eco-friendly silencer/loudener

heroshark

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i remember seeing this ages ago but cant think where, reminds me of the silencer he uses in the movie "shooter"

They actually exist in real life for "cleaning pruposes" but even the ATF saw through that lie and classified them as silencers a few years ago.

btpetflascesizedpv7.jpg

So I wouldn't buy this if you have a real firearm chambered in 14mmccw ;)

Any idea how loud it would make a typical AEG sound?

I can imagine pretty dang loud, but it would be a weird "blump" sound, try cutting a bottle like shown and try it out, you dont need the adapter to tape a bottle to the barrel.

I think that this product is made of epic fail. If you watch the video on youtube of the product, the sound "dampening" and "loudning" is negotiable at best. There is no sound difference. If you buy this product, you'll not only look like a fool, but you'll be a fool for spending the $15 for the product. Just save up and get a better more realistic mock silencer.

Anyone want to lose realism here?

Good choice if you do ...

D

Realism of what exactly? I thought plastic bottles have been used as makeshift suppressor/gas expansion chambers in guerrilla warfare for some time.

I think that this product is made of epic fail. If you watch the video on youtube of the product, the sound "dampening" and "loudning" is negotiable at best.

Because the audio quality of a crappy handheld camera is unfailing, right, RIGHT?

Realism of what exactly? I thought plastic bottles have been used as makeshift suppressor/gas expansion chambers in guerrilla warfare for some time.

Exactly. While Madbull themselves admit this is a crazy sort of joke-product, I think this is actually a pretty cool device, and there's nothing unrealistic about it.

Of course, buying a specialized adapter for ghetto-suppressors isn't very ghetto, but it makes it easier to switch between elitist pig and ghetto suppressors. Good stuff.

Of course, buying a specialized adapter for ghetto-suppressors isn't very ghetto, but it makes it easier to switch between elitist pig and ghetto suppressors. Good stuff.

To complete the effect you could set some cotton on fire and drop it in the plastic bottle until it goes out to brown/slightly bubble it which one would assume would happen.

The price isnt bad for a threaded adapter, and who wouldn't want a 2 or 3 litre trumpet on an ak?

Isn't the sound mostly(98%) from the gearbox, so wouldn't doing this-well, not really do much?

A lot of noise is from the gearbox, but there's also a lot of noise from the muzzle. This might not reduce the report by a noticeable amount (if that's what you're going for, and not just leaving it hollow to make the AEG pop louder). Whether or not silencers are effective in airsoft remains a debatable subject.

Whether or not silencers are effective in airsoft remains a debatable subject.

I hate to disagree, but TM's Mk.23 is a prime example of a suppressor's effectiveness in airsoft. Now granted it's NBB, which takes care of all the cycle's clanking and whatnot, and it works more like a real suppressor by containing the gas following the BB whereas a suppressed AEG wouldn't benefit... but hey, at least there's one example of functional airsoft suppressors. :)

Archived