KA Armament Introduces CNC PTW Lower Receiver

littlesniper101

News_090215_01L.jpg

"In an joint effort with K.A. Armament, ZShot.com is proud to present the first 100% made-in-the-US-of-A PTW Receiver. This work of art is in every aspect at the pinnacle of perfectionism: milled out of a solid block of 7075-T6 aluminum using state-of-the-art magazine-fed CNC machines in their world-class production facility, finished in mil-spec class-3 hard-anodization, and finally hand-inspected post-production for the absolute best fit and finish. In fact, we are so impressed with the quality that we immediately signed an exclusive distribution agreement with K.A. Armament to handle their global logistic needs.

To celebrate this new partnership, for a limited time we will also offer free custom laser engraving* on any K.A. Armament Receivers purchased in the U.S. Don't pass up this chance to build-out a truly one-of-a-kind PTW, with the best receiver money can buy that is even custom-engraved just for you! Call your favorite retailer now, or contact us to reserve your copy!"

Source-

www.airsoftreview.net

Kick *albatross* Armament company.

I know, I went to ShotShow with Wallace. These bodies are bomb proof.

As for 'no realistic trades' - It's made in the United States. We have these things, called copy right and trade mark laws, that are very, very well enforced.

Personally, I put my team logo on the side of my body. I could really care less who's trademarks are on it. My selector switch is custom engraved with "Safe / Oh *suitcase*! / *fruitcage* It..."

Then i have the 08th Eight Ball patch where trade marks should be, and a rack number on the opposing side.

If I remember right, the lowers were in the 150$ range.

I have to get a pin for my charging handle from wallace, so when I e-mail him about that, I'll ask about retail MSRP.

That is far more reasonable than the ludicrous prices for similar CNC products from overseas. In fact, thats a deal if you compare it to real CNCd lowers (the construction process of which is practically the same). This one even has class III hard anodize. Too bad its for the PTW, not the WAM4 or the WE.

That is far more reasonable than the ludicrous prices for similar CNC products from overseas. In fact, thats a deal if you compare it to real CNCd lowers (the construction process of which is practically the same). This one even has class III hard anodize. Too bad its for the PTW, not the WAM4 or the WE.

What do you expect from the U.S. Distributor of Systema? :)

There are plenty of companies that make metal bodies for your normal M4's, and as you said, it's much more reasonable then what the PTW currently has around. As for the Gas M4's - well, it's of my opinion they're nothing more then a toy. The blow back is awesome, but until they can get it to work in cold climates, or have small HPA units.. then they're impractical for all of us that live in places that gets below 40 degrees for a chunk of the year.

(Being in NE Ohio, that would basically make any gas gun a paper weight outside from the end of October, till the end of March, for the most part.)

So yeah, I see this being huge for the PTW.

And commenting on trade marks - two things.

If you want to be uber realistic, you wouldn't care about trade marks, because you're going to go omgsealz and paint the thing anyways.

and two, in my case - my gun has my Team badge on it, and is -very- recognizable. So if anyone tried to steal it and resell it, pretty much everyone in Ohio, and surrounding states would instantly know that it's not that persons.

Still, I don't think its uber hard to get the licensing, as that isgk thingy has so many under their label, I am sure if one were to join up with them, like KA and Madbull, etc it would be only to easy to get rs trades....

If you want to pay the millions of dollars for a major label trades, go for it.

Remember, Cybergun pretty much owns all the big name US trades. It's just really, really expensive to get them. And bluntly, for how small the PTW market is, not worth it. And really, it's apparent you've never worked in Licensing. It's actually really difficult, and really expensive when you're dealing with any big company.

Well airsoft guns in general are, in the end, still toys: unless you somehow airsoft for a living, you probably do it for fun. I don't really agree with your opinion on GBBs: I live more north than you, and though half the year is cold, the other half is pretty warm. The blowback and the cycling bolt is worth more to some than others, I guess. On another note, it's my opinion that the new Marui SOPMOD system essentially undercuts the PTW in every way possible. But that's another topic that's already been covered.

Again this is great for those few who have invested in the PTW.

I completely agree about the new TM M4, with out a doubt.

Only thing the PTW has going for it now, is the quick cylinder change ability. But yes, each to their own on gas guns. Personally, as I said above, they're not for me. But, none the less awesome for people who like them.

But soon, the PTW will lose even THAT advantage... the WE GBB M4 is already confirmed to have drop in bolt or valve kits to easily adjust FPS for CQB or outdoors skirmishes. They already exist, but WE's rep said specific power kits will be available individually shortly.

Yeah, but there is still the problem of gas sucking in winter temps.... I suppose their CO2 mags might solve that, but it'd still not be as consistent as an AEG. Then there is the problem of reliability niggles and aftermarket support (haven't seen too much for the WE) like the charging handle, etc.

And when someone makes a better gun then the PTW, that is more reliable, easy to use, easy to change FPS.. then I'll go to that gun.

Airsoft changes like anything else in the world. I'm just still sad that 90% of the guns out there (If not more) still use the standard Tokyo Mauri mech box design that came out 15-20 years ago now. Which is one of the reasons why I support the PTW - it's something that is gear powered, reliable in all weather (even CO2 is not), and a new design.

So yeah, whenever someone comes out with another new gear box design, that does what the PTW does, better. Chalk me up for one.

Nah man. The cool thing to do would be to get a penis with "Knights Armament" on the shaft, engraved onto the gun.

Thats exactly what I'm going to do. Perfect, thank you.

---------

I hope this company doesn't stop with just Systema receivers. I'd happily keep my money in the USA if they came out with WA and WE receivers (with or without the above mentioned Penis trades)

Archived