Vanaras: 40mm gas POM grenade

Sturaiku

Keith from Rsov sent in news about Vanaras replica of 40mm gas grenade. Debate here. BTW, 90 HKD is roughly 8 euros(!):

- 'Vanaras' 48 shots light weight POM 40mm gas grenade made of high strength and light weight material 'POM' and is durable enough to work with all kind of 40mm gas grenade launchers.

E.T.A. will be mid October 2008. MSRP HKD90 ea. (To Be Confirmed)

Source: http://www.airsoft-news.eu/news.php

POM material, upon using google, is a form of polymer. A plastic grenade? If it DOES perform well, that'd definitely help with grenade launcher usage. I won't feel bad about dropping them on the ground either at that price! :D

A very interesting material to store high pressured gas.

EDIT: I've heard of Vanaras from rsov.com, but I've never purchased any of their products. Anyone care to school me on their product quality track record?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

POM material is I belive a polymer material mixture of nylon. These stuff are very strong. It can take high holding pressure depends on compound mixture and thickness of the object. I have worked on penumatic setup and had hose barb made out of POM material, holding CO2 just fine without breaking or bursting. The barb had around 2~3mm thickness walls.

Oh My god.

I am SO buying lots of these.

For those in the UK, it works out at £6.40 ish at current exchange rates - working from the 8 euros, mind. CBA to do it from HDK :D

At about six quid a pop, I'm DEFINATELY going to get me some of these >:-3

Oh My god.

I am SO buying lots of these.

For those in the UK, it works out at £6.40 ish at current exchange rates - working from the 8 euros, mind. CBA to do it from HDK :D

At about six quid a pop, I'm DEFINATELY going to get me some of these >:-3

Add shipping on and they're not going to be much cheaper than the king arms grenades...

Oh, and add on the paypal currency conversion charge too ;)

I'm more interested in the fact that you wont worry about dropping these things while gaming. Paint a few orange and you can reload without having to put your old grenade back into a drop mag or it's pouch. Just drop and go!

I wonder what it's reset system would be though.

After just getting a 6 shooter, and my old m79 back, ill be picking up alot of these, if they review well that is.

I carried 13 of my 19 shells on sunday there, in a 40mm bandolier, was fine. But you dont wanna go dropping them in mud or anythin, Keeping them working is a pain enough as is.

Nice cheapo plastic shells will be great :D

Forget about a M203, How about a clone of the CAW Revolver Launcher for under 150 USD!!

+1000

EDIT:

I just talked with one of the guys from Vanaras about these grenade shells. They'll be sending me a sample soon to test. Look for a review in the upcoming weeks on my website.

VERY relevant to my interests!

mixed blessing i suppose, cheaper shells could also lead to an increase of moscarts used on the field. while i'd love to be able to afford a GL setup i can see this leading to more noobs/twats unloading shells into people point blank. i've seen it happen before, and god knows i've seen it plenty with regular AEGs, now imagine if these asshats all had a belt full of moscarts and itchy trigger fingers :(

still, enough with the doom and gloom. this will certainly be good for anyone with a GL rig or wanting to get one... especially if they take green without any hiccups

Plague, that was said about 249's and countless other stuff.

I dont think we will see any difference, You forget, these are still going to be a pain in the tits to load and gas, never mind to carry and store the empties!!

Takes a bit of dedication to load loads of moscarts every game, aswell as the constant maintanance that is required to keep em running.

Plague, that was said about 249's and countless other stuff.

I dont think we will see any difference, You forget, these are still going to be a pain in the tits to load and gas, never mind to carry and store the empties!!

Takes a bit of dedication to load loads of moscarts every game, aswell as the constant maintanance that is required to keep em running.

i suppose so. but at that kind of price i can almost see it happening. every man and his dog at my site has a 249 already (not that i mind that much, at the end of the day its just another AEG) and for about £5-6 a pop i can see everyone chucking a few of these on their next order for *suitcases* and giggles. its not like its a big investment after all. i just worry about twats storming over the sandbags and unloading 50 rounds point blank in your face, i've seen it happen with AEGs and i wouldnt put it past some people.

Archived