More WA M4 stuffs

BrooklynBorn

Two more rifles that will gather dust on the shelf of any retailer too stupid to realise that these are not quite what they should be.

When will WA stop trying to rape peoples pockets and finally do the job they should have done on the first hit?

I'll take "Never" for 5 points, Bob.... :P

It took, what, 4 iterations before WA got their 1911 HOP unit to actually adjust in a linear fashion then what do they do?

Fix it for 0.2g BBs like TM had been doing in their Tacmasters for 10 years and had the gall to call it 'SCW 3' and claim it as some awesome development....

The whole M4 WA thing is a complete waste of time, not only is it an Armalite and a GBB, but they just don't get it and keep releasing more of the stupid things.

'FireKnife'

Releasing an M4 was a smart move on their part and always has been for the following reasons:

1. common and popular rifle (as proven by both the real steel and the airsoft markets)

2. trillions of variants (just like their 1911's) which translates to a long term cost effective and continuous product line (for them)

3. The M4 "GBB" shows that they were listening to consumer demand and noticed the clear gap in the market.

4. Because of the above they have no competition at the moment with this product.

Yes, they are over priced and yes they do have their faults but they are selling and the aftermarket parts are flowing thick and fast which means that people are obviously buying these products.

If they do other gun models I would guess that an AK is next, for the same reasons.

As for it being a GBB, I don't see how that's a bad thing at all. Its as close to real simulation you can get and adds a whole different feeling to the experience that an AEG just cannot deliver. Sure it might not be an all year round gun but thats the players choice.....other wise who would bother with GBB pistols at all?... but we all have them.

It was a gutsy and expensive move to produce a GBB rifle of any kind but I think it would have been a stupid move to go with anything other than an amalite or AK. Sure a G36 or TAV 21 would be have been nice but there are not as many variants available and the m16/m4 has over forty years of history attached which means loads more variants to produce.

Plus, everybody knows that WA like to get the most out of their models. They only really have about 7 distinct pistol models but they have over 100 different pistols for sale.

More companies need to take new directions like WA, instead of coming out with the same tired products.

That being said, they seriously need to drop the prices as they are soooooooo over priced that its laughable.....but not when compared to systema's prices (top of the line or not, they still aren't real)

I'm not having a dig, I just really support this product line as its what I've always wanted from airsoft...that and a decent shotgun (tanaka).

Two more rifles that will gather dust on the shelf of any retailer too stupid to realise that these are not quite what they should be.

When will WA stop trying to rape peoples pockets and finally do the job they should have done on the first hit?

The whole M4 WA thing is a complete waste of time, not only is it an Armalite and a GBB, but they just don't get it and keep releasing more of the stupid things.

'FireKnife'

Have either one of you used one at all? They are pretty remarkable, and certainly more fun to play with than an AEG. I prefer mine way over any AEG I have ever used, by far. This isn't to say it is skirmishable out of the box, but most people upgrade their AEG's before they really use them, too.

Have either one of you used one at all? They are pretty remarkable, and certainly more fun to play with than an AEG. I prefer mine way over any AEG I have ever used, by far. This isn't to say it is skirmishable out of the box, but most people upgrade their AEG's before they really use them, too.

Fired the WA a few times, and have owned one. Don't get me wrong, the concept is nice, and I see no reason, other than the whole GAS in cold temperature issue, for this not to be an awesome platform.

My issue with the rifle, is the overal quality, and the materials used on the internals, the costs of the mags, and the reliability of the rifle coupled with performance. Now these are all issues that can be solved by the end user, either with some good engineering or with the use of after-market parts.....as has been documented on the WA user thread.....however, I'm of the thought, that a rifle should be upgraded through user choice, not because the user HAS to in order to get the rifle to function properly.

I'm one who loves to tinker with toys and make it work better. I'm kind of glad WA gbb rifles are the price/way it is because then i won't be surrounded by people who can only afford chinese clones and bash companies like marui. Or those who grumble about not wanting to spend more than $500 on a gun unless it's perfect. When marui releases their SOPMOD, people (especially kids who can't afford it) will grumble and whine about how expensive it is, how it's only shooting at only 300fps, or how low rate of fire it has. Rather than saying what it can't do or doesn't have, why not point out what it CAN do and take a step back to see what companies like Western Arms or Marui has GIVEN us. We demanded, they provided, we enhanced. Simple as that. I've been airsofting since 1998 and NEVER have i seen anything as cool as the western arms m4. Sure, you have to do several mods to it to be reliable, but to me making a gun perform better than how it was when i bought it makes me feel like a true airsoft hobbyist, and that's what separates me and my airsoft buddies (local and worldwide)...from "them".

Exactly, it is the only gas in mag M4 GBB that I know of with a bolt stop

Only full size bolt GBB gas in mag M4

Cheapest full size bolt GBB M4

First on Market for this idea (a bit like how the Xbox 360 made a few million sales before the wii and PS3 came out but on a smaller scale)

It's WA, their known for their quality

High FPS when stock at around 380fps on green and 290 on 134a at 15C-ish

Those are some of the things which makes the WA a good contender, we have no idea how long the guns with CO2 mags are going to last, they may last longer than the WA or shorter than it. But you can't argue against the fact that in cold weather there is a good chance of your mag venting. hence why Marui released their SOPMOD, so there would be an alternative for winter use, sure it's probably going to be as lot for the four months you use it for but it's better than wasting gas and having Leaky mags. Though I'd love to see some kid doing a suicide run with a TM SOPMOD with the 430rd mag and then the bolt catch goes on.

who the f buys a stubby killer.

Well, don't be so sure yet. There is a big world out there.

More choices are better than fewer.

Everyone has different taste about ARs.

Worldwide, there'll be enough sales generated for WA even if it'll not as popular as the M4A1.

I won't be surprise next week we will see several manufacturers announcing different stubby front end for it.

I'm one who loves to tinker with toys and make it work better. I'm kind of glad WA gbb rifles are the price/way it is because then i won't be surrounded by people who can only afford chinese clones and bash companies like marui. Or those who grumble about not wanting to spend more than $500 on a gun unless it's perfect. When marui releases their SOPMOD, people (especially kids who can't afford it) will grumble and whine about how expensive it is, how it's only shooting at only 300fps, or how low rate of fire it has. Rather than saying what it can't do or doesn't have, why not point out what it CAN do and take a step back to see what companies like Western Arms or Marui has GIVEN us. We demanded, they provided, we enhanced. Simple as that. I've been airsofting since 1998 and NEVER have i seen anything as cool as the western arms m4. Sure, you have to do several mods to it to be reliable, but to me making a gun perform better than how it was when i bought it makes me feel like a true airsoft hobbyist, and that's what separates me and my airsoft buddies (local and worldwide)...from "them".

I don't know, this attitude kind of confuses me. Perhaps this is why the airsoft industry is the way it is, because they know they can produce a pile of do-do, and the customer simply pats himself, and others, on the back when they fix it at their own cost....and pay through the nose to do so.

I work in the automotive industry, and believe me most automotive companies would kill to have customers like you guys, no warrenty claims, no recalls....hell who cares if the engine management system doesn't work, Joe Bloggs will fix it himself.......

Enhancing a rifle beyond its design intent, or "improving" on the standard unit is one thing, and should be carried out by choice by the customer....having to fix leaky seals striaght out of the box, and or parts breaking after two or three mags, and having to replace parts so that you can continue to use your rifle, is simply not acceptible.

To those who wish to endorse this kind of dubious sales moral, well...good luck, its your money. However, to suggest that it makes airsoft a "better place"? Sorry, I have to disagree.

I don't know, this attitude kind of confuses me. Perhaps this is why the airsoft industry is the way it is, because they know they can produce a pile of do-do, and the customer simply pats himself, and others, on the back when they fix it at their own cost....and pay through the nose to do so.

I work in the automotive industry, and believe me most automotive companies would kill to have customers like you guys, no warrenty claims, no recalls....hell who cares if the engine management system doesn't work, Joe Bloggs will fix it himself.......

Enhancing a rifle beyond its design intent, or "improving" on the standard unit is one thing, and should be carried out by choice by the customer....having to fix leaky seals striaght out of the box, and or parts breaking after two or three mags, and having to replace parts so that you can continue to use your rifle, is simply not acceptible.

To those who wish to endorse this kind of dubious sales moral, well...good luck, its your money. However, to suggest that it makes airsoft a "better place"? Sorry, I have to disagree.

When you now compare this to cars.. How much warranty would you have if you run an ordinary car on racing fuel?

Also.. how many cars have a problem free first production run with no child diseases ?

Most people here that own the WA M4 gbb turned to Green gas right away. I think I read one post only from someone said he had no issue with leaking mags and everything worked. And he did run on ordinary low pressure gas.

What WA have is something for the Japan market with low fps. So off course when people want 400fps and running on propane/green they would have to upgrade.

There is also some small improvements from WA.. With the bullseye hopup/barrel setup. This is also on the new M4 with no markings since WA see that people want to upgrade with metal body anyway and make some cheaper model for us with improved parts..

So I say.. GOOD GOING WA.. They did something awesome for the airsoft people. I have been waiting for this for ages.

I don't know anyone buying a 100hp car expecting it to go 150mph+.

Same as in airsoft, use it for what is was made. A stock TM is not made to use a 12v 4000mah battery.

And let's be fair the things breaking down the most are still ACM's. It's nice to shoot 350fps out of the box, hé?

(but I have some of them, not my primary, more for third or fourth option, the first one never breaks down :D )

I am very curious about that stubby killer actually. Looks very interesting for CQB.

Since someone's comparing this to cars...my car was stock for 3 years. While my group of friends were adding on exhaust/intake/sounds/suspension I just left it as is because it's fine the way it was. After the 3 years of having it though, my tinkering bug bit me and i felt like doing something. BUT, I wanted to try something different. So, I went straight out and spent $4000 on a turbo kit. I was no car person, in fact I did my own research on how a damn engine worked to begin with and me and my friends installed the kit on our own. Why am I even saying any of this? Because there's lots of companies that make tons of different cars, but not all of them are perfect from the factory. When used the way it was intended to most of the time it works. Once people start racing with them...things break. My local friends who airsoft are also car enthusiasts as well and we all have different cars. This world is full of people who like to be different because we ARE all different. Because of this difference in personality and likes, industries that make custom and upgraded parts are in business today. Yes...I have a great job and money which is the reason why I can afford to do things like this ;) There are those who think I'm crazy/stupid for buying the things I've bought, but I also share the information with those who have questions about what I've bought. Not only do I like to tinker, but helping others is something else i like to do. :D I'm also in the IT industry (not retail) so i'm always fixing things and tinkering with computers...but that's another story and another forum.

Fired the WA a few times, and have owned one. Don't get me wrong, the concept is nice, and I see no reason, other than the whole GAS in cold temperature issue, for this not to be an awesome platform.

My issue with the rifle, is the overal quality, and the materials used on the internals, the costs of the mags, and the reliability of the rifle coupled with performance. Now these are all issues that can be solved by the end user, either with some good engineering or with the use of after-market parts.....as has been documented on the WA user thread.....however, I'm of the thought, that a rifle should be upgraded through user choice, not because the user HAS to in order to get the rifle to function properly.

Frankly, this is the core of the argument against WA in general. I've owned several of their products but never had one out of the box that was anything more than a starting point. While that can be said of many products, especially in the past, we're more and more getting to see products that are hot stuff right off the mark. VFC is a prime example. It's just that WA products seem to require so many expensive and proprietary parts to get things to the place where WA knows they should have been.

Hopefully we're getting beyond that. Now I'm not saying we're there yet. That day be marked by easily tuneable, metal, trade-marked and licensed gas blowback pistols that show up at the shops in your country's legally allowed configuration.

Its funny how a $300 Dewalt drill can last over 10 years of heavy abuse yet a 500 dollar airsoft gun cant last a few mags....tools also come with warranties.

It is funny how you make this comparison. DeWalt makes tools. Western Arms makes airsoft guns. They are completely different markets. You cannot really compare the two in the slightest. Does your AEG last 10 years of heavy abuse without needing maintenance? No, it does not. It will need a new spring eventually, along with other replacement components.

The fact is that you need to modify the Western Arms to get it to a skirmishable level. I happen to have a completely stock WA M4 that is third hand, has around 5,000 BBs through it, and still performs fine. The bolt catch is disabled, but that is it. It could be more durable out of the box, but so could ANY airsoft gun. I wish they were all made to MilSpec, but they are toys.

They break because just about every AEG is a glorified piece of ###### built from the shoddiest materials available for the lowest price possible. Oh sure, dress it up with CNC'd rails, proper trademarks and so forth all you like, but the bottom line that most airsofters miss is that the heart of the thing, the mechbox, is a pile of shyte.

Now, when you use the same materials as those found in virtually every AEG (with its relatively few moving/reciprocating parts - and even those are light weight and small)) in a model of a real firearm's firing system, it's becomes apparent immediately that the monkey metal used by manufacturers is barely up to the task of a whirring AEG, let alone a BAMBAMBAMBAM full auto replica with a bolt carrier, functioning sears and mechanical bolt stops clattering around.

Well Built, Cheap, Durable. Pick two.

Archived