BB shooting RC chopper

chas

And whoever pays £85-90 for one will be severely ###### when its taken down in a hail of plastic as soon as its spotted. :rolleyes:

Nice idea. But from my (VERY limited) experience with RC choppers and the like it would be exceedingly hard to aim at anthing smaller than the broadside of a barn.

Edit: Dammed experiance / experience thing. <_<

novelty item...

People already know its coming, and this thing as extremely short range...

unless someone makes a UAV with a sniper system on it or has twin vulcan cannons...in which case we need to steal a Fire Scout UAV...

I'll stick to recon with any sort of unmanned vehicle...although this could be useful in scaring people inside buildings, just deploy this thing at one of those Best of USA Lion Claws events and see how you can clear out buildings from windows with these...

Agree with RAF - if anyone attacked me with one I'd shoot it, sorry.

You'd have to be prepared for this to be disposable if you bought one and attempted to skirmish it. Would also be hilarious to see people trying to pilot them through corridors - they'll be bouncing off the walls and crashing!

Things to remember:

You would probably be able to hit it if it wasn't moving or only going slowly. Otherwise the maority of those shooting at it haven't got a hope in hell of hitting it it its flown fast - and before anyone tries to tell me any different, if it was that easy to hit a flying target then combat helicopters and aircraft would be shot down a lot more often than they are. And yes, this thing might only do 10 or 15 mph flat out but if you work out the scale of it and the scale speed then you'll get an idea of how hard to track and shoot this thing will be. If you have any doubts try asking anyone who has manned a triple A gun engaged in combat.

If anyone was stupid enough to use it in a building then it would get hosed very quickly - speed is life to any combat aircraft at low level - unless you're in an A10, of course. If it stays still it'll die. Outside, though, it could be a useful toy if it has the space to fly quickly - dead ground in anurban environment would probably be its best area of operations.

And as Azubi said, flying one of these things is much harder than it looks - I know, I've been flying model choppers for a few years, and they are the 'real' deal, not a massed produced toy.

You would probably be able to hit it if it wasn't moving or only going slowly. Otherwise the maority of those shooting at it haven't got a hope in hell of hitting it it its flown fast - and before anyone tries to tell me any different, if it was that easy to hit a flying target then combat helicopters and aircraft would be shot down a lot more often than they are. And yes, this thing might only do 10 or 15 mph flat out but if you work out the scale of it and the scale speed then you'll get an idea of how hard to track and shoot this thing will be. If you have any doubts try asking anyone who has manned a triple A gun engaged in combat.

Plus remember what we are shooting at it can be blown of target by a gnats fart.

Accurately piloting a remote control helicopter is alot harder than it looks.

Have you tried flying these dual rotor models? much like the Esky Lama, they are very stable in flight

Nothing like a proper R/C Helicopter though, Mine took years of practise and tweaking to fly right.

Have you tried flying these dual rotor models? much like the Esky Lama, they are very stable in flight

Nothing like a proper R/C Helicopter though, Mine took years of practise and tweaking to fly right.

I must admit, I haven't tried flying one of the duel rotor models. I still can't imagine it being easy to pilot down a corridor and into a room though, no matter how stable it is compared to a more traditional rc heli.

WONDERFUL.. Now put a handful of kids playing with these at a parking lot with cars and feed them with Glass bb`s :wacko:

Can`t find much use of these.. If they had camera they could be used for surveillance in a game... or have some helicopter with 4 rotors and gyro to use as an UAV.. Then I would see the use of it in some airsoft game..

But this.. This is just silly.

THIS: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-317475774895867382

Edit.. By the way.. inside an building you would never use a helicopter for a game.. Then you would use a track based remote controlled device.

Maybe I should have posted this in off-topic, as I didnt really view this as skirmishable at all. I dont think that that was the manufatirers intention either.

I think its just a fun toy that might interest airsofters, even if its not meant to be used in airsoft games.

right...

first, in the first vid, 0.39 onwards when its firing, it looks like its being held at the rear, as the camera doesnt pan to the tail rotor... not sure on this though.

second, flight time. alot of cheapy R/C helicopters like this can last around 10 minutes tops before a recharge.

third, how many rounds can it hold? not many is my guess, but this will be related to the second point - refill when recharging?

fourth, control range. again, im guessing it wont be far, if its like others in this price range.

fifth, fps. not too high im guessing, which will give p**s poor bb range - how close was it to the paper target?

the above is only guesswork, but im, err, guessing (again!) that its for novelty value only, and wont have any application to airsoft games imo.

its along the lines of bb firing tanks etc. may be fun for a bit, but cant be used in a game...

my thoughts anywho.

I know it wouldn't be sporting but it can be fitted with a camera which will transmit to a headset giving the viewer first person experience when flying.Imagine being in a bunker when this things flies in the back & lets loose.It doesn't have to be accurate as long as it has range.It could be used as a UAV as long as the owner expects it to get shot at{not good with the release of the new range of mini guns}

RT B)

Archived