TSI Armories Tavor assault rifle discussion

Horsem4n

Since i have a DEEP interest in getting my hands on a Tavor, i have been talking about it in other topics. a TSI rep has taken up posting news about his replica and an abundent of info i wanted to know has been answered and i feel like grouping it here.

a few bits of info about the line is that a TAR 21 and STAR 21 have been anounced. they both will have a fully programmable mosfet system and can support up to 35 amp discharge lipo. the battery space is big enough for any large type battery (large Tamiya connectors), so feel free to run it on the larges lipo you can find so you only have to charge it once a year ;). the body is fiber filled nylon with steel and aluminum parts. QD gearbox (version 3) with takedown as close to the real gun as possable. the STAR 21 will have a DBC barrel and the TAR 21 will have a madbull V2 precision barrel.

price so far has been anounced to be in the 500 dollar (usd) range and we should have a release date and the rest of the info in the next 3 weeks.

excuse spelling issues please.

no, havent heard anything other than tah they are making available the real sight and they are producing a cheaper version.

BTW, the STAR comes with a bipod!

referance pic of the STAR (pic is of the real gun, it is from world.guns.ru)

tavor_04.jpg

normal TAR has a shorter scope rail and no bipod.

You will be able to convert from TAR to CTAR by way of a convertible barrel... i.e. you unscrew the barrel extension.

Which is good news to me, I rather prefer the looks of the CTAR to the TAR, and I'm perfectly happy with 15 inches of barrel.

Yeah, standard mags.

Attached is a pic of my favorite config. Don't remember where I got the pic. Might have been militaryphotos.net.

15" barrel, TA33 ACOG with killflash, and some kind of bipod on the sides, kind of like the tango down bipod.

post-4291-1229122859_thumb.jpg

Since i have a DEEP interest in getting my hands on a Tavor, i have been talking about it in other topics. a TSI rep has taken up posting news about his replica and an abundent of info i wanted to know has been answered and i feel like grouping it here.

a few bits of info about the line is that a TAR 21 and STAR 21 have been anounced. they both will have a fully programmable mosfet system and can support up to 35 amp discharge lipo. the battery space is big enough for any large type battery (large Tamiya connectors), so feel free to run it on the larges lipo you can find so you only have to charge it once a year ;) . the body is fiber filled nylon with steel and aluminum parts. QD gearbox (version 3) with takedown as close to the real gun as possable. the STAR 21 will have a DBC barrel and the TAR 21 will have a madbull V2 precision barrel.

price so far has been anounced to be in the 500 dollar (usd) range and we should have a release date and the rest of the info in the next 3 weeks.

excuse spelling issues please.

A TAVOR was announced?! :o

*passes out*

Man, have I been living under a rock! :P

Too bad I won't have any cash to invest in one... Mah SCAR's takin' all mah monies.

• 2 weeks later...

C=the discharge capacity. Sort of.

Basically to get the actual discharge of a battery, you multiple the "C" rating, by the capacity in amps.

Example: a 7.4v 20c 2000mah lipo. 20x2=40Amps. Thats a decent pack, but fairly small as lipo go. Its not uncommon to see packs much higher. I can get an Elite 11.1v lipo, thats 35c and 5000mah. The size is about that of a large battery, but it happens to put out a ridiculous 175Amps. :P THATs why I saw 35a is not a huge thing for lipo.

To put things in perspective NiCd/Nimh are usually around 10c. A standard 4200mah pack can put out 40 or so amps by itself.

All it means is that the gun needs 35amp to run at 100%. My G36 seems to be about 30amp at 300fps and i'm using a battery that provided 50amp but that didn't kill the gearbox. Just because a battery can supply 50amp does mean the gun will draw that much, it's why LiPos last so much longer than similar physically sized nicads.

35 Amp draw sounds like the initial rotor lock draw of a well built(systema tolerance or better) and electrically upgraded gun(wires, soldering,fet). It seems acceptable but considering Elite 35C(continuous) 2200 Mah batts are $40ish its questionable. Besides the fact that i dont see lipo benefits if indeed the battery compartment is as large as is said.

It can only handle 35 amp? Thats hardly worth boasting about given that most decent lipo put out 50-100+amps continuous.

It doesn't matter. The gun will only draw the power it needs. Even if a battery is discharging at 50amps, and the gun only needs 35amps, the gun will only draw 35amps. Pretty neat, huh? :D

if you take off the barrel extension and cut down the barrel (or buy a shorter one) its all of the sudden an MTAR dude.

EDIT:meh, my bad, i was thinking of the CTAR. but no, there hasnt been any news on an MTAR.

as a mater of fact, there hasnt been any new news in the gun in the last 3 weeks. we may hear something tasty in the next one.

Archived