RSOV in dollars

charlieboy69

I just got "ripped off" by RSOV due to this.

I placed an order for a total (including shipping) of $250-odd.

When I came to pay, using their spliced-in Paypal shopping cart, it only gave me the option to pay the 250 in £ sterling.

Now, when you send money normally (like if you place an order with WGC, for example, you get to pick the currency but you DO NOT get that opportunity with the RSOV shopping cart.

As a result, it seems like my only course was to pay them £250 and then send them an email asking for an £80 refund.

Not very happy with that set-up. :angry:

sorry Stealthbomber, my comment was directed at the OP. Not at you.

If you put RSOV into dollarz then you can pay $250, rather than 250 of our wonderful sterling.

maby, just a option....

not trying to wiggle my way out of danger here...

*runs*

sorry Stealthbomber, my comment was directed at the OP. Not at you.

I thought so but, regardless, there's no need to be nasty to the OP.

If you put RSOV into dollarz then you can pay $250, rather than 250 of our wonderful sterling.

maby, just a option....

Thing is (and that's what actually makes this thread worthwhile) I knew the shopping cart was in $US and, when I came to pay via paypal I was expecting the total to be in $US as well but it wasn't.

It just asked me to pay £250 Sterling.

I couldn't see any way to alter the currecy so all I could do was pay it and ask for a refund on the overpay.

I dunno. Maybe there IS something you can click to alter the paypal currency but, from what I recall, the RSOV/Paypal shopping cart just shows a normal paypal invoice screen with a "Pay now" button at the bottom.

I didn't see any options allowing me to swap currencies.

I just got "ripped off" by RSOV due to this.

I placed an order for a total (including shipping) of $250-odd.

When I came to pay, using their spliced-in Paypal shopping cart, it only gave me the option to pay the 250 in £ sterling.

Now, when you send money normally (like if you place an order with WGC, for example, you get to pick the currency but you DO NOT get that opportunity with the RSOV shopping cart.

As a result, it seems like my only course was to pay them £250 and then send them an email asking for an £80 refund.

Not very happy with that set-up. :angry:

Dear buddies

Thanks a lot for your message and we are very sorry causing the troubles and inconveniences.

We have changed our store primary currency from GBP to USD from yesterday November 10, 2008 due to the fluctuations of GBP in these months and we had received complaints from our dealers saying we were under-priced our products.

However due to some technical problems between our shopping cart system and paypal currency conversion the final balance of some orders were wrongly calculated. We have fixed the problem with paypal this morning and an email will be sent to the affected buyers in 24 hours and partial refund / cancellation of order will be provided.

We would like to take this opportunity to say thanks again to all your support of RSOV.com and we apologies for the troubles in this matter.

Yours

keith

Dear buddies

Thanks a lot for your message and we are very sorry causing the troubles and inconveniences....

Just to reitterate something in case it wasn't obvious....

I put the words "ripped-off" in quotes before because I am fully aware that RSOV didn't intentionally try to rip me off.

I realise it was just a screw-up with the shopping cart and I have enough faith in RSOV to still place the order and be certain that Kieth would refund the difference later.

Obviously, I'm lucky that I can afford to tie up the extra cash like this.

I'm sure people who've been scrimping and saving to purchase an item might not feel quite the same way when faced with an invoice up to 50% too big.

Anyway, hope things get sorted out soon.

As for the whole $US thing, I don't think it really matters at all.

Most Brit's pick and choose when we place our orders to maximise the exchange rate anyway. :P

Just to reitterate something in case it wasn't obvious....

I put the words "ripped-off" in quotes before because I am fully aware that RSOV didn't intentionally try to rip me off.

I realise it was just a screw-up with the shopping cart and I have enough faith in RSOV to still place the order and be certain that Kieth would refund the difference later.

Obviously, I'm lucky that I can afford to tie up the extra cash like this.

I'm sure people who've been scrimping and saving to purchase an item might not feel quite the same way when faced with an invoice up to 50% too big.

Anyway, hope things get sorted out soon.

As for the whole $US thing, I don't think it really matters at all.

Most Brit's pick and choose when we place our orders to maximise the exchange rate anyway. :P

Anyway thanks for your understanding and trust to rsov and my team :rolleyes:

keith

Archived