Help identifying make of my A.U.G

chownsy

I have just received a A.U.G in a swap but no way of knowing the make of it.

from reading on the net BE's have plastic mechbox's which rules this one out,

JG, CA or Tm are left.

Tm and CA have markings i beleive which leaves JG, but there is no Made in china anywhere on the rifle.

i have 5 midcaps with this, and 1 high cap, the high cap says made in china.

also have 3 batteries, 2 are black shrink wrapped and the other is shangboa make.

Does all the evidence point to this being a JG??

Its a black bodied one, has strip down like the real steel, its got the ras/ris rail on top.

Inside the hop unit looks after market with a blue control wheel on it.

Pics can be supplied.

Regards

Richard

Sounds like the G & P metal hop unit?

Are there any markings on the outer barrel near the foregrip?

Does the cocking handle lock open?

Does it have a sticker with Jap or Chinese writing on it near the magwell?

Look inside the magwell.

TM models have foam padding to prevent BB's getting inside the shell. The CA and JG do not IIRC.

Wayne

Sounds like the G & P metal hop unit?

Are there any markings on the outer barrel near the foregrip? - No markings

Does the cocking handle lock open? - Yes

Does it have a sticker with Jap or Chinese writing on it near the magwell? - nope none

Look inside the magwell.

TM models have foam padding to prevent BB's getting inside the shell. The CA and JG do not IIRC. - No padding

and to the other reply, the wires look quite thick and has a black battery holder (if that helps)

CA is the only one with Steyr trademarks, so without those it's either a TM or JG.

The TM has the aforementioned foam inside the magwell.

The plastic of the selector plate on the TM will be a good quality black plastic, the JG will have a semi-opaque whitish crappy plastic.

edit: ooh, what about the gas plug? I know it's a removable (and easily lost) part on the TM AUG and is fixed in place on the CA, anyone know whether the JG has a loose or fixed one?

what colour is the gearbox? most JG models are black and have been for a while, TM with have torx screws in it and oval bushings iirc. CA will have realistic trades and would have fell apart by now. :D

Grey colour box in it

How does one remove the box from an A.U.G??

Richard

take the whole front reciever off. remove the 2 screws in the battery compartment, use a screwdriver to push the gearbox upwards from where the reciever was. then just pry it out the back. should only take a minute. :)

2/3's there

front is all off, the back plate and inner compartment removed, but i cant seem to get it to budge out of there

Richard

EDIT ok, its out, the bushings are plastic. the motor says "chaoli micro motor P power"

That's JG with a G&P metal hopup unit. How you can tell: I have a CA base gun, it has Steyr trades, has a black metal hopup unit, has no foam in the mag well, and says "made by Classic Army" on the back receiver. That is no TM by what people are saying, no markings, no foam and no selector plate should leave only the JG.

Oh and the motor completes it, CA's come with CA high speed motors, TM's come with EG1,000's.

To get the gearbox out you need to smack the back of the stock down fairly firmy onto something soft-ish (placed on something firm). A towel folded twice, on the floor, is ideal, or a rubber mat if you have one.

It sounds a bit naff but that's the technique I believe.

JG stock is 'tighter' than the CA - I have found that the screws holding the rear stock together NEED to be loosened out with my JG=A1 - the mechbox would not come out otherwise.

many thanks for all the help., its JG :D and now it can be put up for-sale (dont care if it dont sell cause i like the feel of this)

Archived