TM Sig P226 Chronicle

Or not. :P

So, because of UPS's incompetence, had to make a trip to their pick-up center to pick up my new Tokyo Marui Sig Sauer P226. That's right, it's finally here. :P So I guess it's time for me to write yet another take on this new GBB.

After playing with it for a while, however, I realized that I really have not much to add to the existing reviews of the P226 such as

partyboy's review,

Marcus's review,

Utty's review,

or some of the other initial reviews. :P

Thus, I decide to just group all the above reviews in this one place for easy access, and add some of my own thoughts. For more detailed and in depth reviews, refer to the above.

The P226 with the mag in is almost the exact weight of the real steel with empty mag in, and I don't feel it to be light even without the mag in.

I found the grip to be very comfortable, and it actually feels leaner to hold than the TM P228 springer (I feel the P228 springer's grip is rather 'fat').

The rear sight on mine does not look as horrible as the one on Utty's, but I don't have a picture of that at the moment.

I heard others say the mag holds 25 BBs. Not for me, my mag holds 23 BBs max.

Accuracy is one of the best among all the GBBs I've shot. Like Utty said in his review, there are too many random factors affecting accuracy, so numbers may not make sense, but if I have to choose one of my GBBs (TM Sig P226, KSC G17, KSC USP compact, KJW 1911A1, KJW M9, and Maruzen P99) to go to a target shooting competition, I'd certainly pick the Sig.

Haven't measured the power, but from the target shooting, it does not feel too under powered.

Trigger pull is as Utty said, not so smooth. On SA position, it's hardly a problem because the pull is quite short. On DA position, the trigger pull is quite hard, but since it has no safety (not counting the Marui safety integrated in the take down lever), the hard SA pull acts as a safety.

Lastly, the cosmetics, the slide finish is beautiful. However, there is a visible seam line through the lower frame, but it does not annoy me at all, especially after you handled the P228 springer. :P

sigs1.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Utty. I'll see what I can do, but my test range is generally limited by my flat range. :P

Here's the picture of that seam on my rear sight, I guess it does look worse in the picture than it really is. :P

rearsight.jpg

And personally, if I had to be distracted by a seam, I find the seam on the back of the grip more distracting

seamback.jpg

than the seam under the frame. :P

seamunder.jpg

I guess if you are really picky about things like Snowman, you may find the seam around the tip of the slide unacceptable too. :P

barrelseam.jpg

For me, all those seams don't mean much once I hit the bull's eye. :)

Edited by Shao14
Then this will suit you fine :D

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk//news/september02/la/mbgr.jpg

Me - I prefer my airsoft to look as realistic as possible.

Cheers.

WOW! :blink: This is got to be a BEST sniper rifle! :lol: I'm concerned with its range though, I wonder how hard I can blow this thing. :P

Of course I prefer it to be as realistic as possible too, but considering my desire for a P226, and the current makes available, this is as good as it gets in terms of both build quality and performance. :)

Edited by Shao14

All right back on the range test: the longest diagonal I can find in my place is about 30 feet. So I set up a target at that distance, used 134a gas, 0.2g BBs, room temp about 20 degrees or maybe a bit less. The gas was in the mag overnight, and didn't warm the mag to body temp. Used two hand weaver style grip, and shot six times down range all on DA with a short pause in between shots.

The result: 3 shots landed inside the 1" ring around the center of the target, 2 shots inside the 2" ring, and the other shot in the 3" ring. :)

I took out my KSC G17 with metal upgrade, stock KSC USP Compact, to compare with the stock TM P226. Used 134a gas in all three. Targets are set at 15 feet, my living room length. Two hand weaver grip, paced shot, full mag (P226: 23, G17: 23, USPc: 21). Please excuse the targets. :P (recycling is good, saves trees, that's what I'm told. :P) The holes where BB went through the paper were highlighted in red for easier ID.

post-875-1114921249_thumb.jpg

post-875-1114921268_thumb.jpg

post-875-1114921289_thumb.jpg

Want to see the TM Sig P226 in action before you buy yours? The wait is over. Here's a short video showing the gun in action. :)

Download both files (3 MB and 2.71 MB), and unzip them back into one avi file, and enjoy. :)

http://home.ripway.com/2005-5/299071/TM_Sig_P226_part.z01

http://home.ripway.com/2005-5/299071/TM_Sig_P226_part.zip

My P226 also seems to be shooting a little bit to the left. It's not very obvious in the above test, but when I move to the 30 feet range, the grouping is centered slightly, but noticably to the left of the center of the target (about half an inch to an inch).

Here's a target set at about 30 feet, and again the shooting conditions as before, and I highlighted the parts where the BBs tore through the paper.

post-875-1115007754_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shao14

I guess you could say that's one of the P226's biggest weaknesses - fixed sights. Of course, not a real problem at all for a combat pistol, but still, would be nice if they were adjustable sights.

But funny that you say that it shoots to the left - check out X-Fire's test results for one of the first upgrades available for the P226. Slightly tighter grouping at 8 meters range, but it shoots way to the left. Dunno how cool that is.. :P

But funny that you say that it shoots to the left - check out X-Fire's test results for one of the first upgrades available for the P226. Slightly tighter grouping at 8 meters range, but it shoots way to the left. Dunno how cool that is..  :P

Interesting...maybe it was just me not used to the grip and trigger pull on the P226 yet. But half an inch to the left at 30 feet is not too bad. :)

Half an inch to the left at 30 feet, haha no, that can hardly be called bad at all. Minor deviations like that are to be expected, and it's still way better than most other stock GBBs. :)

Half an inch to the left at 30 feet, haha no, that can hardly be called bad at all. Minor deviations like that are to be expected, and it's still way better than most other stock GBBs.  :)

Nope, not bad at all. Grouping is tighter than my other GBBs. :) Maybe I should clean the inner barrel a bit.

edit - couldn't get the video to download tho

Hmm, it works fine from my computer. I'm using firefox, and when I click on the link, it prompts me if I want to save the file. Anyone else had the video download problem? :huh: Maybe their server was temporarily down. I don't know. But if you have gmail, I can email you the video too, just PM me your email address. :)

Doh, I think you'll have to log in my account at ripway to download the files. What a rip off!

Edited by Shao14

Thanks to Tef, now you can download the P226 video by clicking on the following link. :)

i extracted the link for you from that site

so if people want to save the video they can~

rather than having to play in that window [some people doesnt have fast connection will have it buffer at painful rate sad.gif ] so,here

http://x200.putfile.com/videos/a3-12117101054.avi

nice video by the way

Edited by Shao14

Correction: I just realized that the TM P226 mag DOES hold 25 BBs max. I wasn't pushing the spring down all the way. My fault. :blush:

Update: just run my P226 through some green gas, and man, that was FANTASTIC. The kick was even stronger and the muzzle report is much louder. The only other gun might match the P226's kick is the TM DE HK (unfortunately, sold that one to fund the P226. :P). The KJW guns, while good on green gas, but can't really be compared with the P226 on testosterone. :lol:

Anyways, ran some shooting test against the KJW full metal M9 and 1911A1. All on green gas, paced shot, two hand weaver grip, 15' range, room temp about 20 deg C.

P226: 25 rd

M9: 26 rd

1911A1: 12 rd.

post-875-1115259289_thumb.jpg

post-875-1115259303_thumb.jpg

post-875-1115259317_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shao14
Correction:  I just realized that the TM P226 mag DOES hold 25 BBs max.  I wasn't pushing the spring down all the way.  My fault.  :blush:

Update: just run my P226 through some green gas, and man, that was FANTASTIC.  The kick was even stronger and the muzzle report is much louder.  The only other gun might match the P226's kick is the TM DE HK (unfortunately, sold that one to fund the P226. :P).  The KJW guns, while good on green gas, but can't really be compared with the P226 on testosterone. :lol:

Anyways, ran some shooting test against the KJW full metal M9 and 1911A1.  All on green gas, paced shot, two hand weaver grip, 15' range, room temp about 20 deg C.

P226: 25 rd

M9: 26 rd

1911A1: 12 rd.

nice~ that really is shaking my iron will of getting hi-capa ><

just re-do the video, on green gas this time

and then we can compare it :D

Ah, yes, it shall be done.

Done. Here http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=TM_Sig_P226_GreenGas

Or you can download it from http://x200.putfile.com/videos/12411321246.avi

It's 7.09 MB, so be patient if you are on narrow band. :P

This is the P226 running on green gas at room temp. Not sure if you can tell the kick is stronger than running on 134a from the video, but you should be able to tell the muzzle report is louder. :)

Edited by Shao14