Airsoft Dynamics

Duff Beer

before I kick off, all those who have had bad experiences with them don't tell me 'I told you so'. They have been good in the past and I have even recommended them. However, this time I give up.

On Monday moring around 0530 (my student loan came through nice and early) I ordered a KM tightbore barrel for the Famas, a RIS rail for the M9, and a Tornado Holster. I recived my order confirmation email a few hours later, but then around 1100 I recieved an email from them saying (predictably) they hadn't got the rail or the holster. I emailed back within a couple of minutes to say to cancel the rail and holster, but just send me the barrel.

Roll on to Tuesday. I had not heard anything by lunchtime so I rang up to see what was going on. I was told that yes, they had recieved the email, but were in the process of replying. That was not a problem. I asked them again to just send me the barrel and charge me whatever postage is required as the order is under £50. I was told the barrel would be with me on Wednesday.

Wednesday arrived, I took the day off Uni (for those of you that don't know it's exam season) which meant that instead of going to lectures and seminars and getting the exam hints and important informatoin I was at home. Nothing arrived by 1400 so I rang again. I was told that my order would be checked on and I would be called back within the hour. An hour and a half later I had not heard anything so I rang back. I was told that the parcel had been shipped, and that it should be with me on Thursday.

Thursday arrives (another day off Uni) and still no package. I ask for the reference number so that I can track the package myself online. I am told that I would be called back in a couple of minutes. An hour passes and I ring up again apparently just as I was about to be called. Sticking the reference number into the tracking function thing on the internet came up with nothing (whilst he held the line). I explain that I have paid for postage and that I had to take two days off uni so close to my exams. I request compensation, he says something will be worked out. He says he still has not heard anything from parcel Farce. He rings me back in the evening to let me know a depot wide search has been initiated to try and find my parcel at the sorting office.

So here I am on friday, with Airsoft Dynamics not having rung me to keep me up to date, and me without my barrel which I need for Chatham on Sunday. A couple of things bug me about this situation. The losing of the package in the mail is not a major pain, things go walkies. However, what does frustrate me is not being kept up to date on my package. I want to know if Airsoft Dynamics have heard something, or even if they haven't. I want to actually be called within the time period that they say they will call, and not have to ring them to chase them up. Also I am now fully fed up with the lack of stock updates on their site. Wolf manage it, and to a certain extent Airsoft Scotland do as well (though they will bend over backwards to find you what you want or a replacement if they haven;t got it).

I just get the feeling that Airsoft Dynamics customer servvice is slapdash. I used to work in sales, and working with the general public. If I promised to ring a customer back then I bloody well did. I haven't been offered any options by Airsoft Dynamics such as a refund except for possible compensation on the postage, and to sit it out at a great inconvenience to myself and others in the house as well.

Whatever I have said in the past about them, whenever I have defended their shortcommings, I take it back. I wouldn't shop with them for love nor money. My friends don't shop with them, and neither does my family having all been treated in a similar way.

Don't touch them folks, shop with Airsoft Scotland and Zero One.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too true!

They reply to few emails, the only way to get direct communication is to ring up and ask.

I ordered a mask for a friend on the second of february, told about a week later it was out of stock by email so i changed the order and was told it would arrive soon...

Almost 2 months in the future i rang them and asked what was happening they told me that the new mask was out of stock. They didn't tell me for TWO months.

Im still waiting (apperantly next friday it should be at my house, but im not gonna hold my breath).

Farry

PS only order if you like hassle and waiting for months with little contact unless you go out of your way.

ok, i may be about to get shouted at for this.. but

ive bought all my stuff from airsoft dynamics.

and ive bought a lot.

i ring them, ask if its in stock, they say yes, it arrives the next day.

everytime bar once. and on that time, when the parcel was sent to the wrong depot by mistake, they got another curior to go and get it, and it arrived one day later/ no extra charge. plus they email me back the same day whenever i mail them for advice.

just hought i should defend them a little.

Too true!

They reply to few emails, the only way to get direct communication is to ring up and ask.

I ordered a mask for a friend on the second of february, told about a week later it was out of stock by email so i changed the order and was told it would arrive soon...

Almost 2 months in the future i rang them and asked what was happening they told me that the new mask was out of stock. They didn't tell me for TWO months.

Im still waiting (apperantly next friday it should be at my house, but im not gonna hold my breath).

Farry

PS only order if you like hassle and waiting for months with little contact unless you go out of your way.

I've only ever bought one item from AD (a battery bag for the MC51) and it arrived within 48 hours, so I guess they do get it right at least some of the time.

There really is no excuse for poor customer service though, and people like Airsoft Scotland show that it can be done so much better.

ok,  i may be about to get shouted at for this.. but

ive bought all my stuff from airsoft dynamics.

and ive bought a lot.

i ring them, ask if its in stock, they say yes, it arrives the next day.

everytime bar once. and on that time, when the parcel was sent to the wrong depot by mistake, they got another curior to go and get it, and it arrived one day later/ no extra charge. plus they email me back the same day whenever i mail them for advice.

just hought i should defend them a little.

I don't mind people defending them, this isn't a hate quest, it's to inform people of the service I am currently recieving. I have shopped with them a few times before and not had any major problems (stock issues only), and before they have had stock to me in less than 24hrs, but this time it's not as good. I have even defended them myself in the past, but this time I have had enough.

I've never met anyone in Denmark who shopped with them and was satisfied. Instead everybody has their own little funny story :( I guess their good service is reserved for their UK costumers. I also called them to be met with nothing but "I'll check it and mail you" replies. No emails obviously.

At some point everybody has a problem with Internet/Phone orders I wish all retailers had a online real time stock Inventory of some sort that way the majority of these problems would never occur.Difficult I know but at least It would save you paying online just to find out nothing you ordered Is In stock and save you having to go through the waiting/refund game.

Customer service on my order was sh-t aswell.

I ordered a spring M16 and made sure it was in stock first, i was told it was. I also specifically asked twice if i ordered it before 12 would it be at my address the following day, each time they said yes it definately would be.

To cut a long story short it never arrived until a week later. I had to phone them every single bloody day to ask what was going on, and each time i got fobbed off with them saying it was posted and they were trying to track it down. When it finally did arrive a week later i looked at the date it was posted, it was about 4 days after they told me it was. I wont be ordering from them again.

I tried to buy stuff off AD once. Never again, for all the reasons mentioned by Duff.

TBH, I avoided using Fire-Support for ages for the same reason. I've recently bought stuff that only they (F-S) had in stock and been forced to use them. Buying from F-S is like contacting the dead though. You place your order then hear nothing. Emails go unanswered and the phone rings off the hook. Then, a week later, your order arrives at your door.

Companies need to realise that a bit of customer service is going to do wonders for their reputation. Relative new-starts such as BBT are a bit dubious for net shopping but they make up for it by selling to people who walk into thier real-live shop. AD don't have that luxury. If they lose out in the internet market then they're stuffed.

The way I see it, AD are really not the first choice for anything. If you want a standard TM AEG then A2 is the place to go. If you want fancy bits then Z1 is the best. If you're after something that you can't find anywhere else then Wolf is worth a look. If you're looking for upgrade parts then Fire-Support is unbeatable for choice. Airsoft Scotland has good prices and up-to-date stock levels (and they're great for me cos delivery to Dumfries only takes a day). AD just aren't market leaders in any category.

You place your order then hear nothing. Emails go unanswered and the phone rings off the hook

That sounds exactly like the problem i'm having with Masterchiefs. Except that i get this bored sounding woman saying "...Please - Leave - a - Message..."

my first order over a year ago was incomplete, they supplied and MP5 QD silencer but failed to get the lugged muzzle adapter, and gave up, luckily zeroone helped out there,

I thought never again.

But they have stuff on their site no one else has, so i've tried ordering about 3 times but they have NEVER had the items in stock.

Basically i think their guys keep an eye on unusual products, put them on their site, then IF they sell one they try to get one in to ship to you, everything is either simple and in stock or they MAY have it in 3 weeks, eg their looking for one ;)

AD = terrible

When I first ordered from AD several years ago (make that 4-5 years back) my order arrived within several days. However since then, with the rise of airsoft and the subsequent increase in retailers (such as AA) their service seems to have slipped substancially...or perhaps just pailed in quality compared to other companies. For example I was having trouble with my APS2 (hop up being funny), I took the gun down to AA who fixed it FOR FREE. Thats right...Free!! He stripped the gun, identified the problem and sorted it out. Thats what i call service!

The only reason i used to shop with AD was that they provided a warrenty, but now that AA do (although they increased there prices slightly to do so) I can see no reason not to shop with them most, if not all, of the time.

Matthais_31

Have you ever seen those signs in Detroit that say "Japanese cars are parked at owners risk"? With my social group, it's a similar tale with AD. I've been called a LIAR by AD staff in previous threads like this.

Well, if they do read this (and want to decry me again), know that about £2500 worth of our business has gone to WGC, DenTrin, Airsoft Armoury, Airsoft Scotland & ZeroOne since the f**k-fest we've endured over the phone & Internet because of poor service. Money talks, BS walks.

ive never had a problem with them ive ordered loads of stuff all arrivrd on time all compleate

i rand up orded a tag dump pouch and was told it was out of stock and would take a few weeks to come back in i said thats ok ill order one and wait as im not in a hurry, 4 days later i had a tag dump pouch at my door and was pleased with the service

I've used AD for quite a few of my purchases and I've always got what i've wanted but the delays have been horrible!

COP357, Ordered October, Delivered Jan 26th (they didnt charge for shipping though)

Tight Bore barrel ordered in feb, delivered yesterday.

I'm sure I'd be madder if what i'd ordered were essentials, but a can of gas and a inner barrel were hardly essential. Glad they changed their policy of not charging the card when the order was placed though. In the instance of the COP, it was only luck that i had money left on the credit card when they actually rung it through the till. I'd much rather pay, then wait, then carry on waiting, then get mad, than not pay till months later.

Still, Airsot Scotland and ZeroOne first port of call from now on.

Not only do they take ages to do ANYTHING, their prices are very poor, especially compared to AA. Why would anyone pay more for worse customer care?! If you read the FAQ on their site, it says that the prices are greater because of the "high standard of service". Its more than a joke really. Also, I bought a spring M16 from them and the stock snapped of (within the warrenty period) and their reply was "save up and buy a decent AEG". That isn't technical support! They then haven't replied to any more of my e-mails.

TORN

PS: Isn't it fun to rant a bit? Feel better now.

Well here we are, a week after I first ordered it.

I rang yesterday as I still hadn't heard from them. I was told once again that they still haven't heard anything from teh postal service, and that I would be called back later regardless of whether they had heard anythign or not. I was also told that I would have one sent yesterday which would arrive today. So far it hasn't arrived.

I should probably point out that thrughout the entire process thus far Airsoft Dynamics have been perfectly civil. However, I would rather have prompt delivery rather than civility.

Edit: I have just got off the phone with them. Apparently they tried to call my mobile last night. I was next to my mobile the entire time so whether that was a network problem or they didn't call me I don't know. Another barrel is being dispatched today special delivery to arrive tomorrow, and they are going to refund my postage.

I will let you all know if/when it comes.

Archived