Grammaton Cleric gun

elrey

SteelHawk's appears to be a cleaner resin recast of the original resin kit. Their's doesn't have any of the bubbling and unfinished resin that ASGI has on theirs.

$300 for an all metal replica maybe worth it. $300 for a $100 KJW M9 with $15 worth of resin and basic skills to meld it all together... not so much.

Is the AirsoftGI one metal?

I custom made one maybe 2 years ago out of aluminum for a total of about 500 USD.... but I haven't been able to make another due to high costs. Maybe this'll complete my set :D

Bad thing is my gun isn't too unique anymore though :-p.

But I can at least feel good about the hammer on mine being accurate (skeleton hammer)

5.jpg

04.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Yeah, CNC machined from billet aluminum. Base gun is a KJW M9 full metal.

I don't have pics of the front end before I painted it, but here is the trigger guard and the other structural parts.

EQ_WIP5.jpg

EQ_WIP1.jpg

I've been meaning to take better pictures in sunlight, but I kept forgetting and/or putting it off. Maybe I'll take a few some time soon.

Now before any of you guys maybe PM me about making extra sets... I can't.. unless you want to pay 2000~3000 USD.

When I had these parts made I knew the owner of the machine shop and he did a huge favor for me it turned out, by making me pay only ~400-500 USD. It's essentially free if you see what the typical cost is for these parts. I guess it requires too much sinker and wire EDM work, which is the main reason for the high cost.

The machine shop that did this huge favor for me went out of business a few months ago...before I had a chance to make another set. It's a damn shame.

'Engage pedantic mode'

Fire selector's in the wrong place. Should be where the slide stop is . IIRC the 'hero' guns had the selector where the stop was, and some of the stunt/specific use (ie firing, showing empty) guns had the slide stop and no selector. But there seems to be a few guns made for that movie which have differences.

'pedantic mode - off'

*picky mode on*

The front looks badly molded

The front looks badly fitted

The fire selector molding looks even worse

How do you field strip it with that kit covering the take down leaver on the frame?

Its too expensive for such a cheap gun with bits glued on

*picky mode off*

If it were a kit for $50-75 then maybe I'd go for it so I could feel ok about cutting it up to get a better fit and finish but as it stands now I think I'll leave it.

That wouldn't work, because the HFC full auto Berettas have slightly modified parts in the frame for the full auto to function. So you would also need the frame for that.

Or just swap the trigger bar too <_<

Well it's not just the trigger bar that's different. The HFC full auto Beretta frame has an additional cut made into it that you would have to replicate, which allows the trigger bar to trip the sear.

But we also have to realize that the Airsoft GI gun might not actually use a TM/WE/HFC/KJ as the base gun. From what I can tell from the hammer (incorrect size, too small) it's probably a KSC/KWA. I doubt HFC parts will work without significant alterations.

[edit] It looks like AirsoftGI lowered the price to 250 USD. Also, upon looking at the pictures more closely, I appears as if the ones on AirsoftGI are actually the Steelhawk ones... not entirely sure, but it looks to be that way.

[edit2] *suitcase*... the description on AirsoftGI does say the base gun is a KWA... so yeah. No full auto with HFC parts without heavy modifications.

Archived