Magpul PTS 2009 Catalog

orca

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me want RS ACR, screw getting the PTS version. Same price, but RS is American made and true to real Magpul colors.

UBR is cool, especially if they made it able to fit a lipo(might have to pick one up). It'd be best if they just made a drop in "buffer" tube for it that would house the lipo IMO, because the price of the stock itself will be the same as RS.

Ca metal bodies are known for having a higher than the norm upper rail, G&P, Magpul, King Arms, etc don't

WAAAAANT THAT ACR!

Will their MBKs have a spec top rail? Because regular CA M15s have wacky dimension for that top rail that absolutely wrecks adding aftermarket rail systems.

There is no relation of CA M15 bodies to Magpul bodies. Magpul bodies work fine with rail systems.

There is no relation of CA M15 bodies to Magpul bodies. Magpul bodies work fine with rail systems.

To echo this, Magpul bodies (both the "Experimental Bodies" that are long discontinued, and the current Magpul bodies) were outsourced to and manufactured by G&P. They are to G&P specifications and as such have none of the issues evident in CA AR bodies.

Personally I'm excited about the Fold Away Glock and new sling plates.

Am I missing something here, where do you guys see an actual ACR in the catalog?

All I see are schematics, there's not even a picture of a prototype. They could have at least taken the ACM and put it in there to pretend they have something done.

We still have nothing concrete on the actual production or even prototype of the ACR, except for a few forum members here quoting PTS saying "We have special things coming."

I'm thinking the ACR has become vaporware...

The real version certainly has become vaporware, in any case. I hope that MagPul has learned their lesson and we don't see a repeat with the Massoud. (Somehow, I suspect that Bushmaster will try to sue MagPul and/or whoever else MagPul partners with to manufacture the real Massoud.)

Deal with it guys.

They will either release or they wont. Its that simple. Its their prerogative.

Anything you say or do or whine about on the internet is going to get you nowhere. Instead of whining you can merely offer support in the hopes that the product will be made. The more we encourage CONSTRUCTIVELY the better off we will all be.

Deal with it guys.

They will either release or they wont. Its that simple. Its their prerogative.

Anything you say or do or whine about on the internet is going to get you nowhere. Instead of whining you can merely offer support in the hopes that the product will be made. The more we encourage CONSTRUCTIVELY the better off we will all be.

Do you work for PTS?

All your post seem to support PTS, even though they have done nothing good for the airsoft community. I really don't care about the masada or acr but what PTS is doing is monopoly. They don't have any competition and their products are no better than the ACM products when they were available. Monopoly is illegal in the usa, thanks to the sherman antitrust act which makes it illegal to monopolize any trade of commerce.

This is a forum, all we can do is whine.

I also don't want to argue about this PTS stuff, it has been done enough and there is no ending to it, until PTS actually releases the ACR. Which will probably never happen.

No, i do not work for Magpul PTS.

The simple fact of the matter here is that the ACR is either going to come or its not.

Bitching about monopolies (that dont exist mind you) on the internet as a means to release frustration over not getting a toy you want is laughable at best.

Grow up. If you really want an ACR that bad offer your services to Magpul. Offer to spend countless hours slaving away at CNC machines cutting barrels and other small metal parts required for the ACR. Hell, got CAD ability? Draw the files for them, send it to them and say here you go, its ready, go put this into production. After you've gone ahead and finished off the CAD files you can go back to what i mentioned before, volunteering your time to set up a manufacturing facility for Magpul so that you can have your ACR.

Are you getting what im going after here? Producing a weapon like this is beyond the scope of you or me. Its a huge undertaking and takes a massive amount of time even for a company like Magpul or Magpul PTS.

I want an ACR just as much as you but coming up with fallacies in your own mind to justify to yourself why Magpul PTS is the devil, ie that whole monopoly idea is ludicrous. Just be patient. Like i said before, we are either going to get it or we arent.

I remember waiting for the MRP kits to be released. I followed Best Gun around like a puppy dog for two years and FINALLY the kits were released. They were sub par, poorly thought out and poorly realized but i still bought one. Those werent licensed, were made from scratch with no base product in hand and they ended up being good enough for me.

What Magpul PTS is trying to do is set the bar higher than other manufacturers. If all of this falls short, believe me, i will be the first one on here saying Magpul PTS released a steaming pile of poo. It could happen, it seriously could but until the product is actually released, ALL of this is completely out of our control.

Again, i hate to be blunt but...deal with it.

LOL. "Monopoly"... Magpul PTS' role in this is considered a legal "monopoly" (it's not even a true monopoly) as the intellectual property holder (Magpul) has signed an agreement with Magpul PTS to have exclusive copyrights to any airsoft replica of Magpul's products. Exclusive Copyrights are 100% legal. That's a fact.

Magpul PTS' products no better than ACM products? Have you ever bought a Magpul PTS product before!?!! The only product they've ever been apart of that were ACM level were the Magpul/Star locap mag collaboration. Other than that, their products have always been good to excellent.

I've long since stopped getting excited about Magpul announcments. I wouldn't be surprised if all the pictures in that catalogue are of the real deal rather than PTS and they're nowhere near being able to produce and ship.

As unfair as it is that their intellectual property is being stolen, they really shouldn't have followed TM's lead of announcing something several years before it's ready. Sadly it's just drumming up the hype for the ACM guys to feed from with their fast drawings to final product time.

Archived