Spartan Imports - Mantis Sniper System

orca

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh? Based on a Tanaka M700 system?

I thought the guy had some totally original custom internal system. Weird.

It's really cool to see that this guy is going to be able to widely distribute his guns like this. There has been almost no news from him for a long time!

I like his M700 better though, because it's cheaper but still boasts the same level of performance. ;)

I guess this one lets you have more modularity with respect to stocks, grips, and bipods because it has an M4 stock tube, M4 pistol grip, and front rail system. That's a cool and relatively rare feature for a bolt-action sniper rifle.

It's really cool to see that this guy is going to be able to widely distribute his guns like this. There has been almost no news from him for a long time!

I like his M700 better though, because it's cheaper but still boasts the same level of performance. ;)

I guess this one lets you have more modularity with respect to stocks, grips, and bipods because it has an M4 stock tube, M4 pistol grip, and front rail system. That's a cool and relatively rare feature for a bolt-action sniper rifle.

Always been based on a Tanaka M700 system; Mike modified where need be for better performance, etc, etc. He pretty much re-does the gun. He left because the high number of individuals doubting his range and spec; especially after they chew up his video frame by frame. Congrads to Mike on getting RHF rifles to be carried by Spartan Imports. I wonder if RHF rifle will be on special or stocked in my neighboring AEX.

Always been based on a Tanaka M700 system; Mike modified where need be for better performance, etc, etc. He pretty much re-does the gun. He left because the high number of individuals doubting his range and spec; especially after they chew up his video frame by frame. Congrads to Mike on getting RHF rifles to be carried by Spartan Imports. I wonder if RHF rifle will be on special or stocked in my neighboring AEX.

Hmmmm 2k for a guaranteed 85meter range.......riiightttt

looks very much alike one of those Airsoft Surgeon's abomination.

Hmmmm 2k for a guaranteed 85meter range.......riiightttt

It must have weather control system built-in as well, since to guarantee the range, it must have mechanism for the side winds stop dead.

Nice marketing hitch although having long time history in long range shooting with real gun has anything to do with the performance of the airsoft rifle itself. Obviously the real gun doesn't have hopup and you don't have to worry about gas output consistancy/stabilisation to propell a plastic BB.

If he was, say starting out sniper school for airsofters, then it would add positive sense to the ad but otherwise, meh.

I've seen the rifle in action, and can say without a doubt that the gun is worth the money. My only question is it actually from the same guy from Task Force 20 or just a rebrand.

http://deborahcarrion.smugmug.com/gallery/...301973384_ps6hd - Designer and Maker of the Mantis.

His website: http://righthookfabrication.googlepages.com/

It seems pretty clearly stated in that Spartan press release that these are hand built by Mike Aceves and coming from Right Hook Fabrication. I'm not sure how much more clearly they could have stated this...

Curious what the FPS is set to to hit man-sized targets at 65 Yards (~195 feet). Wasn't the range on the video he showed on youtube paced out to 100 yards and hitting man-sized targets? I wonder why Spartan didn't advertise the gun as reaching that range... or perhaps it's the wordage, because they "Guarantee" it to hit accurately at 65 yards, but 100 yards is harder to guarantee and they don't want to be called on it for false-advertising.

Regardless, it's nice to see more US airsoft manufacturers coming online to sell their products. Reincarnation, do you know if RHF will be at SHOT this year?

As for the Mantis... if they really want to put a collapsible stock on it, I'd recommend one of the Magpul stocks like the UBR, M93B, or CTR. Unfortunately, the M93B is no longer in production, and the UBR is both expensive and nigh impossible to find currently. I'd suggest the CTR instead of the current LEO stock as it's more elegant in design and features the clamp which will allow you to lock the stock down 100% killing any and all wiggle in it. Or the ACE stock they have on the one on their website is decent.

I'd also recommend them showing one of their Mantis's painted up in a simple desert camo scheme. Nothing looks sexier than a earthy sniper rifle! ;)

I've seen the rifle in action, and can say without a doubt that the gun is worth the money.

http://deborahcarrion.smugmug.com/gallery/...301973384_ps6hd - Designer and Maker of the Mantis.

For a second there I thought those pics were of Pendleton. Where is that? :huh:

Looks like the gas tube goes straight into the mag... That could be problematic, seeing as 28rds isn't very much at all. I supposed with the QD tube it won't be so bad but it would kinda kill the simulation if every time you changed the mag you had to remove the tube and then reinsert it into the new mag.

Ive tried talking to this guy a couple times but to no avail as to the status of his projects.

Its a KJW m700 with a few internal mods and an insane stock, gas goes right to the magazine, HPA external rig IIRC. I dont think he ever finished his electric autococking mech thing.

You can't guarantee hits if the shooter sucks, mind you...

This is true. I think the "guarantee" implies that under optimum conditions (no wind, flat trajectory, zeroed in scope, adjusted hop-up, the correct ammo, the correct air pressure, gun resting on a steady platform, a reasonable FPS), you can hit man-sized targets consistently. These conditions sound pretty acceptable to me personally as that is how airsoft guns should generally be gauged off. And if this rifle can truly hit at the range Mike shows in the youTube demo video, then what he's offering is indeed a very competitive rifle.

This is true. I think the "guarantee" implies that under optimum conditions (no wind, flat trajectory, zeroed in scope, adjusted hop-up, the correct ammo, the correct air pressure, gun resting on a steady platform, a reasonable FPS), you can hit man-sized targets consistently. These conditions sound pretty acceptable to me personally as that is how airsoft guns should generally be gauged off. And if this rifle can truly hit at the range Mike shows in the youTube demo video, then what he's offering is indeed a very competitive rifle.

True that. About the stock, Magpul CTR if you must with a cheek riser. RHP @ SHOT, I can't say I have seen anything about that uscm.

He left because the high number of individuals doubting his range and spec; especially after they chew up his video frame by frame.

High number of individuals who have years of experience in airsoft sniping with a bunch of different rifles... :rolleyes: It was sooo evil not to believe every word the manufacturer said. :rolleyes:

It's good that his rifles are more widely distributed, so finally we might have some independent user reviews.

The 1 Spartan is distributing is based on the Tanaka M700.

I vaguely see trades on the rifle pictures so that may be true, but ive seen the same "based on the tanaka" claims made in other posts when in reality its based on a gun which is based on the tanaka ;)

Fully free floated inner barrel scares me, but is probably just marketing because average airsofters have the illusion that it gives better accuracy for our purposes.

I really wanted to see his bolt-action-to-semi-auto conversion, it sounded really cool.

Big Mike's original sniper's are mostly KJW M700's. His reasoning was, that if he's going to re-do everything internally anyways, might as well get the cheaper one. Even though they're KJ's THEY WORK.

Of course AEX will be carrying these, Spartan basically owns AEX. That's why AEX is always gets Spartan guns first and pushes them the most.

The AEX Mantis' most probably are based off of Tanakas, so they can charge more for a "premium" base and it'll sound wayyyy more appealing to someone over "KJW M700 based."

High number of individuals who have years of experience in airsoft sniping with a bunch of different rifles... :rolleyes: It was sooo evil not to believe every word the manufacturer said. :rolleyes:

It's good that his rifles are more widely distributed, so finally we might have some independent user reviews.

That's like people who review upgraded tuner car from Asia doubting a F1 racer before sitting it and driving it around the track. I do know there are numbers of experience airsoft sniper about in the forum however have they used a custom rifle that was built from pretty much scrap.

You probably don't believe in LRB in classic m60 and m249 with the range spread of 100 yards also, huh.

I do hope multiple user reviews in the future also.

Of course AEX will be carrying these, Spartan basically owns AEX. That's why AEX is always gets Spartan guns first and pushes them the most.

I know AEX will carry them but will they be in my neighboring store for me to see every time I head in. Most of their non typical stuff (AE Max) is always in their SC location; which requires a transfer of items to be done to get to my neighboring store.

*note- I'm not in the Santa Clara region, thus that store isn't my neighboring store*

Archived