Tutorial on how to modify your ACM M500 to take CO2!

kizza

Hi there, I recently purchased the ACM (chinese copy of the Marushin) M500 shotgun (shorty). The gun was great but the green gas capacity was poor. I wanted to use this weapon as primary and keep firing rounds through it with consistancy and power. So, I read up on google and found only one person who has attemped this before (filipinofreak of airsoftforums.com), I asked him a bunch of questions and he answered them with no problems. Now I own possibly the best airsoft shotgun (one of) on earth, no joke.

Also, this mod is a bit expensive with items. Bearing in mind I ordered most items from the states the total bill came to around £160

Below i'm going to show you a step by step procedure, with pictures, on how you can do this modification yourself but please note, I HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU DAMAGE or RENDER YOU GUN USELESS! You need the correct tools and machines for doing this mod, I will list them all below.

So, here it goes.

1. First off your going to need the ACM M500, full stock or shortie it doesn't matter, they both have the same gas mechanism inside. Items your also going to need (sorry it's muddled):

D UPZ remote hose (or other, search for this on ebay)

C 1/8th NPT tap (for creating the thread, search for this on ebay)

B Q size drill bit (search for this on ebay)

E Female Stabilizer (from Palmers Pursuit shop here)

F PTFE tape (search for this on ebay)

G 9oZ, 16oZ or 20oZ Co2 bottle (bought mine from ebay, you could buy elsewhere)

DSC00624-1.jpg

Tools your going to need:

- Pillar drill (I used a regular hand drill BUT I would not recommend this if your not experienced)

- Tapping tool (This sort of thing)

- Metal cutting Saw

- 6mm allen key

- Flat head screwdriver

- Phillips screwdriver

- Hammer (or something to use to tap a bar out)

Thats about it!

2. Once you have all your items and tools continue below

MORE LATER!!!!!11

Archived