First Armalite. A couple of questions.

Lectric

So a couple of days ago, i bought meself my a Classic Army M15A4 Sportsline (keep the bad comments for yourself and yada yada yada), and a cheap red dot from Strike System.

I had planned to buy a CA M&T Mp5 that day, but when i got in the shop and saw all kinds of Armalites, i had to find out what all the fuzz is about.

I`m familiar with the H&K Series of weapons, both real steel(MP5,G-3) and some Softair guns.

Clearly the weakest point of the Sportsline is the motor,but that`s not the point of this thread. I got a couple of questions:

1. I mounted the red dot direct on the upper rail where the carrying handle was, and i want to remove the frontsight. Now i found it incredible hard to remove the sling thingy and the frontsight is just impossible to remove. I saw the paint come of when i tried of "screw" it off.

Is it common to keep the front sight on, and just zero in the red dor so the sight can be used?

2. I can`t ger the sligmount back on, the two bolts are simply impossible to fasten again. Is there some trick i`m not aware of?

3.The Dustcover wouldn`t come open when i pulled the bolt back, so i kinda forced it gently up, resluting in that the magnet or whatever it held it up doesn`t work anymore. Any tips on that?

That`s all for now. I`m shure i have some other questions,but i can`t think of them now.

1. Yup, even with my magnifying ACOG I keep the front sight on. You did remember to remove the grub screw on the bottom and the two pins? Mine comes off easy once I remove those.

2. Are you talking about the side sling swivel that attaches under the front sight? You remove that by removing the front sight both that sling swivel and front sight will slide off the barrel.

3. Not exactly sure what you did. Just open up the reciever and put the dust cover piece back into position.

1. Gotta try this, altough i don`t remember any bolts or screws. Ì post some pictures later

2.I`m talking about the )( shaped thingy on the right side of the barrel.

3. It springs open agian. I think something broke inside.

For the dust cover I had the same problem, easy fix. I just took of the top reciever and it somehow popped back in place itself.

Edit- sorry, I missread your problem, my dustcover wouldn't go back in all the way, meaning I couldn't open it. Either way, it cant hurt just to open her up and see if you cant fix it.

the magnet that holds the dust cover closed probably fell off.

try and either get a folding front sight, a riser for your scope, or turning yout front sight upside down.

the sling swivel should go back in when you put the cotter pins back in place. make sure you have everything facing the right way.

-Joe

ok thinking these CA's are the same as the old model's so

a, the magnet has fallen off b, the fake bolt is to far back

ok the red dot is nice but you need a large rail riser , but tbh sell it off and get your self a ACM aimpoint and mount will save your neck ( look at the armalite pic's on this site )

the sling swivel has two ways of going back on (testing my memory now) one will fit and then use a punch to get the 2 pins back in

The sportlines do not use magnets. They use a TM style system with a small catch that is spring loaded. The plastic on the catch is too soft and it tends to break.

Also, the front sight tower is held on by a grub screw on the 6 o'clock position on the rail. There are no roll pins securing the FSB.

Magsz is right on to help you remove the front sight post. As for the sling swivel mount...roll pins are intended to be installed only once. However if you didnt mess the ends up too bad removing them you should be able to put them back in. Try placing them in the hole enough so they stay put and then use a set of channel locks to squeeze them in. Place one end of the jaws on top of the pin and teh other on the hole on the opposite end. Finish installing it with a punch.

Archived