M821A1s Galore!

Dock trinE

First off we have one from JTG:

Jack the Gunsmith: Replica Barret .50BMG

We have make decision that We are starting taking orders For Barrett Rifle we have Full design completed.

We are taking 10 Orders for first serie.The Price is High But We need to modify our Workshop to make more rifles in shorter time.

The price is 850EUR + Shippment Cost. Time Of Realistaion 5-10 Weeks.All parts are cnc cuttet. Full steel construction. Dissasembly as real steel. Using M4-M16 AEG internals.

Then IGSK (Echo 1, SocomGear) posted their response:

Isgk.org: Barret trademark and licensing

Update from Impact Sports Game Kingdom, which comments recent announcement of replica Barret from JTG. Good news is that more licensed replicas are coming:

Gents,

Sorry to be rude.

We have to announce that we have Barrett Rifles' trademark and licensing.

We have to warn JTG (Jack the Gunsmith) that their products do NOT have legal licensing & trademark and will be enforced by us in many countries.

In the end of this year, we will release Barrett AEG REC 7 rifles (by www.ECHO1USA.com) and Barrett AEG M82A1 A2, A3 and CQB version (by www.SOCOMGEAR.com)(MSRP $600 USD).

The followings are some photos when we are doing real M82 measurement (Our external parts will be 100% same as real guns.)

Thanks.

Both look promising. But a $600 licensed M821A1? Sounds a bit too good to be true.

I think that's a pic of a work in-progress but they could have stated that in the pic.

Mind you I've never heard of JTG until just a few days ago. Not sure if I want a massive M82 but if I did I'd go with the cheaper more readily available one.

I hope either company doesn't go making them full auto with hi-cap mags - that'd be wrong, just so wrong.

M82 CQB??? are they having a laugh?

Take a look at Barrets official website. They do make a semi 50 with a shorter barrel, but it is heardly a CQB gun.

I would love the M82A2, which is bullpup, but I hardly see that happening.

On world.guns.ru there is a photo of a Barrett prototype. The XM500. It is an ultra short semi 50 in bullpup form. The M82A2 retained the long barrel, and the magazine was the shoulder stock.

Just for grins, I am going to wait for the echo1 version as well. I want to see the price.

On a side note- A while back A/C Custom airsoft mentioned a 20 pc run of the WA2000. I recieved a email this morning from JTG saying they have taken over production of the WA2000, and have reduced the run to 10 pieces. It will use a V3 gearbox, 6.03 tightbore. 700euro, which is too much for me with the expected RS Dragunov release coming. So basically they have 3 "custom" projects going.

Just for grins, I am going to wait for the echo1 version as well. I want to see the price.

The Echo1 is not the M82 but the REC 7, which is basically a gas piston operated 6.8 M4 with an arms rail system. Which for us means just another dressed up M4.

Link for REC 7

Without getting off topic I would skip a car payment or two if they came out with one of THESE. (Oh wait, I don't have a car payment :P ).

Also, me likes the A3.

Has anyone else noticed that the socomgear.com website is extremely similar to the MadbullAirsoft.com website? Plus SocomGear has some HSSGear listed, who's products up until now wear only available through MadbullAirsoft. I wonder if the work is really being outsourced to Madbull, and Madbull created a sister company, or is using a fake company name to produce the products. :huh:

Lol and they eject like Shells...

That...whould...be... AWESOME!

And not regular awesome.. AWESOME BEYOND BELIEF. If that'll ever happen, i swear to honest God i'd get a loan from the bank, no matter the price, and buy one.

LE: Oh.. and case them in shell casings to really make it kickass.

Doesnt matter anymore. JTG has put their Barrett on hold in favor of the WA2000, as I mentioned in an earlier post.

From airsoftnews.eu-

Jack the Gunsmith: AC2000 Jack the Gunsmith sent in new update. They took over Airsoft Customs project. Also, worth of note: they decided to put Barret project on hold:

We have full design of AC2000 Project since Airsoft Customs stop making airsoft guns. We decide to make the A/C2000 project

We have full external design but we modified internals.

Its spring powered but:

- We Are using modified GB v.3 Skeleton

- We are using standard AK steel hop-up chamber.

- We are using a 6,03 precission barrel

- 30 bb magazine.

To tune up You can use standard AEG parts.

The stock will have 380-400 Fps. External look is the same but we modified internals for easier tuning. We are taking only 10 orders

Regards

Jack

www.gunsmith.ovh.org

Not all of them is AEG. My M82 is AEG OR VSR based. You can convert back and forth anytime. Anyway I think I will make my version VSR only. Less compromise means it is easier and cheaper to manufacture. Also it is easy to convert a VSR gas cylinder to use outer HPA or CO2 rig. There are some guides about that on classical airsoft.

Anyway mine launched at 950 and while it draw some attention, the sales didn't realize. The M82 is a nitche market. Only fanatics buy it because it is not practical to skirmish. It is 1.5m and 9-10 kg. You can't maneuver with it, you can't hide with it and it doesn't shoot better than a regular AEG. A regular player will not buy it for 600 or even for 200. On the other hand, it is pure FUN.

That's the reason someone needs to make one that totally outperforms other airsoft guns. They should say sod the established rules, lets make it a monster. 8mm isn't practical, but then neither is an M82! Massive usage of CO2 bulbs isn't practical, but ditto. When someone finally throws the rule book away (like Barrett effectively did when they came up with the M82) then we'll finally have a great M82.

...That none of you will ever buy.

You'll all troll the forums, drooling over the pictures, discussing what loadouts to use with it, etc.

The manufacturer will release the internal specs and final prototype pictures, and you'll all be debating the proposed effective range, what weights of BB to use with it, how you're going to paint/camo it, what brand of ammo to get and where to buy it etc.

Then, the manufacturer will release the final price, and you'll all go;

"I'll wait for somebody to clone it for cheaper".

Then, when a clone of this design finally comes out, it'll be a rushed, unfinished, useless product, requiring much work to get it to shoot in a straight line. None of you will buy that either, and pretty soon, this will be discontinued, like all the good stuff on WGC Shop and other places.

That's how it normally goes, isn't it? :P

Ben.

I'm all for innovation! If someone find a way to create a propulsion system that

- Complies gun laws

- Complies to muzzle energy rules

- Use rounds that are as safe as current BBs (mass, material, shape)

- Outperforms the range of current AS guns (by 100-150m)

- Retains the accuracy even on extreme ranges (100-200m)

- Safe to use even for complete idiots

- Reproduceable for reasonable price

- Use rounds ready for mass production

You will have that system installed into my M82/M95 variant next month. There are size constraints of course, but if you can't fit a system into a massive M82 body, then that system is not fit for airsoft.

...That none of you will ever buy.

You'll all troll the forums, drooling over the pictures, discussing what loadouts to use with it, etc.

The manufacturer will release the internal specs and final prototype pictures, and you'll all be debating the proposed effective range, what weights of BB to use with it, how you're going to paint/camo it, what brand of ammo to get and where to buy it etc.

Then, the manufacturer will release the final price, and you'll all go;

"I'll wait for somebody to clone it for cheaper".

Then, when a clone of this design finally comes out, it'll be a rushed, unfinished, useless product, requiring much work to get it to shoot in a straight line. None of you will buy that either, and pretty soon, this will be discontinued, like all the good stuff on WGC Shop and other places.

Nail right on the head there!

Plus the few who actually buy it will rapidly realise that

~it's a *badgeress* to tote all day, weight-wise and ergonomically.

~a pain to actually manouvere through anything but the most flat open ground because it's as long as a garden fence post and catches on everything.

~when you do get it into a decent embedded position to 'snipe' then the guys toting the infinitely lighter/svelter VSRs and L98s have you zeroed AND outranged

~what you have is little more than a normal AK/M4/G3 with 20 extra needless pounds bolted to the outside, meaning your even slower in a firefight and owned twice before you drag the muzzle up to point.

~You end up toting it to the safezone to wow starry-eyed noobs....then leave it on the table all day while you actually play with something less awkward and heavy

;)

Archived