Three point sling

Shao14

So, this may sound dumb, but I have absolutely no clue if there's a right way put a three point sling on my M15A4 Carbine. Ok, I can put the front end on pretty easily, but I have no idea how the end one is supposed to be put on. Is there a standard way of doing it? My sling didn't come with any instructions. It's made by Infinity Tactical Systems. Just wondering. Flaming welcome.

Here whay my current knob look like

post-875-1114137760_thumb.jpg

post-875-1114137776_thumb.jpg

post-875-1114137792_thumb.jpg

There is always a standard way to mount it, but it depends on the sling. Every manufacturer makes them different.

Could you provide me a picture from the whole Sling + Adapters? I'm a bit confused from your current pictures, it looks like it's the wrong adapter for the Carbine stock.

It's a lot easier if you've got a "proper" sling loop on the stock, as found on an ICS M4. ;)

The set-up on the standard M4 stock does tend to lend itself to bodging since there is no proper termination point.

Some people would suggest sticking a keyring loop through the top sling slot. Personally I think this looks awfully cheap and nasty, rattles like a bugger and is way too flimsy.

As Unimatrix said, it really depends on what attachments your sling came with.

A 3 point sling should be free to slide at the stock end. Most slings are fixed at the front, slip through the stock and then are fixed to a sliding buckle half way back towards the front sling point.

TBH, I'm not sure if the M4 stock was actually designed for use with a 3 point sling. It seems, to me, that the only way to fit one to a standard M4 stock would be to slide it through the bottom slot, out through the top slot and then back toward the front. Not very slidey though.

Most people who fit a 3 point sling to an M4 make use of one of those little bracket doohickeys which you fit by removing the buffer tube and sandwiching it between the receiver and the buffer tube.

Fitting one of these also improves the way the sling sits a lot too. I don't have one and, with the stock extended, the sling is very long. Kinda like having a longbow slung over my shoulder, if you see what I mean.

On the other hand, if you just have a standard 2 point sling then just thread the end through the bottom slot, out through the top and then use a sliding buckle to secure the end.

I use the Eagle Industries "realsteel" TAS-3 Tactical Sling. Eagle delivers them with a set of very nice adapters, so it's easy to fit the sling properly. A 3-point sling for an AR15 carbine should include an adapter like the one on this picture to loop arround the Stock-tube.

p_TAS-3-COMBO.jpg

Guarder and a few other manufacturers also offer their Tactical Slings with a similar adapter, but without such a nice front-adapter as Eagle.

http://www.intrudershop.com/show_product_e...p?idproduct=316

Okay, it's difficult to say just from the pictures if this will work as expected, but in my opinion it should be the proper way to fit the sling:

slingbackadaptor2.jpg

1) loop part 1 true the slits in the stock and fix it with the buckle/velcros. Start at the left side of the stock, pass it trough the lower slit first.

2) use part 2 to loop arround the stocks rear side. It should be possible to fix it with part 1 by using the velcros.

3) connect sling with the buckle (part 3)

BTW: It's also possible that this is the adapter for a fixed stock AR15.

Hmmm I'm afraid so.

At least we know now that this is the wrong adapter. The only other possiblity I see is to mount it with that cord adapter as you've done before. But that looks odd.

Maybe it's the wrong sling, it seems to me as it is only made for full-stock ARs.

Get another sling ;)

Hmmm I'm afraid so.

At least we know now that this is the wrong adapter. The only other possiblity I see is to mount it with that cord adapter as you've done before. But that looks odd.

Maybe it's the wrong sling, it seems to me as it is only made for full-stock ARs.

Get another sling ;)

Well, it said it was a universal sling. :P But I guess I'm not hardcore enough to just buy another sling until this one breaks. I guess I can just go for that last configuration I did, doesn't bother me TOO much since it doesn't get in the way of my shooting. :D Thanks for all the help! :)

• 7 months later...

I have two different three point slings and was wondering what is the proper method to attach either sling to my CA M15A4 CQB. I sort of found out how to attach one of them, but I can't figure out the other.

Let me start off by apologizing for the size of the photos, but closeups help in these technical type threads (don't they?). :) And each pic is about 100kb, so it shouldn't be too bad for 56kers. :P

First, some pics of both slings (I think the one on top looks similiar to Shao's):

post-7858-1134291084_thumb.jpg post-7858-1134291100_thumb.jpg post-7858-1134291114_thumb.jpg

Second, some pics of the bottom sling attached (or at least, what I could figure out):

post-7858-1134291133_thumb.jpg post-7858-1134291146_thumb.jpg

Some close ups of the stock and front swivel:

post-7858-1134291180_thumb.jpg post-7858-1134291193_thumb.jpg post-7858-1134291206_thumb.jpg post-7858-1134291228_thumb.jpg post-7858-1134291248_thumb.jpg

So my questions are, am I attaching the bottom sling correctly, and how the hell do I attach the top sling?

And for reference or in case any of the pics do not work, I have more photos of the slings here.

Are you a South Paw by chance? A side mount for the front sling swivel would be useful.

As with Shao14 you'd be better served with an adaptor on the stock that runs at right angles to the line of the sling/rifle.

You could probably make this using a cut off from the end of the existing sling & a spare buckle/slidelok.

I was surprised it didn't to be honest. I thought about buying the CA CQB a while ago but chopped up my M635 instead. I hadn't looked at it close enough to notice it lacked the front side mount.

No rear side mount either, shame. They work well with a single point sling/wolf hook.

Hehe, there is really no "right" way to get the sling with wrong adaptor to work. ;) As long as the sling is attached to the gun securely, and holds the gun up as it should, it's all good. It might take a bit creativity to make it look cool. :D

This is how I attached my sling to the CQB.

The front, I simply use the short rope to loop around the front sight post.

slingfront.jpg

Actually, I just realized that wrapping around the horizontal part of the front sight may work even better. :)

slingfront2.jpg

The back, I simply loop around the crane stock with the main adaptor, and wrap the extra part around the back. :)

slingback1.jpg

slingback2.jpg

slingback3.jpg

Works for me. ;)

Haha. Thanks for the pics. It's too bad there is no proper way, as I lack creativity. :P Your stock wrapping method actually looks pretty good. :) I was thinking about doing something similiar. Oh well, I'll try out some different configurations and post pics later.

It took me some tinkering but after looking at more photos and moving around some adapters (the way it came when I bought it was very confusing), I found out I was trying to attach it *albatross* backwards. Anyhow, I was able to attach the sling to the rear stock similarly to Shao's, except it was modified to fit my left-handed self, which involved a simple turn and a twist of the rear adapter (see attached pics). As for the front section, the sling attachment point was the sling swivel itself.

Rear attachment:

post-7858-1134944486_thumb.jpg post-7858-1134944561_thumb.jpg

Front attachment:

post-7858-1134944970_thumb.jpg

Overview:

post-7858-1134945011_thumb.jpg post-7858-1134945026_thumb.jpg

More detailed pics can be found here, images 60-81 being the most recent.

As for the other sling in my previous pictures, that was attached *albatross* backwards, as well. So I fixed that and it worked in a similiar fashion to the above sling, except a rear adapter was not included or necessary.

• 2 months later...

Archived