Mid Caps for WW2 SMG's

FireKnife

Just visited Airsoft Armoury to find on there front page:

110rd Mid-caps for MP40 / Thompson M1A1 by King Arms.

Five in a box for £39.99 does sound too bad to me.

Finally a reasonable capacity, non-hicap mag for those WW2 events.

Now where to get a MP40 from ?!

'FireKnife'

I believe, they are designed for the AGM MP40 and the ACM / TM M1A1.

Actually haven't spoken to Ty in a while, must get a chance to sometime.

Now i really want a German Splinter Camo setup with a MP40 and a stack of these, not that i support Nazi-ism, but lets face it the Germans have always made good guns and kit, even back in 39-45.

'FireKnife'

The MP40 ones are supposed to be for the AGM but according to at least one poster on the CiA WW2 boards, they don't fit. AA are top chaps though so it would be worth checking their returns polic first.

BTW they are double-stacked spring mags hence the 100 capacity but likely to jam without a decent lube with silicon, if the other KA mid caps are anything to go by.

This is a cut and paste of what i posted over at www.ww2airsoft.org.uk

I got a set of KA MP40 mags today, decided to try them out and none of them work, the feed hole is approx 1mm to far forward and there is no way of cutting a bit out to make it fit as the part that needs to be cut is above the feed release catch and you don't want to weaken that, guess i'll put them aside till i get my SRC MP40 & MP41 and hope they fit in them.

The only way i can think to make them fit without cutting and making them weak is to remove the plastic sleeve thats inside the magwell of the AGM MP40 that would give the extra mm or so it needs, would make the mags loose so thats not an ideal solution,. oh and did i mention that they are all plastic, maybe i need to shift the internals across to a low cap if i want a decent mag.

*Edit

Heres a picture of the problem

mp40mag.jpg

the picture shows the magazine inside the plastic sleeve from my MP40's magwell, the red part shows how far out the top of the mag is, and the mag does fit without the plastic sleeve but is way to loose to use out on the field, the only solutions i can think of at the moment is it file /cut the front side of the plastic sleeve or shave some from the side of the mag, the walls of the mag look pretty thin so i'm not sure if thats a good idea.

Managed to make it work, seems to feed well now that they fit, they go in nice and easy with a small bit of modding and seem to be a tighter fit than the original so you get no mag wobble, to make them fit i trimed a little of the mag sleeve and filed the inside down a bit, you only need to file the front side to make them fit.

and heres a picture of what i've done

mp40magmod.jpg

Archived