Socom Gear- Daniel Defense AR15 Lite RAS Rail

littlesniper101

DD7RAS_12small.jpg

Handguard rails:

This handguard ras rail system is fully licensed by Daniel Defense.

We are using the same manufacturing process with the Aircraft grade Aluminum handguard rail.

With 1:1 dimension and affordable price, we guaranteed you don't want to buy the China copies again.

Note: Our rail doesn't have holes for gas tube. Can't fit on real rifles.

Features:

FOR AIRSOFT USE ONLY

Licensed by Daniel Defense Inc.

100% CNC made free float picatinny handguard

High strength aircaft grade aluminium construction

Barrel nut and mounting bolts included

Barrel nut wrench is requried for installation

“Bolt up” system allows rock-solid continuus upper rail platform

DESIGNED IN U.S.A. BY J.C.

MEMBER OF MADBULL DESIGNERS GROUP

Source-

http://www.airsoftreview.net/viewtopic.php?p=546#546

Barrel nut wrench is requried for installation

If the barrel nuts on the replicas are anything like the RS DD barrel nuts, I don't think regular barrel nut wrenches will work with it. I know on my own RS DD lite rails I had to use a strap wrench until I got a DD wrench.

I wonder if this will have the "Made in Taiwan" printed on it like on the Noveske Rails. Regardless, the Madbull/SocomGear Noveske Rail is probably one of the nicest quality Airsoft Replica Rails I've ever seen.

If the barrel nuts on the replicas are anything like the RS DD barrel nuts, I don't think regular barrel nut wrenches will work with it. I know on my own RS DD lite rails I had to use a strap wrench until I got a DD wrench.

I wonder if this will have the "Made in Taiwan" printed on it like on the Noveske Rails. Regardless, the Madbull/SocomGear Noveske Rail is probably one of the nicest quality Airsoft Replica Rails I've ever seen.

Pretty sure its going to have made in Taiwan on the rail but meh, its so small it hardly matters even to me, a purist that loves his trademarks.

I currently have a G&P RIS II rail on my m4 build that im skirmishing with and im debating replacing it with one of these SG units. I really shouldnt considering they're basically the same thing but i like supporting madbull and i like the quality of their work. If they release these in FDE im all over it. The only issue that ive got is that they probably wont be compatible with G&P uppers. Shucks!

Note: Our rail doesn't have holes for gas tube. Can't fit on real rifles.

Suck balls.. What is the purpose on having sex rail and then no gastube.. Guess one of the reason why I buy the real thing. also to have the re-sell value higher.

any price yet?

Suck balls.. What is the purpose on having sex rail and then no gastube.. Guess one of the reason why I buy the real thing. also to have the re-sell value higher.

I thought that these can use gas tubes, except they need to be cut down a bit as the hole isn't drilled all the way through.

so are these original DD rails just branded "made in taiwan" and without the gastube hole ... ?

Might just be done like the magpul products. sister company that make them using the same process but just lower quality metal/plastic

And the gastube opening not being there.. Is probably so AR users don`t start buying clones instead of the real product since they probably could take the use.

any price yet?

I would wait and see the finished product. The Noveske rail was listed as not being able to fit a gas tube as well. But when I got mine(from a U.S. distributor)I had no problems with fitting the gas tube.

The lack of a gas tube hole is to prevent this from cannabilizing sales of actual DD units. This is most certainly not a DD product.

It's great and all that some airsoft manufacturers are trying to stop just blatantly copying US manufacturers, but there is no way companies will agree to allow you to make copies without compromise. No trades, no gas tube hole means this is not as attractive to the sim airsofter as those $70ish ACM DD products that look spot on. Many could care less that this is an "officially licensed product."

Keep in mind when you actually buy a rail unit from an American company, especially guys like DD, you're not just buying the rail, but also customer service and a pretty damn good warranty, which honestly is close to nonexistent with anything related to airsoft.

A new DD replica for airsoft? Cool :)

I was looking for a monolithic platform solution for my custom, but since I was using a DYTAC Vltor MUR, some handguard needed modifications :( like the troy.

Now I see there's two kind of DD RIS, the lite rail by Madbull, fully licensed, and the acm one, MK18 RIS 2 replica.

The Lite rail looks better IMO but there is cons about that handguard:

-no gas tube :( but this issue can be fixed

-"for airsoft only" markings :wide-eyed:

-Some weird looking machining : (I hope it's only a first batch problem or something like that)

8e299ca1df414d58b0edd91yr7.jpg

And the last issue, wich is not a real problem, you can't seperate the rail into upper and lower (the real one cannot either) but it could be easier for users like me who uses batteries in the handguard. (mk18ris2 can)

But man, this is one hell of a rail, I will surely get one, as they say the price is about the same as the ACM ones. :o

that blemish is an injection molding mark i thinks. i have yet to handle the socom gear dd rail but it certainly doesnt look cnc'd to me - - - just my 2 cents

edit: spelling

some companies can claim an item is cnc even though it's moulded if the product is cast/extruded fist then the holes cnced into the product, that way they save on material cost and manufacture time

Archived