Chinese MBUS clones

Svack

Just saw this on airsoft news:

"One of the (anonymous, at least for time being) Chinese manufacturers announced unlicensed copies of MBUS (Magpul Back Up Sights). Apparently, price is very low, only 17 USD for front and rear sight. Picture is clickable.

EDIT: this one probably won't be offered in any stores, further info on aimaomao5@ gmail.com With thanks to Anon for this update."

acm_mbus_1012.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would they come in black?

---------------

Why does everything come in green/FDE or whatever? Green is so pointless. I mean if your standing in the middle of the woods, what would you rather be wearing? Green or black? Why do you think hunters wear orange? Obviously so the animals wont see them.

Writing that just made me a bit dumber...

That's funny since the Magpul MBUSs aren't even released yet for real steel guns.

Not officially released, but there's been quite a few pre-production pieces floating about. It's not that hard to get them so long as you can stomach the ridiculous premium for them. The cloners probably procured one of the pre-pros, which based off the pre-pro UBR should be identical to the full on production version minus the packaging (which obviously the cloners care little about).

It's at times like this I wish I read other languages:

http://www.5ku.cc/Show.aspx?PID=676

Babelfish gives me:

Trade name: Around the nylon folds

Commodity brand:

Measuring unit: Wrap

Current price on market: 200.00

Member price: 200.00

Commodity grading:

Integral: 0

root: 337

Product Name: Nylon folding-style front/rear sights