GHK AK105

lin_pointer

I could be wrong but some folks I know with RA-TECH conversions / GHK AKS-74Us have apparrently successfully installed the gas internals in real steel bakelite mags.

It could of course be an elaborate web of deceipt (that or the fact that I'm incredibly gullible when it comes to wanting to believe things such as this are possible), but if it is then it would be great.

I'm certainly going to be looking at getting a GHK AKS-74 in HK this summer. :)

I would love to see if someone had done a mag transplant but it does look very difficult. As above, the bb feed is moulded into the shell and I am not sure the gas cylinder would fit into a real mag. I have just painted one of my mags plum instead which seems to have worked OK...now to figure out how to get a Tula star factory mark onto it :wacko:

I could be wrong but some folks I know with RA-TECH conversions / GHK AKS-74Us have apparrently successfully installed the gas internals in real steel bakelite mags.

It could of course be an elaborate web of deceipt (that or the fact that I'm incredibly gullible when it comes to wanting to believe things such as this are possible), but if it is then it would be great.

I'm certainly going to be looking at getting a GHK AKS-74 in HK this summer. :)

In the US that would almost double the price of the magazine. 5.45x39 magazines have skyrocketed in price over the last year and a half up from about $5 to $35-40 each. Crazy.

Let's stick to fixing the bolt carrier - then they can move toward other magazines.

done. . .coming soon!

http://www.classicairsoft.org/forum/viewto...5&start=195

for those not members:

Well, I'm back.

In some ways, this company was as I expected, in others I was greatly surprised.

They HAVE made changes to the system and done updates, however, they're lacking in the advertising and marketing of it all.

ghk5.jpg

V1 on the RIGHT

The bolt is now produced under greater pressure which creates a higher density part. So far this is working and is standing up to their Co2 mags. Also the problem of the left side sriking first had been recognized and was fixed by filing the bolt slightly there and checking tolerances in the body. The bolt "ears" were also enlarged a few millimeters.

ghk1.jpg

V1 on the left

Trigger: The looseness of the small sear pieces was due to the black coating process, the acid was eating too much of the metal causing the hole to be too large. This made it loose, unreliable, etc. This has been fixed. This also fixed the not going into safe correctly.

ghk2.jpg

V1 on the left

ghk3.jpg

V1 on the RIGHT

Hammer: This has been reinforced in two places. Where the pin went through has been changed from a 90 deg connection to a chamfer (more material). More material has been added to the bottom of the hammer also.

Mag pin pulling out of mag shell: This is due to being too close to the top and the pin being slightly too long. Both will be addressed.

ghk4.jpg

V1 on the left

Trigger spring: Some were breaking or were too loose in the gun. Larger ones have been made, but they don't fit the original deisgn, some minor mods are needed. New ones are larger dia wire.

ghk6.jpg

The new block is molded and not cut with a band saw. It is a much nicer fit and easier to remove. An engineer recommended to me that if the block were shortened until just covering the receiver exit, it would slow down the cycle making it more realistic and help with any cooldown issues.

A new hopup was also used which helped control gas leakage and breakage of the hopup unit. I forgot to get a picture of it.

They WILL do orange mags soon, and POSSIBLY just sell the shells.

They are planning on an AKM in the very near future when a little more capital is produced.

The next version AKs74u is REALLY sexy. All steel, except barrel, and laminated wood grips.

The AK100 series is ready to go. Yes, you saw a gas piston in there. It may or may not go into production with that option, possible damage is still being evaluated.

They are looking at doing two models, a standard and DX. The DX may include things such as more steel and a gas piston on the bolt.

Give this company some slack. They're new, I mean really new. They're trying to really do things right and make the best product they can. I am going to ask them about offering lowcost/free upgrades to V2 parts shortly.

That is good news about the reinforced parts. I have been impressed with RA-Tech so far and it looks like they will have an impressive line-up of reliable (hopefully) GBB AKs. I have had no problems with my AKSU yet although I have installed the rubber buffer to stop the bolt carrier cracking. I guess the easiest way to support RA-Tech's development is to buy more of their stuff :lol:

I would like a GBB AKMS.....but an AKM would do for now! The bakelite mags sound good too as long as the finish is like the MAG midcaps.

yeah i like that GHK is actually improving their manufacturing and going thru versions. now if they could only add a marketing department.

i am all for kitbashing as much as the next guy but i think i'll be patient and wait for GHK to release 7.62-based model. but the simplicity of their engine has me pretty excited to return to GBB guns.

well I hope the GHK boltcarrier does turn out better in its new higher density form

Hopefully:

a - they've cast some sort of mark on it to identify it from the original - from the photo its a different colour but thats not a great deal of help when it comes to trying to track reports of broken ones online or ensure a supplier has stock of the newer revision and isnt just palming you off with the old one

b - its made available in qty for folks to put thru its paces soon and get it signed off as a long term fix that doesnt need further change

buying upgraded versions of two out of three interdependent assemblies (RA-Tech hop unit and RA-Tech bolt) when the final design of the third part of the puzzle (GHK bolt carrier) still has potential to be subject to further change (that might render those incompatible) isnt really something I'm all that comfortable with.

• 3 months later...

Does any one know how many bb shots can i make from one 12g CO2 cartridge?

Does any one know if (and how) that NPAS ( a reduction unit ) relly works for gas consumption per /bb ( how much in bb's more per 12g cartridge)?

Does NPAS can be instaled in RA -Tech AK105 ( they say it has upgraded parts) ? Or i need a set with new bolt?

Regards!

Archived