PP-19-01 "Vityaz"

renegadecow

This project started just this night, well many nights before when I was pondering what to do with my old CYMA AK74. It was working perfectly fine but I never really liked it being stock and have had little success in disposing of it. So I was either to make an OC14 Groza or a PP19-01 Vityaz out of it. The Vityaz won because I just couldn't stand to make a Groza with a chin protruding under the receiver as a stock to make room for the motor. So, I mentioned that this project started just a few hours ago, at least the hacking part.

chopped the barrel to fit front end of Spets, whats left of my mini Uzi stock for show

100_1000.jpg

chopped the receiver and sight block, CA Uzi magazine adapter put on for show

100_1011.jpg

folded, compact and tidy

100_1013.jpg

As I didn't base the weapon off an aks74u, I'm left with alternative stocks. I'm thinking the mini Uzi because the springer which I rip them off from costs only $10. The mags I'm still unsure of as the Uzi mags are just for visualization. I also put on my short 74 flash hider because that's what I have. I have no idea what sort of muzzle the real one has; images on net too blurry. Tentatively, what I have in mind would look like this:

vityaz.gif

Opinions and advice are most graciously welcome.

Looking very nice so-far; i'd suggest mp5 mags personally, as they're curved and readily available (more so than uzi mags)

pp19_2.jpg

The flash hider I suggest you lop the end off about the point the holes finish then cut two vertical grooves on each side to get the llok a bit closer; there are many minor details, but i'm not sure it's worth quibbling over.

Good luck,

-Matt

100_1011.jpg

That looks all but perfect as it is, attach the CA adaptor permanantly and find a way to attach that stock. I assume stick battery in the top of the gun like any folding AK.

Plus i think that flashider looks just right. If maby a little on the long side.

looking good but if you use MP5 mags, as mikoyan suggested, you might have to make a mag adapter that departs from the RS. :unsure:

as mocked up, the angle of the folding stock doesn't look like it will fit properly so you may have to fab a hinge that folds and unfolds at ang angle. ;)

gbb? would be great but you would need to do some candyman workarounds to make that work, methinks. <_<

why not buy an LPEG MP5 and butcher that for the magwell, then you could use plastic MAG MP5 mids (plastic like the RS), refinish them and hey presto.

on a side note, i beg you t put a proper stock on it! trapper industries used to sell folding stocks that you can bolt/epoxy onto your reciever and they will still fold. they're not on the site any more but if you email them i'm sure they could sort something out.

The uzi stock quite conveniently fits actually. Its just that the one I have here doesn't have the hinge anymore as I've butchered that one up for another gun (A-team gun earlier this year). Still have to scrounge a bit more for a new one. I've considered using a metal ak receiver in that it would already come with the correct folding stock but I'm gonna have a lot more problems with it in the hacking business. Why I've specifically used the plastic cyma (marui based) receiver is that the sight block attaches to the receiver by 4 screws: two sets parallel to each other. The chop consists of shifting everything backwards so that the front screw bits will now go on the rear screw bits. I do have a friend with a loose folding stock which I still have to check up on if I could just figure out how to incorporate that and a lock.

I'm leaning towards the MP5 mag now mostly because its just about the only banana 9mm mag around. With it I'll be fabricating the mag well from scratch and will simply modify the mag itself to lock at the rear portion much like how ak mags do. Now, there aren't any plastic/thermold mp5 mags around are there because that would be really close.

edit: I forgot about the GBB. That crosman micro uzi is a copy of the old maruzen one, and none too reliable from what I've been reading. As much as I'd really want to do that, it would launch this project all the way into next year. I'm only really doing this as an interim fungun mod (least amount of money and time spent possible) until the parts I need for my next major mod arrives (smle no1 mk3).

can't use the recievers on EB as they are Dboys which use a real steel style construction method which is incompatible with TM.

and there are plastic mags as i said, MAG midcpas. cheap, reliable, just fill in the indents running down the sides repaint them and done.

Yeah, I do not see that happening...

Another case of flaming me and contributing absolutely nothing useful to this thread. :waggle: Your cynicism can be used elsewhere and come back when you have something useful to say.

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg97-e.htm

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/index...23672#msg723672

Looks complicated, but doable. The magwell shouldn't be too hard to construct.

the trigger is infront of the magazine for the uzi and i have no clue where the mag release, but i assume it would be difficult to hit it if you stuff the the uzi in there. How is he going to switch from FA and SA? didnt think about that, did you?

Which is why i said i dont see it happening.

edit: im done discussing this. I dont want to clutter a Renegadecow's awesome build

cut away trigger, use a bar to connect the aeg AK trigger to the trigger mech of the Uzi, make mag release out of a piece of plastic, make it spring loaded, make it latch to a notch in the back of the mag so it will unlatch from the gun like the PP19 BTW, the Uzi's mag release is on the bottom of the handgrip, on the left side IIRC, for your information.

as for full auto or semi, take out the semi disconnect like so:

when that part is removed and the GBB Uzi is in the AK, it will fire auto. When the selector lever is on semi, a lever inside the body will make the bolt trip the trigger bar so it will disconnect from the trigger mech inside the Uzi, making semi.

Not the most realistic, as IIRC the PP19 is a close bolt gun, and is far from a drop in job, but its not impossible either. Yes, I have thought of it.

Not impossible but down right too much work for what its worth, but thanks for believing I could pull it off anyway. It would be far easier for me to wait for a cheap AK GBB and chop that down, more reliable too. And besides, I love Uzis enough that I wouldn't dare sacrifice it for anything.

Ok, update and MAJOR problems:

I've decided to take my plague 666's advice and bought an ak folding stock off a friend for $11, YAY! :D I didn't want those RA guys raining on my *albatross*. AND I've even managed to stick it on the plastic receiver. No hinges yet but they will be made out of plastic as I've been doing some strength tests and plastic will take the abuse (small piece of PVC and ABS above glued together for strength test).

100_1033.jpg

The problem is the lock. The gear moving the selector plate is in the way when moved to the full-auto position.

gearbox.jpg

I've been checking out pictures of cyma aks74u's and it seems it doesn't have that gear protruding at the back, but I still have to look at one up close.

http://filakairsoft.30.forumer.com/a/batte...sh_post518.html

Right now, my easiest option is to make a new lever-type latch on the right side of the gun. It will be a button different from the real thing which I think is forgivable, even for RA guys.

Also, since the receiver is cut short, the latch to hold it in the folded position is omitted. Showing it folded here, I assume that it doesn't lock at all even on the real one? So no gung-ho, folded stock operation and just for transport then?

100_1036.jpg

Not impossible but down right too much work for what its worth, but thanks for believing I could pull it off anyway. It would be far easier for me to wait for a cheap AK GBB and chop that down, more reliable too. And besides, I love Uzis enough that I wouldn't dare sacrifice it for anything.

Aye, agreed. What would be better is to have an AEG blowback+ recoil, like a heavier kicking TM AK74MN, so you can turn AK into this *not my video, nor gun, done by a fellow pinoy :) *:

If you are interested, I can PM you some plans to make an ultra accurate heavy recoiling AEG, and it should be very easy to put into the large receiver of the AK *I am working on trying to fit the said mechanism my only AEG, the M15A4*. So far, I only shared it with a fellow Arnies member, Corkie, and we've both worked hard and collaborated to make those plans. If you are interested, I can PM you those plans so you can make a working prototype. PM me for details :D

Cheers,

Romel

Edit: If possible, can you get me some pics of the latches of the folding stock? I could use it for a future project I have in mind. Thanks :D

Double edit:

lol, Redscare, your sig does not insult me, because I am asexual. Try again later when you mature and get out of your parent's basement. :D

That sigline is awesome... So awesome.

Lesson learned: when making questionable comments online, at least use a different S/N than your usual one... LAWL.

renegadecow:

Why did you decide to just use the stock? Why not buy the (complete) DBoys AK receiver (which is CHEAP)?

Because I've already worked out a stable way for the shortening of the front bits. And I was too quick to jump on the $11 stock and I wasn't thinking clearly last night when I proceeded to cut out parts on the receiver to make it fit. Of course, had I known I'd go into so much trouble now trying to fit it, I would have just bought the Dboys receiver if not ditch it and go Uzi. On a lighter note, as I'm already knee deep into the build, I've solved my latch problem over lunch as I kept repeating to myself the mantra "often the best solutions are the simplest ones". I'll be installing the latch on the base of the stock itself, much like how the ones on G36's work.

DesertFox: Do please send me a PM regarding that recoil engine you mentioned. I may find time to mess around with it even if just out of curiosity. Also, have you seen those youtube vids regarding a "cylindrical generator" claiming rifle caliber recoil plus 82db sound report? It was brought up in the general discussions forum. That too has peeked my curiosity.

DesertFox: Do please send me a PM regarding that recoil engine you mentioned. I may find time to mess around with it even if just out of curiosity. Also, have you seen those youtube vids regarding a "cylindrical generator" claiming rifle caliber recoil plus 82db sound report? It was brought up in the general discussions forum. That too has peeked my curiosity.

Sure thing. I also pmed the builder of the cylindrical generator on youtube, and I don't think he will mind.

Pmed, and lets see that thing kick like a mule :D

Seriously, thats the only place where I see people complain that non-Marui AK 100 series grip angles are all wrong.

I dunno about it being broke but I remember my old Marui AK having the same protruding gear and this is an old plastic receiver cyma. Maybe they changed it a bit when they started churning out their metal receiver versions. Anyhow, my solution is pretty simple enough and should be able to make it work over the long weekend (local holiday, yay!).

• 2 weeks later...

Aha! Progress! It should have been done sooner but I was down with the flu.

100_1071.jpg

100_1073.jpg

Its not very durable, being plastic, but it can at least support the weapons own weight. If it breaks, I'll fix it. If it breaks again, I'm getting a steel receiver and learn how to weld. Also, the button is too long here and will shorten them later.

About the MP5 magazine... :no2:

100_1081.jpg

It won't fit with the ak hop chamber. I could put in an MP5 chamber and nozzle, but I'm cheap. So its off to the grinder.

Had to square off the back removing about 2mm and 1mm from the top so it would feed with the shorter nozzle of the ak hop chamber. Will cover up the hole tomorrow and fine tune the locking latch.

100_1082.jpg

Rough and hasty assembly of the mag well which also holds the receiver and the front assembly together.

100_1090.jpg

Archived