common oversight when putting mp7s back together.

Have a look in the MP7A1 threads for a takedown guide. If you can't figure it out drop me a PM and i'll try to talk you through it :)

As for the fuses going, maybe the previous owner has overshimmed the gearbox and there's too much resistance?

Archived