AUG H-BAR All steel Conversion kit

chas

A new company (only 4 products so far) is making an excellent entrance into the bussiness by makking the first reasonabily priced H_Bar kit (Boomarms' costs 360$).

This is Hexagon Production and, apart from some internal upgraded parts for the Well MB-01 sniper rifle, they thought it was about a time someone made an affordable H-Bar kit for the AUG. The H-Bar version of the AUG is the light machine gun from Steyr and its only external differences are the longer barrel, muzzle device, bipod and longer (40 rounds?) magazine.

Here's the kit at Gunners:

http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/produ...roducts_id=1369

And the HP (also an acronym for "hijo de puta", spanish for SOB) website:

http://www.hexagonproduction.com/catalog/index.php

AUG_20H_20BAR.jpg

hbar.jpg

There goes the value of my Boom arms kit

Win some, you lose some I guess.

I feel for you Skip', I really do.

Pretty much all of my limited edition kits have been cloned since china hit the market :(

No such thing as an investment anymore.

I've considered a BoomArms kit in the past and no reason not to purchase one of these beasties if it's a better price! Do it people!

There goes the value of my Boom arms kit

Win some, you lose some I guess.

imho i don't think so, as yours is the original boom arms kit and therefore it should mean its worth more than some mass produced ACM kit

(i hope you can get what im trying to say, i seemingly suck at translating what's in my head into words)

The long Steyr mags are 42-round capacity (don't ask me why, some Austrian thought it was a good idea).

Good to see more accessories coming out for the AUG. Pity no-one makes these things as whole barrels instead of kits that need you to cut up an existing barrel...

I find it hard to believe the quality will be anything close to the Boom Arms kit if the price is so much lower. Also, not sure I believe the claim that it's so easy to fit, given how much of a mission the Boom Arms conversion was.

Will be interested to hear from anyone who actually gets one of these.

The item offered is a replacement for the outer part of the AUG barrel. You'll still need to use the rest of the AUG barrel section - foregrip/gas block, foregrip, internal barrel shroud, hop-up unit, etc, etc. You'll also need a replacement inner barrel (650mm for the Boom Arms kit).

What I meant was that it would be nice for companies to produce and market a complete drop-in barrel, so you can keep the existing barrel intact and swap between the two as needed without having to find another AUG and destroy it to steal its barrel parts.

My thoughts exactly hedge :)

If I wasn't thinking of making a HBAR (rather than an HBAR-T) then I'd be a bit miffed at having to source a gas block, front handle and the rear half of the outer barrel in order to be able to "hot-swap" beween this kit and my Phantom kit on my existing AUG.

The item offered is a replacement for the outer part of the AUG barrel. You'll still need to use the rest of the AUG barrel section - foregrip/gas block, foregrip, internal barrel shroud, hop-up unit, etc, etc. You'll also need a replacement inner barrel (650mm for the Boom Arms kit).

What I meant was that it would be nice for companies to produce and market a complete drop-in barrel, so you can keep the existing barrel intact and swap between the two as needed without having to find another AUG and destroy it to steal its barrel parts.

Ahh, Okay. I thought you meant something like that :) Yes, that would be very nice indeed. But me personally have one AUG just laying around, so it'll come to more use with this kit when I buy it :)

This is sweet but I have to agree with Hedge. When is someone going to make a complete drop-in barrel? I did the shorty conversion on mine and it was a bit of a hassle, there was a new hopup to assemble and quite a bit of dremeling that had to be done. I can't see how this conversion would be any easier.

Ain't it just to:

*Remove the barrel assembly from the receiver.

*Remove the front handle.

*Remove the grub screw under the folding handle.

*Remove the gasblock thingi.

*Slide the barrel out

Atleast that's what I just did...No need to fiddle around with the hop up or innerbarrel. And as far as I can see, this kit looks identical to my barrel I'm holding in my hand(though no bipod and shorter barrel and muzzle hider of course) Took about one minute. Add another minute for reassemble.

It's a JG AUG.

Jesus H. Christ give me strength - why can't you people get your heads around the fact that the AUG barrel *SECTION* includes the entire barrel, hop-up unit, inner barrel, foregrip, gas block and everything else? And this kit is NOT that.

This kit is about *HALF* a barrel section. If you were to buy it thinking that at the end you'd have an AUG with TWO barrels that you could swap between, then you'd be very disappointed at the end of the day.

The AUG is a *MODULAR* weapon system, that's the point. That's the point of my Project AUG - to have all the barrel optinos so I can swap them around as I see fit. In order to achieve this, I've had to destroy a complete rifle every time I created a new barrel, because no-one makes the complete barrel assembly, they only make the bit in front of the foregrip.

PLEASE tell me that you folks understand what I'm talking about now?????

Edit - Terran seems to get it, thanks mate.

Yes. I understand perfectly Oh thy high king.

I was referring "TerranCmdr" who said, and I qoute:

"I did the shorty conversion on mine and it was a bit of a hassle, there was a new hopup to assemble and quite a bit of dremeling that had to be done. I can't see how this conversion would be any easier."

I know that noone makes a complete BARREL SECTION, and I have always known that...

Whenever AUGs are in question, tempers seem to flare... :)

At any rate, I'm hoping to see someone review this kit, as I've always been very fond of making an HBAR for my AUG and making it myself hasn't exactly gone well so far. (the guy I got a custom flash hider from (dobey) made it too small and won't make it again for me.)

Archived