Negative pressure valve for WA M4

Crimson

Ok lets start of with some information:

Bernoulli's principal

In fluid dynamics, Bernoulli's principle states that for an inviscid flow, an increase in the speed of the fluid occurs simultaneously with a decrease in pressure or a decrease in the fluid's potential energy

Enough of the science lessons why this is important ? it means RATECH have come up with a way of having adjustable fps on a WAM4

This wonderful system called the Negative Pressure Adjuster System or NPAS allows the user to lower the minimum fps or increase the maximum fps or anywhere in between by taking out the bolt and twisting the negative adjust system.

For the entire bolt installed with napas (so you can have multiple bolts pre set at different fps's so you can just change them over) $260

or $50 just for the NPAS KIT

rag_wa_bolt013.jpg

Source:

RATECH You Tube channel :

http://www.youtube.com/user/ratech5915

http://www.ratech.com.tw/eng_ra/index.php

Edit* Cant embed the video, mods could you please embed it :)

Erm....the negative pressure system is what has been used in most marui GBBs, KSC System 7, KSC glocks, and WE M4A1.

Nothing new, but that also means that the Magna blowback is now defunct. Which is good cos the floating valve WAS the primary cause of the BB squishing on the boltface and hop unit :S

Interesting product, certainly. This works on all WA bolt/nozzle setups? I'm confused since Prime and Inok seem to use different dimensions. Whats the word on the thing loosening itself?

So, correct me if I am wrong, once you pull the trigger and the valve is open, the negative pressure valve immediately begins to close (since flow there is fairly high velocity)? And I guess this valve adjusts the opening through which the gas comes through, or something else? How does it adjust blowback, is there another valve, or does the blowback adjustment just bleed pressure?

What I dont get is that, assuming inviscid flow, the total pressure should be conserved. The pressure being felt by the BB should be that total pressure (since we are assuming the BB blocks the barrel, and hence the flow stagnates behind the BB to static pressure = total pressure). So, assuming the whole valve is totally inviscid, shouldn't your FPS only depend on the pressure of your reservoir?

It should not affect the cycling mechanism, otherwise it'd be just the same as using weaker 123gas and wouldn't be much of a help as this would prevent certain GBB rifles like the Inokatsu from cycling properly.

if anyone read the comments lolwtfbbqbart was me :P

anyways they responsed my comment i like that but i dont get 1 thing...

How can you have an increase in fps, lower recoil and still manage to use more gas? doesnt it kind of even out? how wtf using less gas but harder recoil will save gas are you seriousss?????? doesnt it consume more gas for recoil vs fps?

It's the same volume of gas being expelled no matter what, this device simply allows you to regulate the amount toward each function: More towards FPS yields higher velocities but less gas is sent towards the blowback mechanism - the reverse is true as well. This effect was possible before by simply trimming and switching out the flute valve, but RATech has allowed us to now more accurately and quickly adjust the settings to our likings without having to buy countless replacement parts.

PS. Mine was sent out today :D

i wonder if they'll adapt this for their CO2 AK mags. it'd be great if they could start fitting them stock.

The valve goes into the bolt, not the mag. So if someone adopted CO2 mags, it should still work the same I imagine. I got some emails back from them. I'm probably going to place an order for their full G&P drop in bolt set that includes this new adjustable system.

Only some things:

1.) Where is END of adjusting? I mean... 100% on shot and 0% on recoil? Bolt stop will not work with this "settings". Or max - 80% | 20%?

2.) Can i have got 100 MPS (330 FPS) using 6mm steel ball with N.P.A.S. (Top or Green Gas)? And if CO2?

The valve goes into the bolt, not the mag. So if someone adopted CO2 mags, it should still work the same I imagine. I got some emails back from them. I'm probably going to place an order for their full G&P drop in bolt set that includes this new adjustable system.

whoops, misunderstood the concept.

still, i hope they revise their AKs to use them.

Archived