Systema releasing SUPER MAX PTW

RedWolf

Hi everyone,

When Systema rolls out innovation, apparently they like to do it in pairs. Planned for release at the same time as the new REVOLUTION gearbox, Systema is rolling out the new PTW SUPER MAX, with performance promised to exceed the regular MAX. While the regular MAX PTW uses an M150 cylinder to generate over 500fps of power, the new SUPER MAX with M160 cylinder will deliver closer to 600fps of performance.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...tail?newsID=854

Estimated MSRP is USD 1,600 and initial quantities will be limited to 100pcs worldwide.

Hi everyone,

the new SUPER MAX with M160 cylinder will deliver closer to 600fps of performance.

Mm.

"Closer".

Don't mean to be pedantic but that would be 33(ish) fps "closer".

So about 533(ish)fps then????? ;)

& 566ish with the 170? :P

But I'm not knocking it, 'cos no one else is doing that out of the box.

Unfortunately, if full auto capable, this will be illegal in the UK.

Greg.

1, really?

2, can you point me to the right legislation please?

3, i always thought as long as it didnt go over 12ft lbs air weapons were exempt.

1, Yes, really! :huh:

2, No I can't. Do I look like a solicitor? Do I? :D

3, Good for you. I think that is fine, as long as it's single shot. However, "AUTO", is most definitely off the menu, over 380fps.

I'm sure one of our more learned friends will be happy to post a link to the relevant part of legislation so that you can confirm my information. Or have a search through the VCR bit. It's bought up every other week in one form or another. ;)

Greg.

Well, SYSTEMA wil release semi-auto versions (for the German market) as well as 3-burst versions. So if you really want a Super MAX, then there will be a model that fits your market.

550fps+ is definitely very painful but do remember that the PTW is intended for law enforcement and military training, where typically they use Simunitions (which hit much harder and can kill on occasion). So in that regard, 550 - 600fps on a 0.2g BB is really not lethal.

I dont care if its "a little less" compared to Simunitions, anything fully-auto capable over 500-550 fps is completely rediculous in my eyes.

I still wouldnt be happy with having a gun firing 566fps+ (according to greg) on the field with me. Someone forgets the huge MED for a second and me, and in quick order they, are in for a world of hurt.

This isnt Painball. I want to go and play airsoft. Not a "I am havee tiniest peniss and 1337est FPS" contest.

Isn't it the Danish or some country around there who have little or no fps laws? Enjoy these guys. And enjoy getting outranged by a stock TM all because of Hop. :P

typically they use Simunitions (which hit much harder and can kill on occasion).

It's impossible to kill anyone with the Simunition paint pellets... People getting killed by negligent firearm handling (mixing Simunition guns with RS guns) and by non-paint Simunition projectiles (intended for indoor and limited use, not F2F training).

i always thought as long as it didnt go over 12ft lbs air weapons were exempt.

fully automatic airweapons are prohibited

Under 1 foot pound it falls below the minimum definition of an airweapon to get you into that particular hot water over 1 foot pound its fair game. Thats why the 2 to 3 foot pound drozd airgun is only ever sold in the UK in semi automatic mode whereas it was designed with burst fire modes and ships in that config elsewhere.

Archived