Three point sling

Holmes

Ok, don't give me the search nonsense because, well, it is nonsense. I spent about 2 hours last night looking through these forums for an answer on how to use my three point sling. I can get it on the front, but the back I have no idea how to do. If anyone could shread an ounce of knowledge on me that would be great. It is an ICS sling on an ICS MP5 SD5. Thank'ee much.

Right, to put a 3 point sling on a fixed stock MP5 you do the following:-

1) Clip one end of the sling (probably with some kind of hook/clip on it to the front sling point.

2) run the sling along the body of the gun.

3) push the free end of the sling through the rear sling loop.

4) bring the free end back toward the front of the gun.

5) attach the free end to a sliding buckle on the length of sling which runs between the front and rear sling points.

Other stuff you need to know:-

As you're doing step 2 you'll need to thread a sliding buckle onto the sling so it's in place when you come to slot the end through it in step 5

As you're doing step 4 you'll probably want to slip another buckle onto the end of the sling so you can use it later on, in step 5, for taking up any left-over length of sling and securing it.

If your sling sling has a crimped-on metal end then you'll probably find you can't get it through the rear sling loop. In this case use a screwdriver to slacken the sling loop enough to get the sling through. Try not to undo the screws completely. If you do then the backing-plate that the sling loop is bolted to will fall down inside the stock and can be a *badgeress* to reposition. Whip the butt off and stick your fingers inside to hold the backing plate as you loosen the screws.

Overall, the idea is to end up with a straight run of sling that goes all the was from front to rear on the gun and then a big loose length that goes from the rear back to a sliding buckle somewhere in the middle of the first length. It's the 2nd loop of sling that you stick your head through.

How on earth would an Armalite stock end up on an MP5? :P

Seriously, must admit, I was well-impressed when I got my 3 point sling for my M4. Think it was a CA one but it was a massive tangle of loops, elastic covers and plastic QD buckles. Fortunately, it was all ready to go and all I needed to do was attach it to the gun via a couple of very tight snap fasteners and then cover them with a sleeve. Job done.

Having said that, If I'd had a standard M4 stock I've got no idea how I would have attached the sling to the stock.

MP5 slings tend to be much more basic. Just a length of material with a clip at one end and a couple of metal buckles thrown in the bag. They tend to leave the buyer to figure out how to assemble it for themselves.

Archived