FCS - new London site!

Janno

Ladies and gentlemen,

The wait is over.

At 1700h on November 10th 2008, FCS signed the contract for a new site in Lewisham. With the acquisition of this site, we will be making several exciting new services and events available. Guests can expect the usual high standards of FCS service with a fully competent and experienced crew on hand to accomodate them. In keeping with our reputation for offering good value and a competitive service, we can promise the following:-

1. The new site will be a purpose-built facility, offering tactical and combative training, private teambuilding days, and exercises/scenarios involving the use of airsoft replica-weaponry. There will be absolutely no paintball or other recreational/leisure-type activities going on.

2. The site is easily accessible: A 15 minute bus-ride from London Bridge station will put you literally outside the door of the site (get off the bus, cross the road, and sign in at front desk!). The new site location is 87 Old Road, London SE13.

3. Admission prices will stay as they were before - £25 for walkons, £50 for rentals (with a £5 discount for rentals who ring and book their places in advance).

4. Our open-door policy will remain - players can just turn up on-site and sign-in - no notice needed. However, we anticipate a large demand for attendance at the site, and so will be offering prebook-only days in addition to our regular skirmishes.

5. Skirmishes will run every Tuesday evening, with two Sunday skirmishes per month, and various special events throughout the year. Clients can also book private events with us, and new charges are being introduced to cater for smaller groups and student groups who wish to book with us.

6. Regular skirmishes will run for a 4-hour session: 7pm-11pm for weekday skirmishes. Weekend skirmishes will be 12pm-4pm (though for special events, timeslots may vary). Doors will open 1 hour beforehand to allow participants to prepare their equipment.

7. Scenarios will be focused towards improving the skills and cohesiveness of participants - encouraging them to operate efficiently as a unit to complete an objective or several objectives in competition with opposing units.

8. The new site will have its first skirmish on Sunday November 23rd, 2008. It is anticipated that this will be a popular event and so we will be running a double timeslot: 12pm-4pm, and 4pm-8pm. It is also recommended that players book their places in advance to avoid disappointment (no deposit is required - all we need to do is put your name and details on the guestlist!).

The site itself has a full range of amenities - two WCs, battery charging facilities, a fully secure safezone, and a small on-site shop. We will also gradually be adding new site facilities and constantly working hard to upgrade the site in order to better serve our clients' needs.

As you can see, the future has some exciting things in store for us, and we look forward to hosting you at our new site soon.

Best regards,

Andrew Janson

Managing Director, FCS

Dude, Andy's said all along that whether the 'Werkz reopens or not he was gonna find a new site. I ain't heard the latest on the Werkz itself, but last I heard it was more delays, so even if it does reopen for airsoft this was always gonna happen.

I, personally, would love to go along to the first skirmish- but I'm not sure whether I can afford it. We shall see. My team will certainly be booking events at the new site in the new year.

Personally, I'm very pleased to hear about the new site. Andy is one of the best site operators I know and I and my team have certainly missed the hardcore CQB action we used to go to the 'Werkz for.

On the contrary - as soon as the 'werkz reopens, we will (hopefully) be running games there again.

However, my business partner and i are involved in a lot more than just airsofting, and we've been looking for a building to use as a HQ for quite some time now. The problem with using the 'werkz as an HQ was that it was owned by someone else, and we had to share site-time with loads of other companies and their respective operations. With this new site, we are able to conduct our business literally 24/7, with airsoft being one of our many operations, and install augmentations as we see fit :)

In short, people should see this is an addition to the FCS Network, rather than a replacement for the 'werkz.

On the contrary - as soon as the 'werkz reopens, we will (hopefully) be running games there again.

However, my business partner and i are involved in a lot more than just airsofting, and we've been looking for a building to use as a HQ for quite some time now. The problem with using the 'werkz as an HQ was that it was owned by someone else, and we had to share site-time with loads of other companies and their respective operations. With this new site, we are able to conduct our business literally 24/7, with airsoft being one of our many operations, and install augmentations as we see fit :)

In short, people should see this is an addition to the FCS Network, rather than a replacement for the 'werkz.

Excelent. Thank you for making that clear. & good luck with this new addition. I'm sure you will do well.:D

Greg.

Archived