G&G Top Tech Blowback M4 - Preorders Started!

Jin15

I'm not sure exactly how much this news should be here on an international board, since I've only seen pre-orders at Airsoft GI, but for those interested here's the link ---> http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?...1c9099a21697bbb

Price is comparable to the Marui blowback AEGs, but with a whole new blowback system that could prove extremely reliable. For those who do not know how the Top Tech pneumatic blowback system works, this new blowback system uses some of the air pushed forward when the piston springs forward to shoot the BB and re-routes it to a tube connected to the bolt assembly. Most of the air still goes out the nozzle to shoot the BB, but some of it is rerouted to the bolt assesmbly to make it blow back every shot. The bolt just has a spring behind it to make it snap forward after the shot.

Here's a 3D animated gearbox cross section video of the system in action --->

It looks like it could prove to be a much more reliable AEG blowback system than any that have come before it (namely the systems that connect the bolt directly to the piston through a hole in the top of the gearbox to make the bolt spring back when the piston is pulled back) but only time will tell.

So yeah, just thought you blowback fans would like to know about this! ^_^

Actually the system looks like it would put much more stress on it then the current Marui system. Also if the systema failrs, your going to have a aeg that in effect would not work because the blowback is connected to the actual pressurized system of the gun.

Hopeful that it will work, as I love innovation, skeptical at its actual long term application.

As much as this thing has blow back, I reckon it can't push a bolt heavier than that of an M16 AEG and subsequently wouldn't offer any felt kick. Then there bleeding some of the power from the piston to work the blow back bits. Still, for stock fps levels this should be fairly amusing.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is an AEG, so the only "Bolt" this system will be pushing back is a thin piece of metal, that is actually a cover more than a "heavy" bolt as you suggest. Not only that, of course you're not going to feel any significant "recoil"...but then how many AEGs give you that? A good vibration not even comparible to a Xbox joy pad maybe, but recoil......don't think so.

All this is a nice cosmetic feature to give the gun a bit more realism, and thats it. For what it is, its nice enough, but I don't think it should cost more than a standard AEG without it, as it doesn't do anything for the performance of the rifle.

Having said that, how many rifles cost more because of cosmetic differences from a base model? additional RIS rails, scopes, grips, foregrips, upper and lower recievers, etc etc....so I guess this is one more reason to hike the price up....why not ;)

Actually this looks really good.

Cosmetically a working bolt is great, but addition of a spring release is even better, and as an added bonus one can now have ambidextrous fire selector switch.

So way cool.

The question is now can this gearbox be retrofitted (I would expect to have to modify them a bit, but in general) to other bodies?

Looks like a nice new range with good other features but has anyone seen the blowback tests? Looks less than powerful and the it doesn't even go back halfway...

And if something does go wrong hopefully that shouldn't make a difference but it could mean terrible compression problems?

Seems like a very cool system. But what about G&Gs FNC? If they make an FNC with this blowback system I'll buy it straight away! :D

Xeno; You'd buy any FNC , no matter if it shoots or not :')

but on topic, i am curious to see what kind of kickback or blowback this system will produce

The system doesn't look like it could work as it does in the animation. I don't see how the recoil piston could be pushed back and then forward right before the main piston slaps home without some sort of complex system of valves, which wouldn't really make sense...

It does look to be a very interesting product though, and a very original idea.

What worries me is somebody running one of these things at field limit, and then jamming the bolt with something so the air pressure is higher, thus going over the limit in a matter of seconds.

You're so paranoid. :P It'd probably be easier and faster to use a quick change spring feature on an AEG than to do that, not to mention probably have a lot more noticeable effect.

Archived