New ARES AEGs at WGC Shop

fiddlesticks4220

Is ARES star copy? I really wanted L85 SVF for a long time. (Yeah I admit it. I like strange/ugly looking things except when it comes to woman. :P )

ARES is STAR. STAR rebranded their guns, ARES went, hey, we can make some cash, or retailers went hey, we can sell these cheaper, and bam.

I'd also about certain Star ones having both proper trades AND a working cocking handle. But I've never seen photos of it...

I might ask WGC about this...

My apologies for double posting. But I've got good news...

I got an email straight from ARES customer service. Real speedy too (reply within 24 hours)! I'm impressed!

Thanks for your inquiry.

The cocking lever on the ARES UMP is movable. The improved version of UMP

will be launched on Q1 2009, updated news will be updated on www.aresusa.com

soon.

Regards,

Customer Service

ARES USA LLC

this is good news, as wgc have lowered their prices on STAR products dramaticly, i just ordered and payed for a STAR M249 cloth mag at 45,50$ :) while other places still charge over a 100$ for one!

Much more acceptable for a mag you pritty much have to mod out of the box.

Hopefully Ares will produce (and dare i hope, improve them) and release more spare parts for the guns, now that STAR is out of the picture.

Wow, these guys are impressive.

Just got off the phone with Mike from ARES, and they don't have the part in stock. (As it's a bit of an unusual piece.)

However, he's going to call the factory, and ask if they can send the part separately to him for me.

Again, WOW.

-Vic

Archived