G3 SAS any one?

Warning

It's similar to a real steel gun which i think was called the G3 pip.. although not too sure about that though. It was a G3 with a MP5K style front end. It was more a flame thrower than gun (nomex gloves were a must). I'll see if i can find the youtube footage of the gun i think the G3SAS was based on.

EDIT: HK51K is the one that TM might have based the SAS on. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=NHPDOiO7cmc

EDIT: Here is a better one that shows the profile of the gun: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ukNCXlZD4

LIke the TM Spetz this is a made up gun. It couldn't exist in the real world as it isn't long enough to house the mech. They designed it so softers could get a G3 Hi Cap in a gun the size of a MP5.

It did exist in the form of the modified HK51 with MP5 front end as the youtube clips show.

So, can one mount a MP5K frontgrip onto this? Cuz, the one supplied with it looks kinda silly.

the fore grip looks like that because the original TM one had its battery in there, i should think that a MP5K foregrip would fit on altho i can't be sure since i don't have one

LIke the TM Spetz this is a made up gun. It couldn't exist in the real world as it isn't long enough to house the mech. They designed it so softers could get a G3 Hi Cap in a gun the size of a MP5.

Yes, but at least the Spets is technically possible, and there are plenty of similar custom shorty AKs in existence.

The G3 SAS is just nonsense, from a technical point of view. The travel distance of the charging handle is far from long enough to load the full length of a 7.62mm round. If the gun had a modified charging mechanism (like the real HK51Ks have), it would be a different matter entirely.

Does it really matter? Many a speedballer will probably think not. ^_^

I WILL be getting one or two of these, modifying them to take 9mm straight mags and blunting off the front for my brother. He has been waiting for this for a long time. He loves G3s and wanted a 9mm mod for me to do on it to take either uzi or mac, or some other 9mm mag. This looks to be the winner.

Thanks for the news!

I WILL be getting one or two of these, modifying them to take 9mm straight mags and blunting off the front for my brother. He has been waiting for this for a long time. He loves G3s and wanted a 9mm mod for me to do on it to take either uzi or mac, or some other 9mm mag. This looks to be the winner.

Thanks for the news!

Taking this platform (an unrealistically short G3, giving the benefit of the huge G3 mags in a small package) and modding it to take weedy 9mm mags?

WHA?? :P

I'm almost afraid to suggest it, but wouldn't it be easier to just get an MP5?

Anyway, how can a G3 lover love this gun? I'm a G3 lover, and I see the G3 SAS as an abomination. :P

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I personally LOVE the front of the G3SAS, but the portability of the MP5. I took the SAS front end and actually DID make myself x2 MP5-SAS PDWs based off of that front end. I dual wield them. (Not very accurately mind you, but I do. ;D) Not milsim, but then again it is as close as I am going to get to an HK-SMGII in airsoft form.

Here in the states we have this tendency to love ANY gun. He saw an MC51 what was heavily modded to fire 9mm and loved it. He wants it. This is different from that, but it makes sense enough that he appreciates it. America has a history of taking larger nastier guns and taming them down and vice-versa by taking smaller guns and beefing them up. ARs running 9mm mags and .22s shooting armor piercing rounds. We do that whacky nonsensical guerilla mods here all the time. No reason. We just do. I can assure you that this will sell for those that want a "futuristic" cqb loadout or just someone that wants a nasty looking snub.

My brother is odd in that he has NEVER seen a G3 that he didn't want. Then again the same hold true for him and monster trucks, so take that as you will. ^____^

Archived