New site opening in Hadlow (Kent) - near Tonbridge

Chrissyg

Hi all,

A new site is opening in Hadlow near Tonbridge on the 18th of October, run by the people who run Ultimate Wargames (Dean Allsop) in Limpsfield, Surrey. This new site is a 50 acre site with aims to have games that last half a day to a days play. As of now we have two landrovers and a ferret armoured car which are going to be integrated into the game play with plans of an APC of some kind in the near future. There are rentals availible on the 18th of October, and games will be run fortnightly.

Walk on price is £17.50 and burgers are available at lunch for £1.50, with soft drinks and snacks available all day. The postcode is TN11 OGJ!

The website is http://www.ultimatewargames.co.uk/UW_Tonbridge.html and the number to call to book is 07865 390842. Any further questions, PM me :)

Cheers for reading, hope to see some of you there!

Chrissy

We'll try and get some up :) At the moment we have (so far) constructed a big safe zone with a few shelters if the weather turns, we have a couple of bunkers, a "tree house" and a sniper lookout. We're hoping to play a convoy game with the vehicles, which would involve an ambush and rescuing a VIP in order to extract him from a certain point. Meanwhile the convoy have to hold/rescue the VIP. These games will aim to constantly roll throughout the day with a break in the middle of the day for lunch. As for site photos I'll have a hunt around for some :)

First thing I'd say is you've picked an annoying day for it as it's on the same weekend as my team's regular skirmish (CAGE Fort Amherst). On the other hand, we have been looking to play a few new sites and the vehicle integration sounds like fun.

The one thing I always ask when I hear about a new site in Kent, though, is- why is there still no good CQB experience outside of London? I mean, Amherst and Lydden (CAGE sites) are both semi-CQB, in that they have a couple of buildings, Shadow Opz used to be in a pretty cool power station but moved away after some rare bats were found living there or something (and honestly it was a health & safety nightmare anyway), and there's no real pure CQB experience about. I suppose it is to a certain extent self-perpetuating, in that a lot of Kent players are used to woodland skirmishes and not really up for getting very up close and personal, but my entire team love their CQB and I'm sure we can't be the only ones in Kent who do.

There are a couple of places fairly close to Kent that we can go- the Bunker in Epsom, and the place that used to be Fallout, for example- but neither is close enough for us to make it there on a regular basis, as most of the team don't drive.

So, yeah- gone off on a bit of a tangent there, for which I apologise, but I think it would be cool if there were more CQB sites as well as more woodland sites about.

I might try to get a few guys along to your second or third skirmish, but I think we already have plans laid out for the weekend of the 18th.

Archived