SYSTEMA Revolution Gearbox at US RETAILERS

chillindrdude

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it may be expensive, but remember? redwolf said they are supposed to be 500... in HK...

That was the MSRP i believe. We were all expecting it to be just a bit cheaper.

I dunno, with the release of the new TM m4 im holding back on this. My conventional AEG's are fine enough for me. I was really and i mean really excited about this product up until the date that i found out about the new marui m4.

Hope to read review of this fairly soon although ive already owned ptw's so im pretty sure i know how this one is going to pan out.

That was the MSRP i believe. We were all expecting it to be just a bit cheaper.

I dunno, with the release of the new TM m4 im holding back on this. My conventional AEG's are fine enough for me. I was really and i mean really excited about this product up until the date that i found out about the new marui m4.

Hope to read review of this fairly soon although ive already owned ptw's so im pretty sure i know how this one is going to pan out.

550 was the MSRP. redwolf said they'd sell them for aroud 500.

How it's a "PTW" in the slightest I don't know - It's just another GB.

its not "just another gearbox" but it does use the same type of gears. it uses a light activted mosfet system (build in, but not sure of the advantages on the light activated part), a practically indestructible piston, no tapet plate to worry about and a metal selector.

Research much...

As the chap said: Light gate mosfet of fancyness +1, Piston Of Indestructibilty +1, No Tappet Plate Perk and +1 Gear.

Supposed to give you a PTW in a non PTW shell.

So yeah, not really just another gearbox.

Rev_Action.jpg

its made out of the same stuff and is of the same dimensions as a PTW piston. how many of those have you heard of breaking?

Ive seen a few strip but TheWarStore has sold a ridiculous number of PTW's, so some are bound to have a problem, but they were all with the "challenge kit" so you can write that off to personal failure.

But the gearset is the awesome part, the gearbox is designed to allow the gears to be bigger and stronger, and they are actual machined hardened steel gears not this fake garbage, I haven't seen one with the slightest bit of wear beyond the finish scratching off a little, and that was after fielding it for a year with the red cylinder.

"lolz" for "quoting" ":3"

to compensate for the smaller piston, the spring has become thinner aswell, but they are still capable of the same power levels.

the 3 other gears below the first gear are removable to install a normal sized bevel and sector gear (i think i have my gears mixed up) for lower power setups. you see, the 4 gear setups allow all high torque setting to be used in the same gear set allowing to pull back any power you can imagine with a moderate rate of fire.

Properly tuned systems assembled with quality parts won't have the piston fail. That's a weak argument. Better to trumpet the actual unique features than to claim that the piston is god.

And, of course, there are cynics like me who remember the original Systema red piston, and the epic failure that resulted.

*edit - added the bold. Parts are key.

i can surely say this against any cynic:

the systema revolution is a gift from (place your upmost holy god here) passed down through the minds of systema's design team to last a literal eternity without a single breakage or lockup in whatever gun you put it in.

quote me on that.

[/joking]

Archived