Is this true Green Gas?

Reload

Having problems with my Desert Eagle which is supposed to operate on green gas. What I wanted to check was that the gas I'm using is actually proper green gas.

I read 134a = 60PSI and Green = 80PSI. So is the stated 65 -75 PSI output too weak?

BTW: The exact make is HCI Green Power Airgun Gas

I am not sure about that maby if cant find anythinbg on it send it in, if nothing eals works, If you got to www.redwolfairsoft.com they have a thing where you can email them with a qestion and they will reply with a answer with in 24 hours or soemthing like that. :blink:

And the answer will probably be BS. The only thing I'd trust Redwolf to get right is the price.

[edit]

Might as well post something constructive as well... :P

According to my little graph, HFC134a should give 60 Psi at 15°C. HFC22 should give about 100 Psi at the same temperature.

Some companies label 134a as "green" gas because it's environmentally friendly, rather than because it's traditional "green gas". I'd say that's what you've got.

Pukka Green gas should give you 60 Psi at 0°C and 80 Psi at about 10°C

What is your D.E. doing or not doing with this gas?

It's just dumping all the gas out on the first shot in one big release which ends up pusshing the BB a few feet at most and sometimes blows the slide back, sometimes not. Either way, it doesn't matter as there are no further shots after the first because all the gas is gone.

The gun itself seems fine though. It's lubed nicely and the internals check out with the parts schematic. The magazine isn't leaking either, I fill it up fully and I also warm up the mags in my hands afterward before shooting. I've followed all the advice and instructions. I really don't get it. Last ditch thought was "maybe it's the gas?"

When the inner hammer hits the gas release valve the hammer is supposed to snap back up. It sounds like your hammer is continously pushing in the valve causing all the gas to escape. How old or how long have you had the D.E.? Could be a broken spring on the inner hammer or may have slipped out of place. You may have to start stripping the gun to find the cause. I doubt it's the gas type though. It sounds more like a mechanical problem.

When the inner hammer hits the gas release valve the hammer is supposed to snap back up. It sounds like your hammer is continously pushing in the valve causing all the gas to escape. How old or how long have you had the D.E.? Could be a broken spring on the inner hammer or may have slipped out of place. You may have to start stripping the gun to find the cause. I doubt it's the gas type though. It sounds more like a mechanical problem.

Hmm......well it doesn't do that. The inner hammer only goes back when the slide moves backward which I thought was how it operated. Pull trigger>inner hammer strikes gas valve on mag>gas escapes and instantly blows back slide>thus inner hammer is reset. ????

It arrived 2 days ago from Uncompany. I've tried contacting them but no response.

It's the KWC CO2 version by the way. I'm gonna try it with some CO2 cannies and if that doesn't work then..........well I don't exactly know.

I think you'll find that the problem is blowback related.

The striker only presses in the gas valve until the slide moves back and recocks the hammer. Obviously, the slide isn't doing its job and recocking the hammer so the striker can press up against the gas valve long enough to empty the mag.

Does the gun cycle smoothly by hand?

If it does then I'd strip down the blowback chamber and ensure it's all working properly. That's probably where the fault lies.

Alternatively, it might be the rubber seal on the top of the mag. If that isn't sealing properly then maybe not enough gas is getting into the blowback chamber to cycle the gun.

Either way, it's a blowback problem.

I think you'll find that the problem is blowback related.

The striker only presses in the gas valve until the slide moves back and recocks the hammer. Obviously, the slide isn't doing its job and recocking the hammer so the striker can press up against the gas valve long enough to empty the mag.

Does the gun cycle smoothly by hand?

If it does then I'd strip down the blowback chamber and ensure it's all working properly. That's probably where the fault lies.

Alternatively, it might be the rubber seal on the top of the mag. If that isn't sealing properly then maybe not enough gas is getting into the blowback chamber to cycle the gun.

Either way, it's a blowback problem.

Aye, that's what I thought, it does seem like it's the blowback that's causing the problem. But anyway, I've stripped it down and all internals seem to check out (only thing I couldn't check for certain was the mag valve but the mag definitely isn't leaking and if I operate it by hand, tapping the valve, it works). That's why I thought the gas might just not be powerful enough to shift the slide and that that was the root of the most likely cause of disfunction: the lack of swift blowback action. CO2 still hasn't arrived and I guess that's the make or break factor now.

Oh, haha, it's the KWC CO2 DE, and you try to run it on normal green gas mags? I read in another thread a user tried exactly the same, it didn't work.

I think you'll find when you use the CO2 magazine, it'll work as it should.

I'm guessing the hammer spring on the CO2 DE is so strong that it dumps all the gas from a normal green gas magazine in one shot.

edit: err wait, YOU were that other user. Why start a second thread on the same subject? :huh:

Archived