JTG Vintorez Suppressed Sniper Rifle

Sonic Reducer

jtgvintorezeh9.th.jpg

From AirsoftNews.eu:

This one is out of the blue. I wasn't aware that replica of Vintorez is in the works- guess what, it is. Jack didn't include his web address:

Hi

I want inform that the Vintorez project is on the finish. I'm sending a poster. Photos of replica will be available in next week with the website. It will have GB v.3 380-400fps of power. We want to produce 20 pcs The price will be 650 EUR.

Wiki on the Vintorez:

The VSS (Russian: Винтовка Снайперская Специальная, Vintovka Snayperskaya Spetsialnaya or "special sniper rifle", also called the Vintorez ("thread cutter"), is a suppressed sniper rifle developed in the late 1980s by TsNIITochMash and manufactured by the Tula Arsenal. It is issued primarily to Spetsnaz units for undercover or clandestine operations, a role made evident by its ability to be stripped down for transport in a specially fitted briefcase.

personally, if i ever want to get a sniper rifle, i want this one. it goes double if they have the briefcase.

.:EDIT:. hmm, this is interesting, guess what caliber this rifle is?

from World.Guns.ru:

To achieve desired lethality against targets, protected with body armor, TSNIITochMash had to develop a new subsonic cartridge, based on the 7.62x39 case, necked out for 9mm bullet. The bullets used in new cartridges are long and heavy (about 16 gram), and of ball (SP-5) and AP (SP-6) type. The latter bullet features a hardened steel penetrator as the core, and can defeat most military issue body armors at ranges up to 300-400 meters.

this is a pretty interesting weapon on its own

Frankly, a wire frame sketch, a few arrows and some information isn't enough to get me excited.

Announcing this once they had the proper photos would have been much better imo.

I'm sure the russian kit fans will be hopping about in glee regardless though.

Agreed, but i would still like one myself so if this does come off maybe i'll be getting one.

i would be interested in a VSS, but im past the days of spending stupid money on airsoft, so i'll pass unless a mass produced one appears. i looekd into making one, a stick battery can be stored in the silencer, though the barrel is then offset from the middle, so not ideal. and this was how it was when working with an AK47 base.

going to the effort of making a specific VSS reciever, i doubt the designer will want to compromise on the silencer but not having the barrel in the centre of the silencer. so i dont know.

Darn shame it's going to be so expensive and such a limited run. The Vintorez really is my favorite of all the Russian weaponry and long have I wished for an airsoft version... but 650€ is just too expensive for me. My only hope for VSS goodness is that this turns out to be well made and a large airsoft company copies the design for mass production at a reasonable price point.

I won't be holding my breath on it though :rolleyes:

Archived