KWA glock 17 parts?

Kuutti

Looking around on Airsoft GI today I came across upper and lower recievers for the KWA G17, at $55 each. Apparently you can buy complete upper and lower recievers for them from ASGI.

I know these guns have been discontinued, but looking at this it would be possible to just build a full gun for a little more than the original selling price.

If KWA is still producing separate parts and not full guns, you could still get their glock models this way if you were really desperate for one, although I don't know if they have ceased production on all G series parts or not, or if ASGI just has extras.

Looking around on Airsoft GI today I came across upper and lower recievers for the KWA G17, at $55 each. Apparently you can buy complete upper and lower recievers for them from ASGI.

I know these guns have been discontinued, but looking at this it would be possible to just build a full gun for a little more than the original selling price.

If KWA is still producing separate parts and not full guns, you could still get their glock models this way if you were really desperate for one, although I don't know if they have ceased production on all G series parts or not, or if ASGI just has extras.

Actually those full upper and lower parts have been there for a while. In fact, Evike is stocking them up too. I guess it's another way of selling it, instead of a complete gun.

the kwa g17's are discontinued? since when? one of my local retailers got 2 of them in stock for me in the last couple of months!

Glock has come down hard on retailers who purchase KWA's Glock series. KSC (KWA's parent company) has not actually discontinued their Glock line as far as I know.

Well, I think they'll always be available from overseas, you'll just have to make sure to have the pistols shipped in two different packages to ensure they're not seized (not 100% sure that this'll work, don't take my word on it!).

EDIT: I also just noticed that you're in the UK, Nexus. I'm not sure if Glock has started enforcing its "ban" there yet.

Most sites I have seen list the KWA glock series as "discontinued," including Redwolf in Hong Kong. I was told that KWA used the firearm blueprints from Glock to make some of the components for the airsoft versions, which was most likely in violation of some patent Glock holds. I'm not sure how accurate this information is, but I believe KWA would be in some big trouble if they keep producing the premade G series.

Glock would not target KWA and leave KSC alone – neither of them have any licences to produce replicas of Glock pistols.

KSC G-series among a few other pistols are manufactured at the KWA factory in Taiwan. If anything, it's KSC that has come down on KWA for selling the pistols with their own labels (and slight differences) as well, instead of only acting as an OEM supplier.

-Sale

Archived