ARMY MEU

Praying Mantis

thanks mate!, so this is made for US Marines use specifically or who does use this in real life? if anyone knows, thanks in advance just curious as i dont know much about this model :)

i think SOCOM use it too, here is a wiki on it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEU(SOC)_pistol

The Kimber is just an interm weapon. Some info from the web that may help....

Here is a mini-primer for the 1911 weapons platform in current Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance and Marine Corps Special Operations Command Detachment 1 inventory. These are the facts gathered from articles and commentary by Pat Rogers, the subject matter expert. Pat drew up the specs and requirements for the Kimber MARSOC (ICQB) 1911 for the submission. Be advised that any information given is either paraphrased or directly quoted from Pat's published material.

In the Beginning: The MEU(SOC) 1911

The existing MEU(SOC) 1911 pistols are made by the Marine Corps PWS from existing GI frames in Marine Corps inventory. The frame is stripped and after inspection the feed ramp is polished. The slide is Springfield Armory or Caspian, the barrel Bar-Sto, and the internal parts all commercial from various vendors. A high visibility rear sight, (manufactured in house at PWS) and high visibility front sight are added. The pistol has an ambidextrous thumb safety, and a flat mainspring housing with a lanyard loop. The entire pistol is de-horned and Pachmayer stocks fitted. There is none of the checkering (so favored by artistes) on this pistol. The Videcki trigger is adjusted to a pull of 3.5-5 pounds. The pistol is issued with seven Wilson-Rogers magazines.

The Operators Manual for the Pistol, Caliber .45, MEU(SOC) is TM 00526A-10/1

A New Roll: The Interim CQB Pistol

A request went out for a weapon (Interim CQB Pistol) to be offered that could be "open purchased" via PR&C that met with the specifications and requirements of the Marine Corps Special Operations Command Detachment 1. Kimber responded with the MARSOC 1911. The MARSOC 1911 was delivered and adopted by DET 1 as the interim CQB Pistol and configured as such:

Kimber Series I Custom Classic 5" Gov.

Kimber factory barrel & bushing with loaded chamber indicator

Kimber factory standard length guide rod

Kimber factory ambi safety

Kimber factory hammer, disconnector & sear

Novak Night Sights

MSH with Lanyard loop from Smith & Alexander

Ed Brown grip safety

Simonich Gunner Grips (Coyote Brown)

Dawson Rail

The pistol is issued with seven Wilson-Rogers 47 magazines.

On to the Future: The Improved MEU(SOC)

It has been determined that The Marine Corps PWS is unable to supply the current MEU(SOC) 1911 to the Marine Corps' Special Operations community in needed quantities. As a result, an RFP has been presented to the firearms industry and many commercial variants have been submitted for testing. Very little detail has been released publicly with regards to the requirements in the RFP and what the commercial vendors have submitted for testing and acceptance. A weapon shall be selected once testing is complete and a contract will be rewarded. Once a variant has been selected and the contract awarded, then expect to see the details and configuration of the new weapon released for public review.

As it stands today, these are the ONLY variants of the Marine Corps MEU(SOC) 1911 Pistol, (Known from a civilian perspective) to be issued to the Marine Corps Force Reconnaissance and Special Operations community.

Hope that helps..... Oh and its looks similar to the WE to me.

It should be seeing as their Glock and Detonics are TM copies only in metal.

I can't wait for this to come out, as the Glock (R17) is a nice bit of kit esp for the money.

Is Detonics full metal?? Can anyone who bought one confirm that. I remember asking when it first appeared here in news section and was told it's plastic.

What has that got to do with it? KJW are also TM clone as are JG, some of Cyma and of course most of CA's older guns.

Because Army is a TM clone not a WE all of a sudden it's got nothing to do with WE?

Please, in China everything is from everyone. Why else do dboys, JG, CA and others share the same gears?

All CA's are clones. ;)

the WE Hicapa is a TM clone aswell so in regard, the WE 1911 is a mixed TM clone of the TM 1911 and TM hicapa.

THIS IS A CLONE OF THE TM MEU NOT THE WE MEU THE TM AND WE MEUS ARE VASTLY DIFFERENT INTERNALLY.

Is it really that hard to grasp?

This is still speculation here, so I think all he's saying is that the ARMY MEU could be just a rebranded WE MEU. He seems to realize/understand that in the past ARMY has not rebranded WE's, but this time could be different.

I think we need more facts and less speculation before this topic is really going to be useful.

Archived