Replica TCI Liberator 2 headset-Ebay Banned

Hispeed1

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a regular dual headset that looked like a TCI Liberator. I would be surprised if it had the ability to amplify sound and consistently clamp the decibels when it got too loud like the real deal does. That said, I've seen zero mention of this at either EbayBanned or AirsoftNews. :huh:

In fairness a limiter VGA circut setup is pretty easy to make, the big difference in quality you would see is the microphones, and possibly the speakers (I havent heard the originals so I cant say)

Either way, cool stuff.

Padded headset. No sound amplication. This should be good. Ill stick to my Comtacs.

Yeah... you know... it'll be awesome... that way you'll be completely deaf to the outside world with both ears covered. LOL

I'm with you, this may be good if you want a certain look... but I'll stick with my real Comtacs for actual in game use. ;)

Pshh...

Sordins are where it's at.

:P

The real TCI Liberator series IS based on the MSA Sordin ear pro. Correction: the replica is of the TCI Liberator 3, not 2. Quote from Airsoftnews.EU in late October/early November made by Ebay Banned:

"...and the copy of TCI LIBERATOR III Electronic Hearing Protectors will this week !! We will sell the khaki Bowman at same price as black version and USD 40 free shipping for the TCI LIBERATOR III.

The real TCI Liberator series IS based on the MSA Sordin ear pro. Correction: the replica is of the TCI Liberator 3, not 2. Quote from Airsoftnews.EU in late October/early November made by Ebay Banned:

"...and the copy of TCI LIBERATOR III Electronic Hearing Protectors will this week !! We will sell the khaki Bowman at same price as black version and USD 40 free shipping for the TCI LIBERATOR III.

I'm so tempted to call BS on EbayBanned for that price quote (also tempted to call BS on the entire product coming to market as I think it's vaporware). If EB can do it... well kudos to him.

But I'm personally really skeptical about how viable they'd be for in-game use. For anyone that's ever worn Frogmans, most users will attest to the fact that the way Frogmans completely seal the left ear makes hearing out of that one ear very difficult which in turn hampers your overall hearing ability and with one ear more or less down just for radio comms... makes discerning the direction of outside sounds difficult (you really need both ears to do that reliably). Now you factor in a dual ear piece headset like Liberators, Sordins, Comtacs etc... well I know for a fact that my Comtac 1s and my Comtac 2s seal my ears in especially well as that's what they're supposed to do. The RS head sets seal your ears, and control the degree of outside sound that is actually fed to you via mics on either side on the outside of the headset (because the sound is in stereo you can tell where it's coming from) all the while overlaying radio comms. If the replica seals your ears, doesn't have any way of feeding in outside sounds through mics present on each side of the head, and only feeds you comms... the only thing you'll be hearing is the comms. Period. And if that were the case, I'd say the only thing the replicas were good for would be a wardrobe prop.

Another member asked me recently what I felt was the best headset option someone should spend their money on was... I consider my Comtac 1s, Comtac 2s, Frogmans, Cavalvy Bowman replicas, even my New Eagle Bone Conducer headset... I still think that the Cavalvy Bowman replica headset is the best bang for your buck as: the audio is clear, it transmits clearly, it's a decent price and good quality, and it doesn't fully seal your ear so while you can hear comms both your ears are still fully able to capture outside sounds.

When I read that I don't really see that they are saying it will have active hearing amplification or dampening.

As corps said, without the electronic active hearing doo-daas this headset is close to useless for anything in airsoft apart from posing. You need to be able to hear what is happening around you to stand any chance of reacting to the outside world.

I don't think this replica is going to harm the sales of real deal item, and certainly hasn't made me feel cheated because I splashed out on some Comtacs. Which are very good by-the-way, much more comfortable than Sordins.

On a slightly related subject, Surefire Sonic Defenders are small in-ear hearing protectors that do an excellent job of blocking out bangs while allowing normal sound through. They're pretty cheap and perfect for anyone who plays CQB but doesn't want to spend big money of Comtacs/Sordins…

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main.pl?pgm...arch_id=1130023

It's really not that hard or expensive to make a system that relays external sound to a hearing protector and having used the amplification mode on real sordins it's really only useful in places with low ambient noise.

As has been said above the difference will come in the quality of the parts such as the microphone and speakers which will directly affect your ability to hear (supposing these are going to be ear defenders at all) and the quality of the internal components affecting battery life.

I reckon this will turn out to be a great peice for completing a certain look :P

I say they look pretty sweet! Im getting a pair as soon as I have some money to spend on toys again.

Colour looks a bit lighter than on the real ones, but maybe its just too much flash on the pics.

And the batteries suggest that the microphones work. If they are as good as the Bowmans and TASC (I know: those are not active sordins) this should be total win.

Archived