WE Gas Blow Back M4 - CO2 Magazine Proto Type

Airsoft Buddy

Dear ALL,

WE just launched the WE GBB M4 CO2 magazine proto type for testing. I've took some photos today and share now share with you guys. According to WE's reply, the launch date will postpone to around after 2 months. Please take a look to the photos first.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kcyauwil/WEGas...gazineProtoType#

Thanks

Airsoft Buddy

Dear ALL,

WE just launched the WE GBB M4 CO2 magazine proto type for testing. I've took some photos today and share now share with you guys. According to WE's reply, the launch date will postpone to around after 2 months. Please take a look to the photos first.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kcyauwil/WEGas...gazineProtoType#

Thanks

Airsoft Buddy

AB did they mention anything about the Cost?

I thought they were going to be filled like the GBB's,I don't

like the powerlet setup.Will they have one your can fill like

the grenades?. :(

Why would you want that? That would require another setup, with a valve etc. Now you can just take some of those 12gr caps with you in a pocket and simply insert them while they're empty. Couldn't get any easier.

BTW, all GBBs on CO2 use this principle, because it would just be too complicated otherwise.

Well there are some places that sell it the CO2 powerlets for 50 cents each. I saw a bulk buy on several websites where it was $50 for 100.

Anyway, the bigger question if if these CO2 mags let you adjust the FPS to suit your needs. Please answer this question AirsoftBuddy! :D

Well there are some places that sell it the CO2 powerlets for 50 cents each. I saw a bulk buy on several websites where it was $50 for 100.

Anyway, the bigger question if if these CO2 mags let you adjust the FPS to suit your needs. Please answer this question AirsoftBuddy! :D

Well....for example. We tested this CO2 mag with a WE GBB M4. The standard mag can provide around 330 - 350fps. But when we test the CO2 mag, the power can goes to around 370fps. The power is increased and the bolt back action is more solid and powerful. Of course, it depands on what bolt set that you're using. So that, WE will launch few different power bolt sets later in the market. As I know WE will do more custom upper receiver sets for sell in the market.

Test result:

1. power increased

2. bolt action is more solid

3. power is more stable

4. can shoot around 2 times (30round x 2) for each 12g bottle

Anyway, now you're watching the proto type, so many places are need to improve. I will report to all you when I got any news and 2nd proto type.

Thanks

Airsoft Buddy

Could you find out if WE is planning to release any new versions of the WE M4 anytime soon? And if they do, will there also be an "AFC custom" version with grey finishing and Colt trademarks?

As we know, WE now is preparing the CO2 mags. So now only available the AFC version in the market. But later, they will launch more models for GBB in the market.

Re the "Why dont they design it so you fill the mags from a bulk source?"

well

A You're mags entire gas rervoir is then going to have to be engineered to contain high pressure gas - rather than just the gas block at top of the mag with the steel caplet and a small retaining cap taking care of the rest.

B For that to be any more useful than a pocket worth of caplets you'ld need to be lugging around a suitable container for that bulk fill CO2 and have a source to get it filled..at which point you arent far off just hooking a regulator and hose onto the end of it and plugging it into a (cheap AEG mag compatible) SP

Anyways, in UK caplets are something like 30-odd quid per 100 (might have gone up since i last looked) which on basis of their figures gives you 200 mags worth of shots, so I guess the real-terms cost comparison is going to be that 200 mags worth of co2 caplets versus how many mag fills 30-odd quids worth of (smelly) propane or (expensive but non-stinky) green gas wou'ld get you.

So that, WE will launch few different power bolt sets later in the market. As I know WE will do more custom upper receiver sets for sell in the market.

Any more details on this? Other than WE, do you know of anyone else planning to make aftermarket parts?

good to see more news on these things.

i can get capsules for $0.25. a cool thing to see would be a refillable capsule so i can use my larger tank to fill them so instead of buying 20 capsules for $5 i can buy a refill of my 20oz tank for $5.

Looks nice.

About the only thing that concerns me is the screw cap... Firstly, while I think the idea of using the base-plate as a removal tool is rather creative, a stuck cap or a bit too much torque while trying to work quickly could easily deform an aluminum base-plate, rendering it unusable (as either a base-plate or an improvised cap removal tool). Secondly, that little cap looks like it could be very easy to lose while changing cartridges in the field. Yeah, I know - it's bigger than is looks... But when trying to juggle 12g cartridges, magazine parts, and whatever else a player might have in their hands while in the middle of a game, it'd be pretty easy to drop - and depending on where it lands, it may never be seen again.

If I were designing it, I'd probably make the screw cap and base plate a 1-piece, polymer (or FRP), "ranger-plate"/screw cap combo (using a spring-loaded detent in the mag base, so that when the plate is tightened down it locks into position)... 1 piece to keep track of, easy to handle (even with gloved hands), large enough to find easily if dropped, no need for tools (regular or improvised) to swap 12g cartridges, cheap to manufacture (and to replace if necessary), provides both a CO2 screw cap and mag-pull in one, avoids metal on metal friction or binding on the threads, and would be less likely to damage the internal magazine threads if improperly threaded (such as while trying to quickly swap 12g cartridges during a skirmish).

tbh Id be more concerned about cross threading the tube that the retaining plug screws into than losing any of the bits

I can vaguely remember brocock making refillable 12g caplets at one stage - trouble was by time they beefed them up for refil use (which meant beefing them up internally as the external dimensions are fixed standard size) AND added a fill valve into the space that was left, then there wasnt a whole lot of room left over for CO2 - prolly more like 6g per caplet than the original 12. Dont think they were around for long either

Looks nice.

About the only thing that concerns me is the screw cap... Firstly, while I think the idea of using the base-plate as a removal tool is rather creative, a stuck cap or a bit too much torque while trying to work quickly could easily deform an aluminum base-plate, rendering it unusable (as either a base-plate or an improvised cap removal tool). Secondly, that little cap looks like it could be very easy to lose while changing cartridges in the field. Yeah, I know - it's bigger than is looks... But when trying to juggle 12g cartridges, magazine parts, and whatever else a player might have in their hands while in the middle of a game, it'd be pretty easy to drop - and depending on where it lands, it may never be seen again.

If I were designing it, I'd probably make the screw cap and base plate a 1-piece, polymer (or FRP), "ranger-plate"/screw cap combo (using a spring-loaded detent in the mag base, so that when the plate is tightened down it locks into position)... 1 piece to keep track of, easy to handle (even with gloved hands), large enough to find easily if dropped, no need for tools (regular or improvised) to swap 12g cartridges, cheap to manufacture (and to replace if necessary), provides both a CO2 screw cap and mag-pull in one, avoids metal on metal friction or binding on the threads, and would be less likely to damage the internal magazine threads if improperly threaded (such as while trying to quickly swap 12g cartridges during a skirmish).

But why would you be changing capsules in the middle of a skirmish? It would be unlikely that you'd run out of CO2 before BBs, and if you have enough time to reload 30 BBs by hand or with a loader won't you have enough time to be at least fairly careful reloading CO2?

my only concern is the baseplate. How does it lock on?

You mean how the baseplate locks onto the magazine? From the videos, it seems like any old magazine, by sliding into a groove provided by those "finger" extensions from the magazine body.

Well yeah I know that. What I meant was other than being held on by friction; are there any other pressure mechs that hold it in.

Does not seem like it. The CO2 capsule screws in, so it doesn't rely on support from the baseplate. I guess they could add a screw for security in the final product, but that'd make changing capsules take longer.

Archived