ICS SIG 551 & 552 Released

Warning

Just spotted this on airsoft-news.eu, but decided not to copy what they posted, but decided to copy from ICS' website instead :P

Here's the info and piccys from ICS and a link to there Fancy Flash Thing (clicky)(also takes awhile to load) which gives a takedown guide and how to install battery:

Full metal body, all movable parts are designed as manoeuvrable as the movable parts on real SG551&552

ICS doesn't hesitate to invest on stamping for upper receiver and aluminium die-casting for lower receiver.

Rivets and all details are copy from real SIG 551/552. Besides, ICS obtain the authorization of SIG SG551/552 trademark. The engravings on both side of the metal body are same as the engraving on real SIG SG 551/552.

ICS Sig 551 Swat

ICS-51SIG551-1.jpg

Motor: Turbo 3000 middle pin motor (MC-128)

Material:Steel, Aluminium die-casting

Velocity:Velocity varies according to different battery and spring setting

Length: 835mm

Length(folded): 578mm

Barrel length: 370mm

Weight(without battery): 2,800g

Barrel diameter: 6.08mm

Magazine weight: 200 g.

Magazine capacity:470 rounds

Spring setting: M120 + 8 holes silent piston head (mc-39+mc-121)

Gears: Steel (mc-14)

Bushing: Steel (mc-03)

ICS SIG 552 Commando

ICS-52SIG552-1.jpg

Motor: Turbo 3000 middle pin motor (MC-128)

Material: Steel, Aluminium die-casting

Velocity: Velocity varies according to different battery and spring setting

Length: 728mm

Length(folded):470mm

Barrel length:263mm

Weight(without battery):2,600g

Barrel diameter: 6.08mm

Magazine weight: 200 g.

Magazine capacity:470 rounds

Spring setting: M120 + 8 holes silent piston head (mc-39+mc-121)

Gears: Steel (mc-14)

Bushing: Steel (mc-03)

Personally i think the 551 has made it to my to buy list along with ICS' L85A2

P.S. thought i'd start a new news thread since the last one is quite a few pages back (and have been watching to much Top Gear (sorry))

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A 556 would have been a step in the right direction... Oh well.

Is there anything particularly innovative about this piece, aside from being the first full-metal SIG 5xx on the market? Does it have any of the innovative stuff like the M4 series or L85 series?

OK as a Sig 552 fan, this is great news - In the past I've come close, on more than one occasion, to shelling out the close to $300.00+ for the metal body for my TM but I can't bring myself to do it when the same cash could bring me another whole gun. Additionally, if they come out with long midcaps for these I would be in seventh heaven. Does anyone know if there are going to be TM compatible (Mag-wise)?

OK as a Sig 552 fan, this is great news - In the past I've come close, on more than one occasion, to shelling out the close to $300.00+ for the metal body for my TM but I can't bring myself to do it when the same cash could bring me another whole gun. Additionally, if they come out with long midcaps for these I would be in seventh heaven. Does anyone know if there are going to be TM compatible (Mag-wise)?

Yes they are, they've had midcaps out for a while now havent they? At least they have been announced about 6 months ago :)

What makes this different? Beasty Motor, well shimmed gearbox and Full metal, go go gadget :)

ooooo didn't see this thread.

I made a thread in general discussion linking the ICS site, dated 21st release date.

Intrigued I emailed Zero1 to see if they knew wjhen it would be released to retailers or any indication on price (they have the ICS sig magazine for sale already) but they have no idea when/how much it will be.

the wait continues! looks excellent too, there are 2 youtube vids about of the ICS sig, but these may not be production models...

Were these supposed to have split gearboxes as well?

Supposedly you can adjust the tension on the spring to increase or decrease velocity but honestly, ive never been interested in systems like that since thats how you induce premature spring fatigue by taxing it past its tension limit.

Wish there was a 556 up there though.

tbh i wish they'd do a 556 aswell tbh i'd love to use the more common stanag mags instead of the larger sig mags

I know, that's just a point between others, that's just not ready to play ;)

tbh the L85A2 was hot aswell if i remember some one said theres was shooting at about 420, but i agree with what Panzergraf said you can always downgrade, which according to the flash thing is pretty simple

Have a closer look at the Markings. It says SigArms, not the Correct SwissArms ^^ That's how they're trying to get around the Trademarkissue with G&G

SigArms and SwissArms are two different companies.

SigArms is the American branch of the company. Sig 55x's are available in the US under the SigArms name. They are not incorrect trades, they just aren't SwissArms trades. In addition, if you really want to get technical about it, neither company's names actually appears on the sides of the receiver on the real ones. More over, since the US is the country with the most trademark issues it's easier to deal with the US branch. Lastly, I'm still waiting to see anything about the supposed G&G Sig 550 other than that one set of pictures. If G&G had actually reached a licensing agreement, it seems to me they would be saying something. Lastly, if this was the case, it would be pretty silly of ICS to put the SwissArms name all over their site since that would clearly be illegal use of the trademark.

InexcelsisDeo: ICS's original plans were to do the 550 and 556 if they had a successful launch of the 551/552. I can't say for certain that is still the plan, but it was last time I asked anyways.

I've been talking to them about accessories, but I will bring it up again next time I talk to them as well as trying to find out if they still plan on finishing up the model line.

Archived