Play in the first IZSC (Internet Zombie Shooting Competition) - Open NOW until Oct 31st!

Sine Wave

Greetings, friends! I have been running this light-hearted competition at Airsoft Canada and figured "why should we hog all the fun?" :D And so in the spirit of Halloween...

The first International IZSC (Internet Zombie Shooting Competition) is NOW OPEN!

danger.jpg

From now until MIDNIGHT ON HALLOWEEN (Oct 31), if you have an Airsoft pistol and a computer and a printer, you can participate! You play by printing out some targets, shooting them at a specific range, and posting your results!

Time required: about 10-15 minutes

The Setting

Alone, cornered, and armed only with a pistol you are facing an oncoming wave of zombies!

You must kill them as quickly as possible so you can escape before MORE arrive! You will engage zombies at 100m, 75m, 50m, and 25m on specially-scaled targets. Your objective? Kill all zombies as quickly as possible to escape. Shoot too poorly, and you will die.

This game is intended to be shot with a pistol. You may use a rifle if you must and take a -50 point penalty (see end of post for scoring.)

The Game

You will shoot at specially-scaled targets which are mounted at a range of 2.5m (8 feet) away. They are sized to simulate targets appearing at various ranges.

There are (up to) 4 stages: 100m, 75m, 50m, and 25m.

For every zombie NOT KILLED on a stage, you face TWO zombies on the next stage. (The commotion and noise attracts more zombies.)

You win if at any time you have killed all zombies facing you. What do you win? Attention on the Internet!

How to Play

Link to a web-based 20 second countdown if you don't have a kitchen timer or something.

1. Begin by printing out the first stage (5 zombies at 100m). Hang it up 2.5m away from you.
  2. You have 10 rounds and 20 seconds (this is true for every stage). Shoot until out of ammo, or time is up.
  3. Check your hits. If the BB hole touches ANY part of the zombie's head - even just the edge - that's a hit. (We're counting whole-head hits, not just the brain.)
  4. For EACH zombie not killed in the stage, you will put up TWO zombies on the next stage (the next closer range.)
  5. Continue in this fashion with 10 shots and 20 seconds per stage until one of the following occurs:
    1. You have at any point killed all zombies facing you (you win!)
    2. At any point, you are facing more than 20 zombies (you are overwhelmed)
    3. Any zombies remain after shooting at 25m (you are overrun)

s1.jpgs2.jpgs3.jpgs4.jpg

How to Post Your Results

Post your results in the following format:

Stage 1 (100m) Zombies Faced/Killed

Stage 2 (75m) Zombies Faced/Killed

Stage 3 (50m) Zombies Faced/Killed

Stage 4 (25m) Zombies Faced/Killed

Did you ESCAPE or were you KILLED?

Post a digital Image of the last Stage you shot at.

FINAL SCORE: ____

How to calculate score: 100 - (unhit in stage 1) - (unhit in stage 2) - (unhit in stage 3) - (unhit in stage 4)

Add +1 bonus point if you post images of ALL your targets.

Add +1 bonus point if you post a picture of the gun you used.

Add +1 bonus point if you accompany your post with an MS Paint self-portrait of you fighting the zombies.

-50 Points for using a Rifle. (Added Oct 20)

I'll start with my results (you can use this as a model for posting your own):

selfportait.jpg

(+1 bonus point for MS Paint self-portrait)

I shot with a KJW Mk1. Beastly trigger pull on these bastards!

Stage 1 Zombies faced/killed: 5/2 (3 left alive)

Stage 2 Zombies faced/killed: 6/4 (2 left alive)

Stage 3 Zombies faced/killed: 4/3 (1 left alive)

Stage 4 Zombies faced/killed: 2/2 (Killed them all, and not a moment too soon!)

ESCAPED (killed all at stage 4)

Final score: 98

100-3-2-1-0 = 95 (plus 3 bonus points, one each for image of each target, image of gun, and MS Paint self-portrait)

result-s1.jpg

result-s2.jpg

result-s3.jpg

result-s4.jpg

(+1 bonus point for pictures of all targets - not just the last one.)

mk1.jpg

+1 Bonus point for picture of gun used. (The laser is non-visible IR, didn't use it. Not aligned well enough for precision shooting anyway.)

I think an MP7 would be fine as long as you shoot it pistol-style (i.e. without employing the shoulder stock). Otherwise the -50 for using a rifle would apply.

As for wheelguns, I guess you'd get extra bragging rights for using one but otherwise no change really. After all, 5 zombies in the first stage + 6 shots in a wheelgun = where's the problem? :P

I shot with a Maruzen Walther P99

Stage 1 Zombies faced/killed: 5/1 (4 left alive)

Stage 2 Zombies faced/killed: 8/5 (3 left alive)

Stage 3 Zombies faced/killed: 6/5 (1 left alive)

Stage 4 Zombies faced/killed: 2/2 (Killed them all)

Final score: 94

100-4-3-1-0 = 92 + 2 bonus pts = 94

P1020578.jpg

P1020588.jpg

P1020590.jpg

P1020581.jpg

P1020587.jpg

how many zombies do you face in the next stage if all the zombie in the current stage is killed? 0?

that's what i gather from the results posts. from the first result, 3 zombies were alive at the end of stage 1 and faced only 6 zombies in the 2nd stage. i thought it would add to the number of zombies that is to be faced in the next staged. i think there's a flaw in the rules set

Stage 2 Zombies faced/killed: 6/4 (2 left alive) i thought these 6 would be added to the 4 that is preprinted on the stage 2 paper, and not the total you face in this stage.

Stage 3 Zombies faced/killed: 4/3 (1 left alive)

Stage 4 Zombies faced/killed: 2/2 (Killed them all, and not a moment too soon!)

Final score: 98

how many zombies do you face in the next stage if all the zombie in the current stage is killed? 0?

You win if at any time you kill all the zombies you are facing. So yes - if you hit them all at the current stage the hypothetical next stage you will face zero ( 2 x surviving zombies = 0 ).

Stage 2 Zombies faced/killed: 6/4 (2 left alive) i thought these 6 would be added to the 4 that is preprinted on the stage 2 paper, and not the total you face in this stage.

from the first result, 3 zombies were alive at the end of stage 1 and faced only 6 zombies in the 2nd stage. i thought it would add to the number of zombies that is to be faced in the next staged. i think there's a flaw in the rules set

You print out and shoot at as many copies of a stage's target that you need to make up the required total. 2 left alive at the current stage means you face 4 at the next stage. 3 left alive means you will face 6, and so forth.

To put it another way, the actual number of zombies printed on the sheets (other than for stage one, which always starts with 5 zombies) is irrelevant. It's up to you to print out and overlap/fold/whatever enough copies to make up the correct total you need to face for the stage. (e.g. If there are 4 zombies on a sheet and you are supposed to face 6, overlap two sheets to "make" 6 visible.)

This seems to be a common misunderstanding - any suggestions on how to make it clearer? Maybe a better example would help?

Sorry if I missed it but how does the league guard against cheating?

You didn't miss anything. It relies upon the honor system (something hopefully not entirely alien to Airsoft shooters).

Assuming a player has no problem with cheating, then only the fact that there is nothing at stake and nothing to be won stands against it. (i.e. There is really no "payoff" for cheating.)

Sorry if I missed it but how does the league guard against cheating?

You don't get anything by cheating, it's not like your gonna get a prize for being in the top 3. It's just for fun, and for showing off leet zombie killing skills.

btw i'm in 2nd place since no one else has entered

I think that the point system might need minor revamping, but other than that I love this! What an excellent idea! You will be seeing my submission later today or tomorrow.

As far as the point system goes, a lot of people are going to be getting identical scores. I think shots fired should be counted in point totals, though I don't really know how. Unused BBs could be extra points? Or you could be docked a point for every shot fired, and rewarded a point for every positive zombie kill?

are we supposed to do this inside? because if we are then isn't the green gas or whatever you use bad to inhale?

It doesnt matter where you shoot.

Personally I do shoot my gas guns in my basement with propane. It smells but it hasnt made me sick or anything ever.

I try to use duster gas indoors, or the CO2 magazine my other gun's lucky enough to have.

As for gun type, you can shoot whatever you like as long as you share your results!

So go ahead and try your shotgun as long as you show us how it worked out. :gun:

Archived