Classic Army Blow back video

littlesniper101

That guy in the video must have a defective TopTech, the one in my posession opens the bolt cover when fired, which is normal, since the bolt moving back triggers the lock on the bolt cover.

On the other hand I find that having to push the charging handle back when locking the bolt is somewhat of a design flaw, I hope they don't leave it like that. Did anyone notice that on the video ?

The TT at least has a spring on the charging handle to pull it back, you don't push it by hand.

To be quite honest I don't know why someone would spend time and money on moving fake bolts, when the big challenge right now would be to study, replicate, or improve TM's blowback (which I found to be quite pleasing).

To be quite honest I don't know why someone would spend time and money on moving fake bolts, when the big challenge right now would be to study, replicate, or improve TM's blowback (which I found to be quite pleasing).

Agreed, but that would be more expensive than faking this system. Marui BB FTW!!!

Hrmm...

When i was at shot show and i handled the LWRC CA replicas i noticed that the faux action on the guns was really quite smooth and actually very nice. The spring tension was taut and it gave a satisfying clank as i racked the bolt.

The faux bolt in those videos looks similar to what was on the LWRC guns but im not a fan of the bolt lock. I would rather be able to just rack the bolt and have it slam forward simulating a power stroke reload.

IF CA is doing this for all of their models at no extra cost then fine but if they are going to charge us an arm and a leg for this im going to have to call BS.

This kind of system just isnt worth it as it provides NO stimulus during the actual firing procedure.

I really honestly have no clue why G&G/top tech and CA are even wasting their time with something like this. I cant think of ONE person that has EVER come onto these boards to the technical section requesting directions on how you create an "autoback" feature on their AR15 replica.

There's been a video on youtube titled "dream gun" for years now that has shown this simulated type of recoil and since the day i saw it many years ago ive laughed at the concept. This is far from my dream gun and im going to go out on a limb here and say that many others really honestly dont give a rats *albatross* about this type of thing.

What a waste of R&D money...

Those stupid guys of CA completly forgot to insert a magazine in the Toptech. it doesn't work right without BBs...

So I would say fail for CA.

Agreed, that was an utterly retarded review. This is the kind of review I hate the most, when facts are left out to make one product appear superior to another.

All it demonstrated was that:

1. The reviewer had no clue how the Top-Tech faux-blowback works, or was intentionally trying to whitewash facts like one of them Apple-vs-Windows commercials. Not only were there no BBs, the Top-Tech doesn't even have a magazine insert! The Top-Tech faux-blowback uses a pneumatic system that reminds one of a short-stroke piston in a firearm. With the airseal compromised by no BBs AND a missing mag, of course the faux-bolt wasn't going to move much and certainly not far back enough to trip the dust cover release.

(Visual explanation)

(Mag inserted and using BBs, actual Top-Tech faux-bolt travel distance at the end)

If CA cannot be honest about someone else's product, they have no right to do a comparison. By deceiving people about a competitor's product, CA is also deceiving people about CA products.

2. The CA faux-bolt is either sticking, or we're looking at an older faux-blowback design, in which the piston directly actuates the faux-bolt. That's how you end up with the faux-bolt not closing properly sometimes, because the piston itself often complete a cycle and a little more, leaving the piston slightly drawn back.

IMO, the CA system is significantly inferior system to Top-Tech's. Top-Tech always has its faux-bolt close because there's no direct piston-faux-bolt linkage. You can hold down the faux-bolt in the Top-Tech without causing the internal parts to bang against each other.

The review also conveniently left out that the Top-Tech has the bolt-catch feature, plus a number of other features that I'm sure the CA doesn't, because they didn't mention in a demonstration obviously meant to make the CA look better than the Top-Tech. Bet you that the CA doesn't have a working firing mode selector indicator on the right side.

As for the value of faux-blowback, I'd have to disagree with Magsz. I've see the interest over the years. Not strong, but it's there. Hell, TM even did it in the most recent AK. Companies should be free to innovate without being restrained by some sort of non-existent majority consensus on personal preference of airsofters.

• 8 months later...
All this really does is raise the bragging rights of people with WA/WE GBB and Marui Sopmod M4's.

BRAG BRAG BRAG!! have all three :D actually just received the sopmod a few days ago, thoroughly impressed with it. best aeg i've ever used, the metal body is something to behold, looks much better than this POS w/ laser engraves. The marui body has nice deep, accurate colt trades. the magazines fire every shot, and are actually life size, rather than other aeg mags.

Its worth having to buy proprietary mags, and i hear theres a way to make standard mags work

I've even seen very successful lipo conversions and the rof is great and the trigger response is just insane after.

Sure you can argue that the BB in the sopmod is gimicky, but this ca and gg bull cant hold a candle to it.

Besides the main selling point for me was that the sopmod has a rotary hop, which is far superior to the standard m4 hops. I absolutely love marui rotary hops, from the p90, to the m14, the thompson and g36.... its the only reason why i havent touched an m4 aeg since my first aeg, a CA m16a3, which was a solid shooter, but always had hop issues.

I plan to do up my sopmod to the fullest.

It already has a pdi 01 barrel, which is awesome in itself.

I'm gonna get the fps to 350 or so, put a stronger recoil spring, metal bushings, lipo conversion w/ mosfet. semi and 3rd burst will be the fire modes. and im gonna convert it to use standard pmags, and of course do the magpul/noveske goodness to it.

W/ a noveske sound amplifier, the sewing machine noise will almost be non-existent. Its not like other AEGs, sounds much better.

Archived