King Arms M7A1 in Stock at WGC

t_hum

King Arms said they were limited to 500 pieces. Im sure each retailer that carries it will have a limited amount on stock. Who knows how many that is though. Could be 20, could be 400. Not many retailers carry the KA M4 line due to trademark issues so my guess is that WGC has a fair supply.

You cant see it in the pic but the balancer unit plugs into the battery's balancing plug. Its on the non-visible side. The tamiya on the lipo itself plugs into the gun but never into the charger.

Ah yes, its hidden under WGC's watermark. Surely having a balance charger would be a better idea though?

Absolutely. Lipo's are much more sensitive to being properly charged than a NiMH or NiCD. A good balancing lipo charger is a must. Definitely worth the money to get a good charger. With lipo tech becoming popular in the RC world lots of hobby places carry a wide variety of quality chargers. Itll be interesting to see what the C rating is on this pack. And, its 11.1V. KA must have faith in their gearset.

EDIT: I just took another look and although its blurry looks like the pack says 15C. Not too super. Still, useable.

The cover on the back of the buffer tube comes off and the battery slides in. The battery space is small and so lipo batteries are the only option on this gun. It comes with a lipo but there are a lot of different lipo batteries that could potentially fit. Both 7.4 and 11.1v lipo batteries fit of different capacities. A 11.1V 1100mah battery comes standard.

Have the M7a1 yet t_hum? Someone in my area brought one to the game yesterday and had bad experience about the internals thus far.

Yeah, that was Cameron's gun. Hop bucking was trash, piston was trash, motor was trash and the piston head/cylinder had NO compression.I put in a Guarder polycarb piston, Guarder piston head w/ new O-Ring, Guarder 50% hop bucking, Systema Magnum motor and wired in a mosfet with active breaking. The gun now is a BEAST!! Compression is Perfect, ROF is INSANE, Hop is accurate...The gun is BAD.

The gearbox itself was solid and shimmed perfectly. I also love how the hop unit has o-rings where it contacts the gearbox and magazine. Very smart. The AEG externals are SOLID AS A TANK!! Very stout. No wobbles what so ever.

The M7A1 is a great BASE. If you get the internals worked it is a performer. I would not however play with it unmodified.

Hope this helps someone.

Yeah, that was Cameron's gun. Hop bucking was trash, piston was trash, motor was trash and the piston head/cylinder had NO compression.I put in a Guarder polycarb piston, Guarder piston head w/ new O-Ring, Guarder 50% hop bucking, Systema Magnum motor and wired in a mosfet with active breaking. The gun now is a BEAST!! Compression is Perfect, ROF is INSANE, Hop is accurate...The gun is BAD.

The gearbox itself was solid and shimmed perfectly. I also love how the hop unit has o-rings where it contacts the gearbox and magazine. Very smart. The AEG externals are SOLID AS A TANK!! Very stout. No wobbles what so ever.

The M7A1 is a great BASE. If you get the internals worked it is a performer. I would not however play with it unmodified.

Hope this helps someone.

Sweet! Now someone sell me a stock one, even without a gearbox, I have a plan for one and it involves a regulator and co2 tank.

Hope this helps someone.

$500+ for a base gun is a little disappointing. Especially when it comes with a 11.1v lipo you would think the internals would hold up longer. Hopefully your friend got a lemon.

Definitely not what I expected from KA. I guess im most surprised because essentially this gearbox is the exact same box they use in all their AR line of guns. Im inclined to believe this is a rare case and the gun is just a lemon. BUT, if is indeed as bad as it sounds then people should be aware when buying a King Arms product. Im going to do a very in depth review as soon as I get mine.

Definitely not what I expected from KA. I guess im most surprised because essentially this gearbox is the exact same box they use in all their AR line of guns. Im inclined to believe this is a rare case and the gun is just a lemon. BUT, if is indeed as bad as it sounds then people should be aware when buying a King Arms product. Im going to do a very in depth review as soon as I get mine.

That would be great if you did a review! I really like this gun, and almost pre-ordered one. But looks like they've sold out everywhere now. Just a little shocked to read that the internals had issues, I'm expecting this is be a solid gun and a little shocked about the above post as well.

That would be great if you did a review! I really like this gun, and almost pre-ordered one. But looks like they've sold out everywhere now. Just a little shocked to read that the internals had issues, I'm expecting this is be a solid gun and a little shocked about the above post as well.

Ill be doing a review for sure. In depth. Nuts and bolts. Ill be tearing it apart anyways as Im going to ditch the Noveske and put a M4 length barrel with an Vltor compensator. Not true to the RS M7A1 but basically the KA was exactly what I wanted to build minus the short barrel and Noveske.

As far as finding one, youre right. Almost all retailers have sold them all. I found some here:

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=3894

as well as some at Den Trinity

http://www.dentrinityshop.com/pr_list.jsp?...pg=1&rpp=10

Ive never done business with either of them.

So you could do some looking for their reputation if you really wanted to buy one.

The fact that these have sold out in basically two weeks tells me that it has been profitable for KA. I wouldnt be too shocked if they did another run sometime in the future with a small change to some part.

Archived