VFC: SR16 E3 IWS

transist

vfcicws3009qm2.jpg

Vega Force Company introduced SR 16 E3 IWS (Integrated Weapon System), which is dubbed as Epitome of Eugene Stoner's design magic. As our reader Petersu kindly pointed out, it is (from yesterday) available in Taiwanese store KIC BBGun, MSRP is 17.000 TWD (366.15 EUR).

From Airsoft-News.EU

FAAAG huh? I wonder if they're trying to say something.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey...

Add an EOTech replica and I'll have a good rifle to go with my future desert PMC kit (which is inspired by the corporate warriors in MGS4).

VFC's been getting better with their products. I just hope that this doesn't sell for a price higher than a VFC SCAR-L when it gets stateside. If it has reliable internals, I'm sold on this one.

As much as I love G&P, they've been recycling the same basic M4 receiver for so many years now. What VFC has done here by creating their own unique receiver and added features like the functional ambi-selector, ambi-mag catch and ambi-bolt release... well I'm sold. I must have one of these!

I'd be surprised if we saw a whole slew of AR variants from VFC. With this one announced, one can only hope the KAC PDW isn't far behind. :)

Love this, as 'USCMcorps' stated above, it's awesome to see a new style reciever with extra fun bits. G&P are a bit same old...

G&P do a shortie version. Do we think VFC will do a shortie? I cannot justify another standard length M4. But a shortie with Magpul parts and lipo batteries! hell yes!

Do we know when these are out? (sorry if i missed it somewhere)

If VFC do read this, make a Bushmaster ACR! (magpul Masada). Everyone already has an M4 of some kind.

The one on the G&P is ambi too.

Except the G&P ambi mag catches suck. They're unreliable and aren't strong enough to ensure that the mag is seated properly. I had several of the G&P ambi mag catches on my M4s. Switched them all back to the regular mag catch as the ambi wouldn't fully lock into the magazine making it very unreliable. I even tried shaving off some of the material at the top of the catch. That wasn't good enough. The spring pushing the left side hook back into the receiver simply wasn't strong enough to do the job.

The VFC ambi mag catch on the other hand is essentially the same as a regular mag catch except it has a more intelligently designed lever system to lift the catch out of rest. Much much better IMHO.

I can attest to both VFC awesome externals, and the mag catch design... I have the hurricane sr-15 iws body and it was the first to have that kind of ambi mag release (obviously copied from KAC). I've been using it for 6 or so months, so I think I'd be able to coment on its overal reliablitity over time. Ity works every time without fail, and most of my mags lock in place perfectly (for some reason I have trouble with these no name metal standards.... I think the metal got bent on them on the slot that catched the magazine catch is that makes sense).... Theres also a built up guard around it so you aren't constantly dumping mags when you rub the gun opn yourself whilst running, etc......

While the ambi selector switch is cool i can only imagine how much of a pain in the *albatross* its going to be to take apart.

I cannot stand the gear system on their Scar, its just plain annoying.

To the poster that asked about a short barreled version yes, im pretty sure VFC will offer that at some point since its pictured on their website.

I did the conversion yesterday and the price for this thing was something like 536 usd. Thats a bit much for a VFC replica, even one as cool as this. I really hope that when/if this rifle comes to the states the price will be reduced a bit. On top of that, when/if this rifle comes to the states i really hope they dont butcher the everloving hell out of the trademarks because it sure as heck wont have KAC trades.

VFC externals= +100

VFC internals= -100

Whats wrong with VFC internals? Their generation 1 416's had some switch related issues but other than that, not really that big of a deal. Would it be nice if they came with metal bushings? Sure but the simple fact of the matter is that at stock velocity levels, ie 350 fps, the nylon that they're using for their bushings is extremely stable and extremely well molded. Ive put 30K plus through numerous VFC guns without a problem. The only real shortcoming is that the last tooth on their pistons is made out of a material thats fairly brittle, it tends to crack after 15-20k rounds.

Awesome. It manages to be both unrealistic and unoriginal, all in one gun! KAC's website (and a quick Google search) would beg to disagree with whoever told VFC an "SR-16 E3" existed. (SR-16 yes, SR-15 E3 yes, SR-16 E3 no.) Can't wait to get a close-up of the super-über-realistic nonexistent trades.

Yah, k30 is right. They completely failed me on this one. I thought they were going to do a real SR15 E3 IWS, but instead they did some cop-out gun. They said they were going to do a SR15 E3 IWS, but now they are not? I am so confused and disappointed.

Real SR15 E3 IWS

new_sr1508b.jpg

VFC's Earlier Pictures

sr15_e3_iws.jpg

Maybe they will release the SR15 E3 IWS later, or maybe not. Either way the SR16... is lame.

Archived