Spartan Airsoft: Dummy AN PRC 148

Titleist

I'd rather it be extremely detailed and well built and NOT have storage inside, but that's just me. A better antenna is going to go a long way in making these NOT suck.

Why wouldn't you want it to act as a functional storage unit/holder for a regular radio? If it only acted as a costume/prop piece, as bad *albatross* as it'd look, it would be an extra piece of useless kit that adds bulk and takes away valuable real estate for other gear. Personally, if it's on my rig, I want it to serve a purpose other than just looking cool.

As for the plugs, it'd be great if they could come up with a connector unit that's hollowed out and doesn't have any wires inside. The connector unit will probably have to be split open down it's length on one side, but that'll allow you to slip the fake connector onto your regular headset wire so that it actually looks like you're using the correct connector for your setup.

Where can you get those?

facepalm.jpg

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/368269984_EerMN-L.jpg

i got a few real ones. they're not that hard to find.

Item number: 350122164778

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/385350846_VfSLS-L.jpg

the one without the metal cap at the bottom came from the egay seller above.

Am I the only one that doesn't see the point to this? A 'dummy' radio, e.g does nothing, just for show? Why would you want to load yourself down with non-functional kit? I mean, fair enough fake stun grenades etc that double as BB holders they kind of have a purpose... but a massive looking radio, aerial and gubbins - just for show?

Unless you need it as a film prop, I can't see the use in the field.

*awaits a flaming*

Some of us like playing with the proper kits, i.e Ranger, Force Recon, SEALS, and we've got MBITR pouches, so having even the fake item which weighs next to nothing that looks good, is still something we want.

So I see your question, but again for a lot of people it's like having those frag pouches and wanting to fill it out with the proper looking part. And considering the MBITR is absolutely of limits for anyone but military folks, an empty but good looking replica is a fine solution.

Also the Thales have a different thread pattern then the ICOMs, so you will want to search for an ICOM specific antenna. Especially one that's built for UHF.

Archived