LA Gunshop: Ares PGM and M200

Crimson

Don’t know if this classifies as new news, but its an update on the new snipers from Ares, the old thread was specific to the DSR1. (my thread months back which included all 3 was closed :( )

Ares appears to have cut Star as a middleman and nowadays offers replicas under their own name. Their latest batch of sniper replicas (DSR-1 is already available) appears to be quite good and two members of said families are available for preorder in Japan. Data are still bit sketchy and nobody will be ordering this replicas from Japan, but LA Gunshop's announcement is still valuable as rough answer to questions what, when and how much. With thanks to LA Gunshop.

- Ares PGM Hecate (top) will be available late November (174,930 Yen, 1,362.26 EUR). Length: about 1010 - 1220mm, weight 6800g, magazine capacity 23 BBs.

- M200 will be available mid-November (219,030 Yen, 1,705.69 EUR). Length: about 1200 ~ 1410mm, weight: 8640g, magazine capacity TBA.

PGM= £1,102.48

M200= £1,380.47

Better Start Saving ;)

lagunshop_hecate_0611.jpg

Source:Airsoft News EU

http://airsoft-news.eu/news.php

Bizarre. It looks like it much more workmanship has to be involved in the making of a DSR-1 than either of these rifles. It's just more complex! At least, the DSR-1 appears more complex to make.

Even if I'm wrong, I don't think any manufacturing differences could justify that drastic of a price hike.

Didn't gunners or airsoftglobal or somebody have these on preorder already for much less?

I was just on Airsoft Globals site ordering somethig else. I looked at their sniper listings though. The 500 or so listed there is the pre order price. In fine print underneath it says "preorder only, not final price". For whatever reason these have always been advertised at a higher price. Gunner mentioned only 200 units of each. I dont know if this is still true though. Doesnt matter. I have my DSR-1 already, so I dont need one of these. :)

Ok, a production gun more expensive than a ptw so ares wins that prize at least.

Damn that cheytac is expensive. I'm guessing the only reason why it's so high is because gunner is claiming there's only going to be 200 which will hype it up so people will buy it quicker. But they could make more or it could be a max of 200 per shop since so many people want one.

Nice beasts, but they look too unwieldy, unergonomic for anything, but bipod/supported use... DSR wins by TKO.

Look carefully you can see the bi pods on both models, yeh i agree it looks like you can snap it from the grip and stock

I don't think they will priced these stuffs like this. It's look silly for me, I own Both AW338 and DSR-1. I agree with Bareknuckle that the both of these rifle are less complex than DSR-1. I've disassembled both of my own I think AW338 is not as complex as Dsr-1 and in my opinion I don't think the PGM Hecate should be more expensive than AW338 Because they are also use same system and looked familia to each other. For about these two of mine the OEM scopes are both suck!

I don't know if Ares they now sell AW338 as their gun and without scope MRSP (gunner) only 438 USD , I don't think they will suicide by pricing PGM for about 1,362.26 EUR or about 1,757.79 USD DAMN!!!!

My friend who has bougth these two rifles for me said that he had told from the dealer of Ares about 2 weeks ago that M200 will be priced around 1000-1200 USD. I don't know what happened but I am quite sure about what he had told me.

Just in my opinion and sorry for my English or if I am too rude but I can't stand about this price. I can afford but for about these price... I won't

A review of the ARES on You Tube, unfortunately it doesn't fair to well.

Click here.

Just got done watching their review.

It's really unfortunate that they encountered that many problems with their DSR-1. :( Personally, with my own DSR-1 I have not encountered a single one of the problems they had with theirs. Furthermore, I know my friend who bought a MOQ batch from STAR directly (one of which went to me)... none of the others in the batch of 12 that were bought exhibited these problems. The only problems I encountered with mine were (1) the rubber butt pad wasn't locked down properly and had to be disassembled and tightened down (which took no more than 2 minutes from start to finish and remedied the problem), and (2) the spare mag wouldn't hold any gas (faulty valve I think). The spare mag issue has still yet to be resolved, but other than that, it shoots better than what was reviewed in the video, with a higher fps, and is holding together very nicely (no paint chips yet either).

I've always liked the AATV reviews and I think they've been good about giving unbiased reviews (including the DSR-1 review). I'm just wondering if they got a particularly bad lemon. If that were the case, I still can't fault AATV because they based their review on what they were given which is really all one can do when reviewing a product. But for AATV's one negative review, I've heard reports back from the other 12 owners from my batch of DSR-1s and they all had relatively positive reviews (although there was the occassional slip in QC... just nothing as major as what AATV reported).

That sucks for STAR/ARES though. AATV gets a good amount of exposure and that doesn't help STAR's/ARES' reputation when it comes to this rifle. Hopefully this will remind STAR to put a little extra effort into their QC... but I doubt they'll bother.

Regardless, I'm still glad AATV took the time to report their findings. Perhaps in the months to come I'll find out that my DSR-1 and the other 11 rifles in the batch were the anomaly, and the AATV review is actually the norm! :o That would really be unfortunate if true. :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived